domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Ripptoes and diet... needed so look over to see if a good plan

I have been on ripptoes before and though i am not the typical guy for the program, at 6'2'' 255lbs, I have found that the idea behind it works great for me to increase size and strength.
    I am starting a 12 week cycle on the program and am including a general diet plan for the 1st time to help lose BF. Any ideas or tweeks that you can come up with would be great.

my strength program looks like this. i have modiefied it over time and add some arms since i have been on the program for awhile.

Monday
    15 min interval running on a treadmill 1 min walk/ 1 min run
    squats 1x10 warm up 3x5 heavy
    bench 1x10 warmup 3x5 heavy
    BOR 1x10 warmup 3x5 heavy
    dips 3x10
    pushups 3x20
    pushdowns 3x15

Tuesday

2-mile run (building my way up to 4 miles)
    P90X abs work out

Wednsday
    15 min interval
    squats 1x10 warm up 3x10 medium wieght
    push press 1x10 warmup 3x5 heavy
    deads 1x10 warm up 1x5X50%, 1x5x75%, 1x5x90%( last set i reset every rep)
    Chins 3X10
    bbcurls 3x10
    preacher curls 3x15

Thursday
    2mile run
    P90X Core workout

Friday
    15 min interval
    pull up 3x10
    dips 3x10
    EZbar curl superset with skulls 3x10

Saturday
    3 mile run

diet
    (more of guidlines i plan to follow)

1. reduce Calories to 2800 (260*12 is like 3100 way to much to try and eat)
    2. drink a gallon and half of water a day
    3. 2+ serving of fruit and veggies
    4. 1g protien to 1lb BW
    5. no fast food (subway and arby's if i have to get somthing quick)
    6. work out with weights 3x per week
    7. run 3x per week
    8. eat a bigger breakfest with meals getting smaller thoughout the day
    9. no carbs after 6
    10. protein shacks after workouts

Add ons
    i take hydoxycut
    i use BSN products no-xplode, syntha-6, and cellmass (thinking of adding nytrix)
    i am in the military so i have to pass a PT test of 2-mail run, 2 min pushups and 2 min situps

like i said any suggestions and/or advice would be great.
    Domino

" A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard."

My workout journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2492501

gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's my suggestions for you...

This is where so many people fail...You need to have a plan for what to do next when the results start to slow. Are you going to add cardio, decrease calories, etc. Because the body adapts very quickly to the same protocol.

You should monitor your progress on a weekly basis and make small changes to your program when the results start to slow. Have a plan before you start as to what changes you will make. You'll be much more successful that way.

Originally Posted by domino44 View Post
    I have been on ripptoes before and though i am not the typical guy for the program, at 6'2'' 255lbs, I have found that the idea behind it works great for me to increase size and strength.
    I am starting a 12 week cycle on the program and am including a general diet plan for the 1st time to help lose BF. Any ideas or tweeks that you can come up with would be great.

my strength program looks like this. i have modiefied it over time and add some arms since i have been on the program for awhile.

Monday
    dips 3x10
    pushups 3x20
    pushdowns 3x15

Tuesday

P90X abs work out

Wednsday
    15 min interval
    Chins 3X10
    bbcurls 3x10
    preacher curls 3x15

Thursday
    2mile run
    P90X Core workout

Friday
    15 min interval
    pull up 3x10
    dips 3x10

Saturday
    3 mile run

diet

4. 1g protien to 1lb BW
    7. run 3x per week
    9. no carbs after 6

Add ons
    i take hydoxycut
    i use BSN products no-xplode, syntha-6, and cellmass (thinking of adding nytrix)
    i am in the military so i have to pass a PT test of 2-mail run, 2 min pushups and 2 min situps

This is the MOST POWERFUL Muscle Building and Fat Burning Program on THE PLANET...

The WLC Program: http://www.weight-lifting-complete.com/wlc-program.html

I used the WLC Program to build over 70 pounds of muscle onto my small frame. I now weigh in at 240 pounds and 12% body fat at a height of 5'11".

domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domino44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the advice..... on my lifting i increase the wieght i lift each workout following the riptoes program guidlines, resetting as needed to keep making gains, my running i increase speed of treadmill each week to keep same level on intesity, and i am trying to drop my 1 mile time to under 7 min while increasing my distance as needed.
    on the diet not really sure how to tweek it very much , it's more of guide lines and not really sure if besides drop cals what else i could do....
    Domino

" A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard."

rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just want to say this program isn't really Rippetoe's any more. Don't expect the usual jumps in strength. Good luck.

i know ... i was trying to get that across that i had found that the basics from ripptoes worked for me but that i had modified it since i had been on it for awhile. the lifts and progression is still ripptoes but ya anyone reading this should not think this is the offical ripprtoes/ ripptoes far more simple, with no arms, and less cardio, and the diet is way diff... but if you are new to lifting ripptoes is the way to go... i had amazing results from it.... and your arms will grow by following it.
    Domino

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How the hell can you do a legitimately heavy 3x5 session of squats after intervals? Put that **** after squats somewhere.

Also, do your cleans instead of rows.

good point on the intervals......i got caught up thinking about fat loss and somehow that point escpaed me... thanks.... i'll move them to the end of the work out...

can't do cleans.. don't know how... never found someone who could show me...
    Domino

anything else??
    Domino

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good point on the intervals......i got caught up thinking about fat loss and somehow that point escpaed me... thanks.... i'll move them to the end of the work out...

can't do cleans.. don't know how... never found someone who could show me...
    I have passable form and no one ever taught me a thing. Just buy Starting Strength or get the DVD.

Also, you gotta learn them from the hang position first.

C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50) C.Roy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Monday
    dips 3x10
    pushups 3x20
    pushdowns 3x15

Tuesday

P90X abs work out

Wednsday
    15 min interval
    Chins 3X10
    bbcurls 3x10
    preacher curls 3x15

Thursday
    2mile run
    P90X Core workout

Friday
    15 min interval
    pull up 3x10
    dips 3x10

Saturday
    3 mile run

diet

4. 1g protien to 1lb BW
    7. run 3x per week
    9. no carbs after 6

Add ons
    i take hydoxycut

First off, hopefully you're doing the cardio after your weight training?
    Second, Wasn't Hydroxycut all over the news for like liver problems, and heart problems or some ****? (I would drop it either way, it won't help anything)
    Third, I don't see the point in all these different variations of creatine, I say drop the Cellmass, stick to ol' reliable... Creatine monohydrate all the way, cheap and effective. (Seeing as taking Cellmass you won't be noticing any difference, besides your wallet size)
    Last, don't bother with Nitrix, it does nothing.

tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intervals work OK. but I find you blow to much weight to fasts ( hence muscle loss ) . Keeping my diet in check and low impact cadio for 30 min. at the end of my weight training session ( incline walk on the treadmill ) helps keep the body fat low...

Typhus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Typhus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Monday
    dips 3x10
    pushups 3x20
    pushdowns 3x15

Tuesday

P90X abs work out

Wednsday
    15 min interval
    Chins 3X10
    bbcurls 3x10
    preacher curls 3x15

Thursday
    2mile run
    P90X Core workout

Friday
    15 min interval
    pull up 3x10
    dips 3x10

Saturday
    3 mile run

diet

4. 1g protien to 1lb BW
    7. run 3x per week
    9. no carbs after 6

Add ons
    i take hydoxycut

Would it not be better to do 5mins rowing machine before lifting and warmups like

40%x5
    60%x5
    80%x2

Instead of one set of ten reps at a single weight?