kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 Years - 80 Pounds - Cant get rid of the final 20 :(

Hello fellow BBers! Ive been lurking and posting on these forums over the past 4 years and it is this exact website that inspired me to go on my own journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Check My Attached Picture!
    I started off back at sometime in the summer of 2008 at ~250 pounds and 5'5.5" bodyfat around 35% +

Today on February 1st, 2011 i stand at 175-180 pounds and 5'6.5" bodyfat around 20%.

I've done all the crazy diets from Keto to near starvation to frozenfood only diets. And time and time again the only thing that worked the best for me was to just eat less junk/soda and less of whatever I was already eating because it would be the only diet I can keep.

BUT PROBLEM! Ive been stuck at my current weight and bodyfat for the last 3 months and I don't know how to break this plateau. I've lowered my caloric intake and upped my exercise but still no budge. I feel like theres something big i'm missing or something drastic I should change about my workout so I need help!

Macros Usually work out to 40%carbs/35% protein/25% fat
    A sample day of food for me would be:
    Meal 1:
    Soymilk and Bran/Oats Cereal
    350 calories
    Meal 2:
    Chicken and Brown Rice with curry sauce
    650 calories
    Meal 3:
    Mushroom Pasta with Chicken
    650 calories
    Meal 4:
    Wheatbread with a scoop of sour cream and tuna
    300 calories

Daily Intake : 1950 Calories. My daily consumption in calories usually hang around this number.

Typical Weekly Workout
    Mon
    Cardio Elliptical 1 hour
    Tues
    Cardio Run 15 minutes
    Weightlift Arms and Chest
    Wed
    Cardio Elliptical 1 hour
    Thurs
    Cardio Run 15 minutes
    Weightlift Back
    Fri
    Cardio Elliptical 1 hour
    Sat
    Cardio Run 15 minutes
    Weightlift Arms and Chest
    Sun
    Cardio Run 15 minutes
    Weightlift Back

Please help critique my diet and workout! Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Current 214 lbs
    Goals
    October 30th - 207
    Nov 30th - 200
    Final Target 165 lbs

kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) kunitkrzybear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    You need to start lifting. At 173 pounds at 20% body fat, you have about 34 pounds of fat on you. You're in between burning off LBM or burning fat, but because you're cardio isn't that great and isn't supplemented with heavy lifting, you're going to have a tough time getting over this "pleateau".
    im doing cardio 7 days a week and im already lifting. Can you suggest a specific cardio or heavy lifting workout that I could start doing?
    Current 214 lbs
    Goals
    October 30th - 207
    Nov 30th - 200
    Final Target 165 lbs

dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kunitkrzybear View Post
    im doing cardio 7 days a week and im already lifting. Can you suggest a specific cardio or heavy lifting workout that I could start doing?
    I think he meant you need to start lifting weights seriously versus just doing Arms, Chest & Back repeatedly. There are many workouts online, you can just google a split versus full body; whatever your choice is.

If you aren't losing weight and have not been for a long time usually eating maintenance or slightly above it for 2-3 weeks will help.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the lowest you have dropped your calories to, for how long, and what was the result?

Also, I don't believe one hour on the elliptical is even necessary. I'd drop that altogether, but that's just me.

What I would actually do is drop the running on your lift days, do HIIT or LISS (or both) on the days you are doing elliptical, and start following a professionally designed lifting program (very important!!!). You will probably have to drop your calories a bit more at this point after being in a deficit for so long.

Also may need to tweak your macros by lowering your carbs and increasing protein and/or fats. You could try lowering your calories and having refeed days.

I do little to no cardio and my lift program is GST (Growth Stimulus Training) and I have gotten phenomenal results. I've continued to burn fat while lifting heavy and rarely doing cardio.