batffxiramuh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Still have high GI carbs after workout while cutting?

i usually work out from 4:45-6:00ish, but rarely i have to workout 7:00-8:00, and i was wondering while cutting, if i should still have that 40g~ or so of high GI carbs in my postWO shake, during either of these times, especially around 8, since its close to bed. Or maybe i should add a carb meal after? Im on a low carb diet, so im not so sure how my insulin sensitivity is. If so, low GI (whole wheat, or something), or like a high GI meal (idk, a potato?)

For pre-workout energy i wanted to try MCT now that i have it, can someone tell me how long before i start my workout i should have around a TBSP of this, im pretty low weight, so i dont think i should be having much more than this.

Open to advice/suggestions

Thanks.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just so I don't make any assumptions as to why you are considering these options, please share with us your reasoning for using high GI carbs post workout. Convenience? Preference because you like to eat those foods? Or maybe glycogen replentishment?

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you're fine with the 40g worth of high GI carbs PWO, sounds like a typical TKD plan, the timing isn't going to be a major factor, many people will often load those carbs preWO to be able to continue HIIT after a workout and not fear catabolism
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Just so I don't make any assumptions as to why you are considering these options, please share with us your reasoning for using high GI carbs post workout. Convenience? Preference because you like to eat those foods? Or maybe glycogen replentishment?
    a lot of bulking threads always say the high GI insulin spike afterwards, will help deliver BCAAs, protein, and such to muscle

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As an endo, I never use or consume high GI carbs. It puts me into a coma damn near it, causing me to fatigue and have a ****ty work out.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The high GI carbs aren't that big of a deal pwo like I used to think.

I don't use them when cutting because I want all of my calories to count, so to speak.
    6'3"
    4/20/07 ~ 224lbs ~ 24+% BF
    7/20/07 ~ 203lbs ~ 14% BF
    9/11/07 ~ 221lbs ~ 20% BF
    12/11/07 ~ 196lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/20/08 ~ 212lbs ~ 18% BF
    4/1/08 ~ 200lbs ~ 11% BF
    7/17/08 ~ 232lbs ~ 18% BF
    11/10/08 ~ 208lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/1/09 ~ 217lbs ~ 16% BF
    7/1/09 ~ 206lbs ~ 12% BF
    7/29/10 ~ 240lbs ~ 18% BF

thanks for clearing that up, as for a post workout meal, some said a low GI like brown rice and protein, i usually just have my protein shake and whats left of my BCAAs and creatine, should i just stick to that, or different

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by batffxiramuh View Post
    thanks for clearing that up, as for a post workout meal, some said a low GI like brown rice and protein, i usually just have my protein shake and whats left of my BCAAs and creatine, should i just stick to that, or different

Real food > supplements
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    whether you feel the need for spiking your insulin and whether you need to is really the topic of another thread. Since you asked, i agree with the guy above that you should choose a food that gives you carbs period. Mix those carbs with your protein and you have post workout nutrition. That will give you micronutrients in the carbs. That is better when you are on a cut because you are restricting calories somewhat and you have less opportunity to get in your micronutrients (than if you are bulking). That is one reason it is sometiems recommended to use whole foods as carb sources rather than supplements such as dextrose and maltodextrin or WMS).

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are low in weight, then foods high in GI would be better for you and eating before bed to gain or bulk up but try to eat more protein aside from it.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..