Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) etonyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "You are the architect of your own destiny."

robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50) robfromsc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mnx4 View Post
    Awesome thread, keep 'em coming.

Here are some of my favorites:

The question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means, time, influence and educational advantages; the question is what he will do with the things he has. The moment a young man ceases to dream or to bemoan his lack of opportunities and resolutely looks his conditions in the face, and resolves to change them, he lays the corner-stone of a solid and honorable success.
    -Hamilton Wright Mabie

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
    -Marcus Aurelius

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.
    -Aristotle

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    -Sun Tzu

Finally, this is a great comic. I've made it a poster and it's hanging by my other motivational posters.
    http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus37.html
    That comic really almost brought a tear to my eye.... I love it forreal forreal
    "when you are second attack the leader, when you are the leader attack yourself"-unknown

mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000) mackd is just really nice. (+1000)
    some have already been said but these would have to be my favourite.

"Impossible is nothing"

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

"That that dont kill you, only makes you stronger"

"Bicep curls get the gurls"

"I am what i am, you can like it or love it!"

"If i can't do it, homie it can't be done"

"Lift some weight, eat some steak"

Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mcfaol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by trynagetbig37 View Post
    I don't know if its ever been said or if its motivational but it motivates me. Its by me "Without discipline, strength cannot be achieved".
    This one is one of my favorites. its short and reminds me of how I think as well.

MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MIKE6191 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you."

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBuddhist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Failure is not when you get knocked down. Failure is when you don't get back up.

Something my coach used to say when I boxed. Translates to a lot of things in life though
    We're done.... I lied, 3 more!

Everything we do is a choice, Its time to make the right ones.

strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50) strikeCHAOS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if yu aint first then your last .

also the ones in my sig.
    strikeCHAOS
    Spark of the fire
    Your username/title combo
    Fills me with a grand desire

To create for you an ode
    Of quite the epic scale
    To match your bada$$ name
    And to make your enemies pale

StrikeCHAOS the destroyer
    The empire of the world
    He's come from Hell's fire
    To f**k all the Misc's girls

He is the messenger of the lord
    He is Australia's defender
    And he is called daddy by all his whores
    - sum41gp

I rep back unless on r/c

FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get better, or get worse.

foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weak people get weak results. Success is for the strong.

FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromNowOn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PASSION
    ...and Peak Performance!

NOT commitment to excellence...
    Rather, utter disdain for anything less!

NOT endless hours of practice...
    Instead, PERFECT practice!

NOT ability to cope...
    Rather, total domination of EVERY situation in life!

NOT setting goals...
    Goals too often prescribe performance limits!

NOT doing what it takes to win...
    Instead, a burning commitment to do what no one has ever done, or will ever do again!

NOT need to achieve...
    Instead, doing what it takes to EXCEED the bounds of mere convention

NOT force of skill or muscle...
    Rather, it’s the explosive, irresistible force of WILL!

-- Dr. Fred Hatfill

Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wellz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am William Wallace, and before me, I see a whole ARMY of my countrymen here to battle the English. Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives.... but they'll never take our freeDOM!!
    ~~~BRAVEHEART~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
    ~~~Gladiator~~~

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
    ~~~Taken~~~
    I'm busier than a one-legged man in an @$$ kicking contest.

MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    “The risk of failure, social or physical is paramount because failure and dissatisfaction are the parents of thought -- success and fulfillment do not inspire or require introspection.” Mark Twight (Creator Gym Jones)

"Go until you are actually in fear of your life and then go further." - Mark Twight (Creator Gym Jones)

"Sometimes you can hear your body start talking to you ... 'Oh, I can't do it anymore, I can't do it anymore,' and your mind goes 'shut up body and do what I tell you' and your body is almost like ... revolting against you and saying 'I can't do it, leave me alone, I can't do it, I want to pull over now,' and the mind goes, and the brain goes 'no, no, no, you keep going, you keep going because I want you to do what I tell you to do' and you know, your lungs are burning and you have the little taste of blood in your mouth and your legs are burning, and they don't want to turn around anymore and you know if someone now attacks you will be blown out of the water but you go 'no, I just keep going' and you just keep going and ... you make it happen." - Jens Voigt (2008 Tour De France)
    -Matt

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
    --Sir Winston Churchill

The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin

?There is no gene for the human spirit.?

shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shotgunsays is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this ones by a band called guns up! check them out i run and lift to them every day.

"I'M GONNA GET WHAT I WANT, OR I'LL TAKE IT
    AIN'T GONNA BE NO SITTING AROUND FOR ME
    IF YOU GOT TO TRY,
    WHY NOT TRY FOR THE TOP
    AND NOT LEAVE UNTIL IT'S DONE"

PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10) PimpnUse2BeEz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will not allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.
    Og Mandino

Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return.
    Og Mandino

Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity.
    Og Mandino

I absolutely love this guys work.

R.I.P. Og
    A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure - Czech Proverb

bodymojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abe Quote

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
    Abraham Lincoln

SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000) SupremeClientele is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do something everyday that scares you

Buckeye07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love this thread. Thanks to all the contributors
    "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Orion. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like... All I know is what it did take to make this, all I am is what it will take to break this. ~Thousand Foot Krutch. Rawk-Fist.~

cib0_madu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cib0_madu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some nice quotes here, im working on a wallpaper for my laptop, and putting some of these in, as well as some of the pics from the motivational pic thread.

