dlingm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique/Fix current diet/workout

I'm relatively new to bodybuilding, I have been following "Your 12-Week daily video trainer" by Kris Gethin, so far I'm in week 7 and have followed everything except for the cardio since I've read everywhere is very hard specially for beginners to max possible muscle while doing cardio to stay lean enough to see muscle definition, I want to know if i'm doing something wrong because i've gotten chubby and don't see much muscle growing however I have gotten stronger since every week I go up weights, If anyone can help me out fix my current diet/workout so that I can see muscle definition and look lean while gaining muscle I'd really appreciate it.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 195 lbs

Bodyfat: 15% (says the machine in the gym)

Routine: Mon-chest/tri, Tues-35 mins jog in the afternoon, Wen-back/bice, Thurs-35 mins jog in afternoon, Frid-legs/shoulders, Sat-off, Sun-35 mins jog afternoon. (the exact exercise are here by weeks right now i'm on week 7)

Suplements: Optimum Whey Protein 100%, CytoGainer, BSN NO-Xplode, EFX Kre-Alkalyn (creatine in softgels), multivitamins
    Nutrition: Working days--breakfast 7am: 4 egs scrambled, banana, 1 scoop Whey Protein mixed with 8oz of 2% milk (cold),multivitamin. lunch 11am: aple, chicken with potatos and bottle of water, Prework out 2pm: 2 soft gels EFX Kre-Alkalyn (creatine), 2 scoops NO-Explode 16 oz water and wait about 30-60 mins then go to the gym, Postworkout 4pm: 4 scoops Cyto Gianer 12 oz 2% milk mixed with a banana, 1 softgel EFX, dinner 7pm: handfull of white rice choped pieces of meat (either beef, chiken or pork), salad, banana. Before bed 10-11pm glass of cold milk. Around 5 meals a day.

Non working days: is same thing as this but instead of taking cyto gainer in the middle of the day i take it before going to bed, I dont take NO-explode at all this days and take 3 softgels EFX on my first meal of the day, 35 min jog around 3-4pm.
    Overall drink a lot of water all day long, always have a bottle of water with me.

I take pictures every week on Mondays with different poses to see changes and stay motivated, it wont let me post em here because I don't have enough posts to do so yet but i will gladly send them to anyone that can help me go in the right direction to give an idea of how i looked before starting this 12 program and now.

I've always looked skinny even tho always stayed around 170-180 lbs.

Goals: Gain muscle, stay lean and healthy, but mainly muscle definition and noticeable abs.

Concerns: I feel chubby my belly sticking out more than muscles are growing, I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong so really appreciate if anyone can help me figure it out.

Thank you

PS- I was 180 LBS and used to eat 3 times a day without much regulation (fast foods, many calories ect..) before starting this 12 week program.
    Last edited by dlingm; 05-25-2009 at 05:01 PM.