WiKedWiLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whats the best way to get bigger biceps?

i'm an extremely hardgainer, with a lanky build lol...im 5'11 142 lbs. i currently take houldrol, plasmajet, iso mass gainer, an isolate protein, and i jus bought some sizeon but im currently not taking

i work biceps more than often than anything...i recently bumped it up 2 every third day
    i do 16 sets of different variations...mostly in the 8-16 rep range

i do seated curls wit dumbells 25lbs 4 sets 16 reps
    standing hammer curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
    preacher curls on the machine 1 set at 140 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 110 lbs till failure, 1 set 80 lbs for failure, than i either do seated curls on the machine usually high reps, pull ups, or curls on the cable, my arms are currenlty only 13.5 inches,

my goal for the summer is 15's, other than putting on weight does anybody have any suggestions? and also ive put on about 10 lbs in the past 6-7 weeks and i shoot for 6 meals 1300 calories a meal, 40g of carb 40 g of protein, end up with more of an average of 5 meals a day with more of a total 5000 calories 150 g of protein and carbs a day

i measure myself and im more swole after a workout of high weight, but i feel harder and stronger after high reps, thats why i do both....i'd greatly appreciate any suggestions

RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WiKedWiLL View Post
    i'm an extremely hardgainer, with a lanky build lol...im 5'11 142 lbs. i currently take houldrol, plasmajet, iso mass gainer, an isolate protein, and i jus bought some sizeon but im currently not taking

i work biceps more than often than anything...i recently bumped it up 2 every third day
    i do 16 sets of different variations...mostly in the 8-16 rep range

i do seated curls wit dumbells 25lbs 4 sets 16 reps
    standing hammer curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
    preacher curls on the machine 1 set at 140 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 110 lbs till failure, 1 set 80 lbs for failure, than i either do seated curls on the machine usually high reps, pull ups, or curls on the cable, my arms are currenlty only 13.5 inches,

my goal for the summer is 15's, other than putting on weight does anybody have any suggestions? and also ive put on about 10 lbs in the past 6-7 weeks and i shoot for 6 meals 1300 calories a meal, 40g of carb 40 g of protein, end up with more of an average of 5 meals a day with more of a total 5000 calories 150 g of protein and carbs a day

i measure myself and im more swole after a workout of high weight, but i feel harder and stronger after high reps, thats why i do both....i'd greatly appreciate any suggestions
    Hi WikedWill.

Cut out those million dumbell curls, and jack the weight up.
    Get 25 good reps, on the highest weight you can do. (5x5)

Another good excercise I found, was 21's.

Get your ez bar, and load it to whatever you can do 10 reps with.

It's a standing excercise.
    Then do 7 half-curls in the lower ROM.
    7 Half-curls in the upper ROM.
    7 FULL curls using full ROM.
    No rest until you've finished the last full curl.
    Then a 1-2 min rest.
    Repeat twice.

These burn like a bitch and are guaranteed by nearly every trainer I know to stimulate growth. Ronnie Coleman does 'em too.

It sounds like you might just need to change your routine up a bit.

Good luck.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^^

Great advice.

OP, how the hell do you expect to get 15" biceps if you stay a buck forty?

6 x 1300 = 7800 kcal which might be appropriate for a 6'6" 360lb strongman like Magnus Samuelson.

5 x 1300 = 6500

Even 5000 kcal is excessive for someone your size unless you want to get really fat. Are you sure you are eating that amount?

Hardgainers turn into easier gainers when they start training right. We are all different, but your program sure sounds over the top.

If you only did say EZ Curls and Hammer Curls, and alternated them say Mon, Thurs etc, and did something like

4sets x 6 reps
    or
    5 sets x 5
    or
    6 sets x 4
    or
    8 sets x 3 reps

after warmups, and added poundage every time you got your reps in good form, I'd say that is a better program than what you are doing at present. You could finish with spider curls off a vertical surface which is safer to the elbow ligaments and biceps tendon than the preachers.