Orion. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll die to win because I'm born to lose. Breaking Benjamin - Firefly.

Let the past help shape who you will be but never define who you are.
    Last edited by Orion.; 11-01-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000) Mfusick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wellz View Post

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
    ~~~Gladiator~~~
    ~~
    Originally Posted by BPP View Post
    History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
    Originally Posted by FromNowOn View Post

NOT commitment to excellence...
    Rather, utter disdain for anything less!
    good ones

itsmeguys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itsmeguys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire."

-John N. Mitchell

OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Be intense to be immense - OTM 2008

NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NorCalJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Why do we fall?...its so we can learn to pick ourselves up."
    -Michael Cain ( Alfred) Batman Begins

I am the juggernaut! TheJuggernaut85's Avatar
    TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "You look in the mirror, and you ask yourself; I am the best? The answer should always be no. Is there someone better out there? The answer should be always be yes. But then everyday you look at that reflection and you say that is who I must beat, I train to beat them. Then one day you beat them; so you find another. There is always someone you need to beat, even if that person ends up being you in the end, suppress yourself and never f**king quit and never accept that you are the best and there is nothing more you can accomplish. On this team, in my weight room, I never want to hear the words 'I am satisfied'. If you squat 405 for the first time I want you to wipe the puke off yourself come over and write down your new goal. Complacency has no place in sports or life. When you think your the best I guarantee that the someone will come over and knock your ass down. You know why? Because he was never satisfied with being the what he thought was his best and kept training like he did in the first place. There is no my best. There is only my former best and my new goal."

This was me on a rant to the team I am a Strength Coach with. Do not know where it came from or how the hell I came up with it but I was pleased to see the open mouth look from the guys and they listened. So I wrote it down and thought I would share.
    Adam Borkhus ACE

"You cannot dream yourself into a character: you
    must hammer and forge yourself into one." - Thoreau

wyss34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut85 View Post
    "You look in the mirror, and you ask yourself; I am the best? The answer should always be no. Is there someone better out there? The answer should be always be yes. But then everyday you look at that reflection and you say that is who I must beat, I train to beat them. Then one day you beat them; so you find another. There is always someone you need to beat, even if that person ends up being you in the end, suppress yourself and never f**king quit and never accept that you are the best and there is nothing more you can accomplish. On this team, in my weight room, I never want to hear the words 'I am satisfied'. If you squat 405 for the first time I want you to wipe the puke off yourself come over and write down your new goal. Complacency has no place in sports or life. When you think your the best I guarantee that the someone will come over and knock your ass down. You know why? Because he was never satisfied with being the what he thought was his best and kept training like he did in the first place. There is no my best. There is only my former best and my new goal."

This was me on a rant to the team I am a Strength Coach with. Do not know where it came from or how the hell I came up with it but I was pleased to see the open mouth look from the guys and they listened. So I wrote it down and thought I would share.
    That's intense dude, so you are the crazy hardass guy for your team? I loved our crazy hardass coach when I was in high school football. ****ing intense mofo, loved it.

I am the juggernaut! TheJuggernaut85's Avatar
    TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheJuggernaut85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wyss34 View Post
    That's intense dude, so you are the crazy hardass guy for your team? I loved our crazy hardass coach when I was in high school football. ****ing intense mofo, loved it.
    Yeah I am the crazy hardass coach. That is how I was coached and that's how I coach now. Seems to work well, I mean you need to know when to be hard and when to be a little less so but yeah.
    Adam Borkhus ACE

"You cannot dream yourself into a character: you
    must hammer and forge yourself into one." - Thoreau

MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HARD WORK-SACRIFICE

"You start with a dream. But without hard work, you may end up with
    nothing but the dream. Hold onto your dreams. They're important. The
    ideal situation, however, is to go out and make those dreams come true.
    Only you can do this; nobody else can do it for you. If you're willing to
    work hard and make the necessary sacrifices, you can do it. Hard work's
    constant companion is sacrifice. To get the edge, you have to be willing to
    pay the price for success. This means practicing according to a schedule,
    and not when you feel like it or when it's convenient. If you're serious
    about reaching your goal, you must be willing to practice when you'd rather
    be doing something else. Make the sacrifice. Work hard. Do what it takes
    in practice to be a winner."

The Edge by Howard E. Ferguson
    -Matt

Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My buddy just sent this to me on ******** as a comment on my status. It really got me fired up since I have people to prove wrong.

"madness on ur brain revenge in ur heart nitrous in ur veins on the verge of exploding ..... then and only then will you be your best and get what is yours"

He is also a fellow body builder I do not think he is on here but that is his choice. I am doing this for myself and myself only. People rub it in my face saying you can't do it and this and that. So I need to tell them **** YOU! This is my way of doing it. Prove them all wrong. There is also some other motivation in me but that is a personal thing. Ohhh boy I can not wait to slam the god damn weights tomorrow and cause udder ****ing chaos upon myself!
    Member of Team 7 Get Some

add me if you want on myspace

www.myspace.com/boostinspyder