FreeXRaided is on a distinguished road. (+10)

College Track Practice Schedule?

I've been looking for answers on the Internet, but can't find any. Is anyone here a short-mid distance collegiate track athlete? If so, what does the typical off-season, and the typical in-season schedule look like in terms of practice, weightlifting, etc?

Registered User IrishRichieMune's Avatar
    IrishRichieMune is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man! Congrats on your high school success. I played baseball in college so I have a lot of close friends on track. It's an all year thing. It's the greatest thing ever because it's like being a kid again. Good luck!

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My son's a thrower in college and plays football. Track is an all school year thing; XC in the fall, indoor season in the winter, outdoor in the spring, USATF local meets (if you want) in the summer. In D3 main practice is usually end of school day (4pm-6pm), with lifting scattered throughout the day depending on your class schedule. Sometimes the throwers will practice technique work in weight throw, hammer, javalin or discuss early in the morning when no one else is in the facility (safety reasons). Non-XC runners usually go on conditioning runs with XC crew and then break out to do some technique work and lifting. Lifting changes through the year becoming more explosive based towards the season. If you really want to know, talk to your future coach.