Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by beyondbasic View Post
    when the power of love, overcomes the love of power. the world will know peace. (unknown)
    I *think* this one was Jimi Hendrix...

IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceCube43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle?"

Dr. Cox, Scrubs

ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilovehurling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "Fear is temporary but regret is premanent" -Unknown

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "If you work hard, and you don't ever stop believing, you make your own good fortune"--Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher

miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miketylke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "brad has good abs"

driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) driver145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many great ones have been said here.

These are not on the same scale... but two that I like from the movies are:

Sean Connery from "The Rock"
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

From "Troy"
    Messenger Boy: "The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him."
    Achilles: "That's why no-one will remember your name."

Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xler8d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Found this a long time ago and copied it. I don't know who wrote it.

SUCCESS

Why do I succeed?
    I succeed because I am willing to do the things you are not.
    I will fight against the odds.
    I will sacrifice.
    I am not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt.
    I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell.
    I am motivated by accomplishment, not pride.
    Pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within.
    If I fall--I will get up. If I am beaten--I will return.
    I will never stop getting better. I will never give up--ever.
    That is why I succeed
    ☠USN☠
    Everyone has a motive. You just need to figure it out.
    NASM-CPT

shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone" -- Kevin Garnett
    Success comes with sacrifice

"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone" -- Kevin Garnett

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right" -- Henry Ford

iRepBack.. Always

orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvalsamazon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bear with me.. it takes a little lead story in order to get the effect:

After my divorce I had just turned 30 (and was about 40 pounds lighter). My ex had been the only man I had dated or had sex with and so all I wanted was no-string fun. And man it just rocks being a single woman.. free food and all the sex you can stand. Anyway.. I ended up seeing this one particular man for a few weeks. I had picked him because his body made you just want to sink your teeth in, but turned out he was very funny and successful and I actually ended up respecting him - which at that point in my life - was pretty shocking. Anyway after seeing him a few times, I ended up talking to him - another shocker - and shared about the regret of many of my choices and then spoke of how I wanted to pursue my MBA but was too scared of failure. He said several things to me but the most important was this one:

"Well, how many more regrets do you plan on having?"

That really motivated me. I busted my butt and got my MBA while taking care of my twins and working 40+ hrs a week.

Anytime I don't want to get up early, workout, make time to do special things with my children or have a hard decision to make... I think of those words and it works every time.
    You don't control Success.
    What you control is:
    I am NOT afraid to fail.
    - nikki giovanni

F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50) F22-Raptor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by orvalsamazon View Post
    Bear with me.. it takes a little lead story in order to get the effect:

After my divorce I had just turned 30 (and was about 40 pounds lighter). My ex had been the only man I had dated or had sex with and so all I wanted was no-string fun. And man it just rocks being a single woman.. free food and all the sex you can stand. Anyway.. I ended up seeing this one particular man for a few weeks. I had picked him because his body made you just want to sink your teeth in, but turned out he was very funny and successful and I actually ended up respecting him - which at that point in my life - was pretty shocking. Anyway after seeing him a few times, I ended up talking to him - another shocker - and shared about the regret of many of my choices and then spoke of how I wanted to pursue my MBA but was too scared of failure. He said several things to me but the most important was this one:

"Well, how many more regrets do you plan on having?"

That really motivated me. I busted my butt and got my MBA while taking care of my twins and working 40+ hrs a week.

Anytime I don't want to get up early, workout, make time to do special things with my children or have a hard decision to make... I think of those words and it works every time.
    Thats awesome. Repped.
    "I am my own worst enemy, the only voice left taunting me is my own."

trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Application to my favorite quotes.

I always believe that quotes are just words unless you can apply them in real life situations. So, these are a few that popped in my head while I trained myself or others:

If someone just shrugs and says, "I know what to do...I'm just lazy..."

"People aren't lazy; they just have impotent goals" -Tony Robbins

If someone comments about how long the process is going to take, or how much time has been lost already...

"Don't count the days; make the days count" -Mohammad Ali

If someone really struggles physically with the training process...

"The body has to go through a certain pain period in order to grow. If you can make it through this pain period, then you make it to be a champion. If you can't, forget it...and that's the difference, when you can go into the gym and say 'I don't care what happens'..." -Arnold

This is one of my favorites, especially when people say the classic excuse, "well I've never hit my goals before, I've always failed before, what makes it different now?"

"The Past DOES NOT equal The Future" -Tony Robbins

Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just came up with this one myself while I was trying to push myself and hype myself out.

"When will I stop? when I can wear a 45LB Plate on my keychain!!"
    -------------------------------
    Strong Ass Jew Crew
    Big Beyond Belief and Bold Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120268681

BuildingRobb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chef K-Lo View Post
    I *think* this one was Jimi Hendrix...
    It was Jimi Hendrix, and it's a good one.
    You deserve what you settle for.

Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Challenges don't build character, they reveal it."

"You don't live to lift, you lift to live."

