BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000)

is this squat rack any good?

http://www.gymworld.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=222

just wondering if it is any good, seems like it takes 160kg which would keep me going for a good while!!

just wondering if you can get extra pins for these things too? could do with a couple at the bottom for safety.

anyone know about this rack?

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BriskyBill View Post

just wondering if it is any good, seems like it takes 160kg which would keep me going for a good while!!

just wondering if you can get extra pins for these things too? could do with a couple at the bottom for safety.

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php

Thats the sort of thing you want, and it's only 60 quid more than the one you linked. Just need a 7ft standard barbell if you have standard plates, if you already have olympic then you're golden.

Safety and the type of rack you've linked do not go together.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) s3an87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just buy a full cage (power rack). Marcy makes crap anyways.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post

Thats the sort of thing you want, and it's only 60 quid more than the one you linked. Just need a 7ft standard barbell if you have standard plates, if you already have olympic then you're golden.

This bear repeating^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)

Short answer: no

go with what essex said.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000) BriskyBill is a complete loser! (-2000)

hi, perhaps a stupid question, but i assume its ok to pull a bench into this cage and use it for benching aswell? thanks

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Uhm......Yea!

bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi, perhaps a stupid question, but i assume its ok to pull a bench into this cage and use it for benching aswell? thanks
    You can as well as with the squat rack. Only thing is if you are benching and pushing out the last rep, and you push up and towards the rack, it can tip over. The cage will not. For just a little more get the cage, unless your dungeon prevents you from fitting one in.

hey, i am going to take you guys advice, but i now have a question about this 7ft bar business. I have a standard 5ft bar. and am wondering if its is crucial to have a 7ft bar with this cage? from what i can make out the cage is about 3.5ft wide, surely it would catch the weights ok??

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey, i am going to take you guys advice, but i now have a question about this 7ft bar business. I have a standard 5ft bar. and am wondering if its is crucial to have a 7ft bar with this cage? from what i can make out the cage is about 3.5ft wide, surely it would catch the weights ok??
    You need at least a 7 ft bar to sit on the hooks. I just measured the bar in my power rack.
    Last edited by daltrey; 05-26-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Well a five foot bar will sit on the hooks, but outside the inner collars.With my rack I can put two 10#'s plates on each side and still fit it between the uprights.

A seven footer is what you will need. They do make them that long that will take your standard weight plates though. If you have a whole lot of weight this might be worth while, if you only have 2 or 300 pounds of plates though you would be better off getting a Olympic set and saving the standards for dumbbells.

Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
    You need at least a 7 ft bar to sit on the hooks. I just measured the bar in my power rack.
    but is it absolutely necessary to have a 7ft bar? I mean I know it is recommended and the ideal size, but surely, if the bar is longer than the cage is wide then the bar will be caught by the hooks? even if the weights are inside the cage rather than outside??

I just took another look at the product description, looks like the bodymax cage is 4.2ft wide. If this is so then surely if the bar is 5ft then it will be caught by the hooks?

perhaps it is not the best amount of room for a bar, but still useable??

...or not??

If you really want to max out at about 40#'s it will work ok. But if thats your max I think you can save some cash on the whole set-up and ask the next door neighbors toddler to spot you.

Also the longer the bar the safer the rack keeps you. with less than 6 inches of play you could easily get a tad sideways and miss the bar hooks or safetys entirely.

How long would it take you to save up another 30 pounds anyways. Take a look:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...th-collars.php

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    If you really want to max out at about 40#'s it will work ok. But if thats your max I think you can save some cash on the whole set-up and ask the next door neighbors toddler to spot you.

Also the longer the bar the safer the rack keeps you. with less than 6 inches of play you could easily get a tad sideways and miss the bar hooks or safetys entirely.

How long would it take you to save up another 30 pounds anyways. Take a look:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...th-collars.php
    haha, fair enough , a good point well made. I'll get myself a 7ft bar. Just means i'll have to sell the other one!

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but is it absolutely necessary to have a 7ft bar? I mean I know it is recommended and the ideal size, but surely, if the bar is longer than the cage is wide then the bar will be caught by the hooks? even if the weights are inside the cage rather than outside??

I just took another look at the product description, looks like the bodymax cage is 4.2ft wide. If this is so then surely if the bar is 5ft then it will be caught by the hooks?

perhaps it is not the best amount of room for a bar, but still useable??

...or not??
    Here is a pic of my rack and 7' bar sitting on it

People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
    Here is a pic of my rack and 7' bar sitting on it

wow dude, thats a pretty sweet gym you got there! nifty having two barbells!! I think i'll just go for the one though, may be more of a pain for me to move pins about etc, but i guess ill cope.

Yeah 1 bar is fine, I'm lazy. I usually just leave both bars loaded.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sorry to throw in a monkey wrench, but there are 6 foot bars that will fit racks. the measurement you need to worry about is the distance between collars. the 6 footer just has shorter sleeves (ends).

i can't remember who, someone on here has a rack in their apartment with a 6 foot bar, and it sits in the rack correctly.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

^^Learn something new everyday, thanks I actually need to buy a couple of decent bars, under $200 apiece. The ones in the pic are chinese crap. I swear I have nightmares of them snapping in half during a squat.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

^^^ I have dreams of snapping a bar while squating, even a cheap chinese one

Don't exactly have to worry about it though.

dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10) dePaljas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree with others: fullrack much safer, more reliable and versatile. Keep 5ft bar for exercises outside rack, since you won't be able to load the bar when it's racked, get an extra 7ft bar, worth every penny, both bar and rack will last lifetime.

By the way, if your budget allows for it, I would really recommend going PowerTec (I have the same rack as in the pictures above, it's the best thing I bought ever), or BodySolid. These racks are a lot more robust, and will allow much higher weights, without giving in.
    Last edited by dePaljas; 05-27-2009 at 07:20 AM.

RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RicerCaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the Powertec bench that is in the above pics, is it the "Utility PUB" bench? How is it?

Originally Posted by RicerCaker View Post
    the Powertec bench that is in the above pics, is it the "Utility PUB" bench? How is it?
    Yes it's the PUB bench. I haven't had any problems with it. It's a decent bench. Though I have to say I wouldn't pay $299 for it. I got this one new several years ago for less than $200 shipped. It's solid as a brick and probably weighs 80 lbs. It also has wheels on one end so you can roll it easily. The padding and stitching is top notch too. Still as new as the day I bought it. This is their older model bench that they no longer sell. The newer design looks like a piece of junk with too many moving parts.

If it ever gets replaced it will be with this lamar ls513. Good luck finding one though.

Last edited by daltrey; 05-27-2009 at 03:13 PM.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly