Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cakefarts View Post
    and study what? Thought about social work, but they make no money.
    look into a major that actually guarantees a decent job somewhere Psychology is a very vague and generic field.

Most people only minor in it and then major in something more challenging (physics/biochem/chem/math/biology/engineering/accounting.

cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    look into a major that actually guarantees a decent job somewhere Psychology is a very vague and generic field.

Most people only minor in it and then major in something more challenging (physics/biochem/chem/math/biology/engineering/accounting.
    Are you still an undergrad? What are you studying? JW

Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn Haters...

fuk your pre-planned sorry life... Many of you wouldn't have the balls to do what OP is doing.
    Last edited by Swift08; 05-25-2009 at 04:57 PM.

V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V8 Muscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try to get a job at In-N-Out burger.... if you get up to management you can make 100k/year (serious)

and being a regular worker there makes you 10/hr

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you still an undergrad? What are you studying? JW
    Double major biochemistry/chemistry with a minor in Spanish.

plenty of backup plans with this. I feel like I should have been done a couple of years ago but I'm trying to get into Pharmacy school and each school I apply to requires some oddball class that is outside my major.

cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500) cakefarts is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Swift08 View Post
    Damn Haters...

fuk your pre-planned sorry life... Many of you wouldn't have the balls to do what OP is doing.
    Feel the same way man. Thanks for the love.
    Originally Posted by V8 Muscle View Post
    try to get a job at In-N-Out burger.... if you get up to management you can make 100k/year (serious)

and being a regular worker there makes you 10/hr
    Damn! That's a legit option. I wonder if having a BA would even be beneficial to that type of progression.

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't listen to these guys brah. They're dissillusioned. When you're lying on your death bed it'll be the people you've met, the things you've seen and the places you've been that will give the most joyful memories, not whether or not you had the latest Nokia when you were 12 or the car you paid too much for at 27. These guys will go out into the world of work, earn a decent wage, kiss some ass, earn a bit more, buy a house, buy a car, get married, have kids and then they'll reach 40 and realize that ****, they haven't actually done anything with their lives. Que midlife crisis, a harley no doubt, maybe even a pony tail... while they desperately try to get back the youth that they wasted on preparing for a future that no longer exists.

Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Double major biochemistry/chemistry with a minor in Spanish.

plenty of backup plans with this. I feel like I should have been done a couple of years ago but I'm trying to get into Pharmacy school and each school I apply to requires some oddball class that is outside my major.
    wurd. What's chico like? What's the bud scene like?

|)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000) |)ark Lor|) is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TanzRemix View Post
    Yeah the Brazilian has no idea what they are talking about, lulz.
    GTFO

I've lived in Cali, *******.

SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you're fucked. good luck though.

Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rupert IV View Post
    Don't listen to these guys brah. They're dissillusioned. When you're lying on your death bed it'll be the people you've met, the things you've seen and the places you've been that will give the most joyful memories, not whether or not you had the latest Nokia when you were 12 or the car you paid too much for at 27. These guys will go out into the world of work, earn a decent wage, kiss some ass, earn a bit more, buy a house, buy a car, get married, have kids and then they'll reach 40 and realize that ****, they haven't actually done anything with their lives. Que midlife crisis, a harley no doubt, maybe even a pony tail... while they desperately try to get back the youth that they wasted on preparing for a future that no longer exists.
    This is a good cop out for being a failure.

"I may have a net worth of $9.99 but I went to California and smoked weed with Dave P!" (no hate on dave)

It's not like the guy is traveling the planet.

Originally Posted by Zackla View Post
    This is a good cop out for failure.
    Good cop out? To who? Who's judging this so called failure?

Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swift08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a good cop out for failure.
    wait, what have you accomplished in life that makes you so great & successful?

"I may have a net worth of $9.99 but I went to California and smoked weed with Dave P!" (no hate on dave)

You base self worth on net worth?

You're doing it wrong. I grew up with money. I could have a home on the water on the east coast to myself right now if I wanted to get handouts. Once you've seen what it is, it's meh.

Now if we're talking about the differential between true poverty and money, that's different.

sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Its funny, i used to work in a "hollywood" type mall and all the Kiosk workers were from out of state trying to "make-it-big". They all had some type of excuse for working a ****ty job like acting/singing/producing/etc. Its sad how delusional some people are because of "hollywood dream".

Originally Posted by sHaDyOneDeath View Post
    Its funny, i used to work in a "hollywood" type mall and all the Kiosk workers were from out of state trying to "make-it-big". They all had some type of excuse for working a ****ty job like acting/singing/producing/etc. Its sad how delusional some people are because of "hollywood dream".
    Or maybe they're just interesting people with pitch perfect goals on the ladder up-or perhaps they're stagnant. At least they're alive.

Much more so than an accounting major, which is essentially hoping for mediocrity, at best. Doing work that inspires no one, helps no one, and is just a bleh of boring number for XYZ corp.