"I guess it goes to show, no matter how much you suck, someone else sucks more. Unless of course you're the poor bastard that sucks the most. That would suck." -- random guy on a video game forum

Some people make excuses about why they can't do this or that, or that they don't have the time or energy to workout and eat healthy meals. That's bull. The time is there, you just have to make exercise and nutrition a high enough priority to make room for it in your life. If you make excuses and complain that you don't have time to take care of yourself, then sit down and reorganize your priorities. Excuses get you nowhere, and no one cares about your excuses but you! At the end of the day all those excuses go right out the window: you've either succeeded or you failed--end of story! If you are not willing to get up a little earlier and/or change your schedule around so that you can take care of yourself, then at least admit that it's because you don't want it bad enough to make the effort. ? John Stone

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    -- Albert Einstein

"Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit.? -- Bruce Lee

?That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.?

It's far too easy to remain silent when something hurts...and usually, someone wants you to keep quiet. I've trained myself to fly in the face of that. F**k silence and the people who would have me keep it. Silence is my enemy. ? Malice

?Life is a pointless drive that we take alone. Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home.? -- The Bloodhound Gang

?The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying relationships is you.?

?Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.?

And my favorite:

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -- Philip K. Dick

Not all of those are directly fitness-related, but I find them useful for general motivation or maintaining a healthy perspective on life.
    When you LOSE weight, your pants will be LOOSE.
    There is no "E" in RIDICULOUS.
    THEY'RE going to THEIR house, which is over THERE.
    YOU'RE going to the gym for YOUR workout.

rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love some of Lance Armstrong's quotes.

?Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.?

?Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.??

?If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.?
    June 2009 - 227lbs

lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000) lacrosse_boy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by beyondbasic View Post
    when the power of love, overcomes the love of power. the world will know peace. (unknown)
    not unknown. it's a jimi hendrix quote

Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsillers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yesterdays gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your entire life is going to be filled with people who don't want you to succeed, you either let that get to you and go down to their level, or you ignore it and become invincible.

I actually said that... i didn't think i had it in me. but after i read what i wrote I thought it worked pretty well.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    Your entire life is going to be filled with people who don't want you to succeed, you either let that get to you and go down to their level, or you ignore it and become invincible.
    good one bro...

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
    good one bro...
    i know right, i totally kick ass.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) omologato24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "Squat! Because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max."

Not as motivational to the lady's; my apologies.
    SQUAT: Because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111481151&page=2

From the State of Hockey THUNDERGOD's Avatar
    THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10) THUNDERGOD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle."
    ~Sun Tzu~
    "If your going through hell... Keep going"
    ~Winston Churchill~

"The best thing that you can give your children is healthy parents"
    ~Brad Nelson~

"Keep your fears to yourself, and share your courage with others"
    ~Franklin Miller~

1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1MoreRepUFool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thall345 View Post

the only place were 'success' comes before 'work' is in the dictionary

Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

"Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them." ? Unknown
    The three best !!
    I always Rep back ! ! !

giripai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read this a long time ago...

"To act you must be somewhat insane, because reasonably sensible people are satisfied with just thinking"

"Nothings gonna come my way that you and I cant handle, Is there O Lord?"

angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) angrymusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My signatures. Well, except the last one.
    "Go boldly toward your personal liberation." - Bruce Lee

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."

"When you're going through hell...keep going." Albert Einstein

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by angrymusic View Post
    My signatures. Well, except the last one.
    pretty sure winston churchill said the quote u credited to einstein. still, one of my faves

uziel5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday is History. Tommorrow is a Mistery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the "present".

Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i love this thread i check it everyday..awesome quotes keep it up

LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveFromNY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Do Work"

as lame as that sounds lol
    There is no room for second. No place for the imitator. No space for the poser. History will be made...for the one.

E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50) E1GHTY_PR00F will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most of these are from Senses Fail's "Life is not a waiting room" album (which completely changed my life).

"Wake up, you're sleeping behind the wheel."

This one hit me the hardest. It's from a Senses Fail song and the way it's used in context to the album is that the quote is a metaphor for life. My whole life I've been asleep at the wheel kind of just letting things pass me by and going with the flow. When I heard this I told myself I need to take control and stop "sleeping behind the wheel" because this life is way too short to waste it letting days and opportunities pass you by as if they're not important at all.

Some others I like:

"The past is only the future with the lights on."

I take this one as: by being able to see my past clearly, I am able to learn from my past mistakes and apply them to the present so that my future can be everything I need it to be.

"I'm surprised it's still so hard for me to see that I should start living my life or I will die unfulfilled and empty."

"Everyday is another chance to make peace with myself, but I would rather play dead."

I used these when I was wavering about whether or not I actually have the ability to turn my life around. I knew every day was a chance to start again but days upon days passed me by before it all finally clicked for me.

"So get on your feet, wipe the dirt off and get with it, destiny waits at your door (all wrapped up with ribbon). It's time to move on, cause the past can't be your passion. So what if you did something wrong? Find someone who hasn't."

There are a lot more from this album that just totally made me open my eyes and take a look around to realize that I need to change, RIGHT NOW.