I'd say if you did just 21s you'd have a better program than what you are doing.

Don't forget that the triceps contributes twice as much to upper arm size as the biceps, and the brachialis contributes a third as much.

So train the triceps hard with a compund like parallel bar dips or close grip bench, and an iso like triceps pushdown with a V-handle to minimize elbow tendonitis.

Get real and take all measurements cold!

If you get much stronger in your arms for your favorite arm moves for about the same reps, then you'll get bigger arms. There may be a limit to what your body will permit if you stay too small. So don't forget the big basic stuff in your profile above your goals.

PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're not going to get big biceps training for biceps. Focus on the whole body and the rest will follow. All you need is a feww solid isolation movements, the core of your routine, deadlifts, bench, squat, rows, presses; those will give you mass. And try chins before the isolations.

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Training back = training biceps. Any sort of rowing motion/pullup/chinup will directly target your biceps so focus on stimulating as many muscle fibres as possible which means compound movements.
    It certainly does suck for us lanky fellas but you will look 10x better with a bigger chest/back/legs compared to just having big arms.
    ***Trapped on prison island crew***

wayne_everett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're looking for bigger arms, focus on your triceps, they're 2/3 of your arm. By comparison, the bicep is a much smaller muscle. Keep the reps low and focus on growth exercise, barbell curls, preacher curls are two I always keep in my routine.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want a bigger pair of biceps, not to mention more overall size, then do the following:

1. Eat consistently and then eat some more. It's good that you've put on weight--keep it up. Just make sure that it's mostly muscle and not fat.

2. Stop that 16 sets of bicep crap; not necessary.

3. Base your routine around compounds. I don't know what kind of workout you're doing, but if you include heavy leg work (for balance) heavy back, chest, and shoulder work--mainly compounds--that'll stress your bis and tris more than the workout you're doing now.

4. When you work your bis, stick to doing barbell or dumbell curls along with hammers. For tris, stick to either dips or close-grips and maybe some extensions. That should be it for now, no more than six total sets for bis and the same for tris.

5. Think progression on every set. While that isn't always possible, it should be uppermost in your mind when you work out, and you should try to get a couple more reps on at least two of your exercises.

Give it your best shot, stress the compound movements, and eat well. You may just get your 15-inchers--or more--if you stick with the basics. Maybe not this summer, but growth will be in your future if consistency is observed. Best of luck.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50) ColdCut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    ^^^^^^

Hardgainers turn into easier gainers when they start training right.
    Wow. Great statement. I was a "hardgainer." 6'2" 145lbs. Then I started to eat properly and do a well rounded routine. Now I'm 225 lbs.

WiKedWiLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

great advice man

Originally Posted by RekaW View Post
    Hi WikedWill.

Cut out those million dumbell curls, and jack the weight up.
    Get 25 good reps, on the highest weight you can do. (5x5)

Another good excercise I found, was 21's.

Get your ez bar, and load it to whatever you can do 10 reps with.

It's a standing excercise.
    Then do 7 half-curls in the lower ROM.
    7 Half-curls in the upper ROM.
    7 FULL curls using full ROM.
    No rest until you've finished the last full curl.
    Then a 1-2 min rest.
    Repeat twice.

These burn like a bitch and are guaranteed by nearly every trainer I know to stimulate growth. Ronnie Coleman does 'em too.

It sounds like you might just need to change your routine up a bit.

Good luck.
    i appreciate it brotha...those 21's sound bad ass, cant wait to try that **** out

RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RekaW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WiKedWiLL View Post
    i appreciate it brotha...those 21's sound bad ass, cant wait to try that **** out
    No worries man.
    21's are the ****.
    They make you say some bad, bad words when you finish a set though.

jdanderson19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ReKAw, those look good! i will be trying them tonight.
    Jake Anderson

Originally Posted by jdanderson19 View Post
    ReKAw, those look good! i will be trying them tonight.
    Hahahaha, awesome. Let me know how you go.

here's ronnie doin' em. Obviously, try to do them with better form than Ronnie