Aspiring artists are some of the only interesting people left in this boring generation of ******** popping nothings.

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)

Depends on your definition of failure though. A flatpack lifestyle is not for everyone. And not everyone knows what they want to do before they do it. I know a lot of people who found their calling after bumming around for a while, trying different things. Now they conform to the socially accepted idea of success, but had they not experimented they may never have got there. The mass of men take the route well trodden and that's why they lead lives of quiet desperation.

Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wait, what have you accomplished in life that makes you so great & successful?
    I dunno... I managed a masters degree, pulled a 700 deadlift, got a woman that loves me, nice apartment, fast cars, brown belt in BJJ... lots of friends...?

You base self worth on net worth?

You're doing it wrong. I grew up with money. I could have a home on the water on the east coast to myself right now if I wanted to get handouts. Once you've seen what it is, it's meh.

Now if we're talking about the differential between true poverty and money, that's different.
    I didn't grow up with it but I have it now; you will find more satisfaction working your ass off and getting a solid education or setting some kind of goal for yourself than you will becoming another leech vagabond in California... unless you're mentally disabled, of course.

Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000)
    juss do porn..(srs)

new guys make about 400 a scene....its quite easy to get into as well

think about it

I dunno... I managed a masters degree, pulled a 700 deadlift, got a woman that loves me, nice apartment, fast cars, brown belt in BJJ... lots of friends...?

I didn't grow up with it but I have it now; you will find more satisfaction working your ass off and getting a solid education or setting some kind of goal for yourself than you will becoming another leech vagabond in California... unless you're mentally disabled, of course.
    I don't really have the desire to break apart all that I disagree with there-but it's vast.

Different strokes brotha.

SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SICWITH1T is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol @ OP becoming a vagrant.

wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50) wiid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn Haters...

I dont have the balls to do what the OP is doing, because I have the brains to not do what the Op is doing.
    Last edited by wiid; 05-25-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Originally Posted by Faboo View Post
    juss do porn..(srs)

new guys make about 400 a scene....its quite easy to get into as well

think about it
    In straight porn? Oh snap.

But I don't have an eight inch penor, and I'm not trying to have mom and pop see my face. I'd become a giggalo, though. (:

pharmacology major :) dissonance's Avatar
    dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dissonance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would suggest move to the bay area at least you can get a job there, humboldt is a small town but if you want to get pot easily and get with a hippy chick, humboldt is the place to go. good luck, brah
    -Misc. Surfer Brahs-
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Originally Posted by wiid View Post
    I dont have the balls to do what the OP, because I have the brains to not do what the Op is doing.
    No you don't. You just don't have the intellectual ability to see past the standard path.

I turned down med school.

Suffice it to say, if I wanted the standard path of capitalistic success, I had it. And still have it.

sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Or maybe they're just interesting people with pitch perfect goals on the ladder up-or perhaps they're stagnant. At least they're alive.

Much more so than an accounting major, which is essentially hoping for mediocrity, at best. Doing work that inspires no one, helps no one, and is just a bleh of boring number for XYZ corp.

Aspiring artists are some of the only interesting people left in this boring generation of ******** popping nothings.
    Except these people are mediocre people who aren't even mildly entertaining to talk to and have been working in the same **** job, waiting for their break, for 3 years.

You'll be back to this thread and realize everyone here was right and "We told you so".

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Rupert IV View Post
    Depends on your definition of failure though. A flatpack lifestyle is not for everyone. And not everyone knows what they want to do before they do it. I know a lot of people who found their calling after bumming around for a while, trying different things. Now they conform to the socially accepted idea of success, but had they not experimented they may never have got there. The mass of men take the route well trodden and that's why they lead lives of quiet desperation.
    I lived a real back packing lifestyle every summer from the ages of 13-20, May to September. School would end and my mother would hug me and say good bye and I would go. Only one summer did I even have anyone with me. I backpacked from the UK to the Russian/Chinese border in that time. I almost got killed with Russians while they fought Chechens, shot at by Georgians, detained by Russians, met tons of people, seen tons of ****. But I always knew in September I had a school to go back to. It's alright if you want to go to California, but go with a goal or an end plan.

The boring, settled mediocrity in this thread is resoundingly obvious and sad. The defensive posture is a tell tale sign.

Somebodies preconceived ideals are being challenged and they are getting angry son.

Originally Posted by wiid View Post
    I dont have the balls to do what the OP is doing, because I have the brains to not do what the Op is doing.
    you're basically saying you lack balls and are afraid to take risks??

your life will go nowhere.

I It's alright if you want to go to California, but go with a goal or an end plan.
    you could've said this and left it at that instead of bashing his life. The funny part is you are criticize him on **** you did yourself. All is well and I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Swift08; 05-25-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i would suggest move to the bay area at least you can get a job there, humboldt is a small town but if you want to get pot easily and get with a hippy chick, humboldt is the place to go. good luck, brah
    I figured the cost of living increase would offset the higher likelihood of a job. False?