٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Worst gym accident you've ever seen?

Holy ****, some guy at my gym this morning had a HUGE accident while going through his routine. Not sure what he was doing (I think possibly bench press), but whatever he was lifting, he either totally wasn't paying attention to what he was doing or it was WAY too heavy for him, cuz he dropped the barbell and it actually landed on his face. Lost several teeth and (according to my trainer) probably broke his jaw. I didn't actually see it happen myself, but paramedics had to be called and everything. It was unreal.

Anyone ever seen anything similar happen at their gym? I'm sure worse accidents have happened, but this was definitely the most disturbing thing I've ever seen, personally!

Registered User Whosemikesieber's Avatar
    Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whosemikesieber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow that sounds pretty intense lol. Havn't seen any notable accidents yet at my gym.

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have seen 2 different treadmill accidents.

the first was some dummy that cranked up the speed and fell down. wasn't wearing a safety clip (auto stop). he flew off the back of the treadmill but he landed and his face landed on the belt burning the skin off his right cheak.

Second, again cranked it up, and fell, but instead of letting go, held onto the handles, as the skin got torn off her shins.

And finally, i was covering a high school wrestling meet (athletic trainer), and a kid was taken down off the mat. his face hit the hardwood floor, knocking his front to teeth out. But better yet, the two teeth were actually stuck in the floor and had to be pulled out with pliers. It was disgustingly awesome

Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Someone got a weight dropped on their foot and somehow it ripped his toe nail off. And I saw it, ugh thats nasty. It was his big toe too. Oh and he WAS wearing shoes.
    Last edited by Biohazardous22; 05-22-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some1 left the squat rack stacked with 60kg each side. So a small trainer woman decided she was going to put the weights away.... Pulled off 3 20kg weights from one side of the bar.....Next thing the bar flew up in the air with the rest of the weights and twatted some guy on the forehead. The guy fell over and blood was pissing from his head. He went crazy for 5mins threatening to sue the woman while she was bawling her eyes out. Was some funny ****, like some trap on home alone.

JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    *shudders*

God damn, those treadmill stories made my eyes twitch lol.

Anyways, I found out the guy at my gym did indeed break his jaw (two places). No brain or spinal damage, luckily; but apparently he's up for jaw surgery, and will then have to have his mouth wired shut for like 8 weeks or something. Poor guy. He's like barely 21, too...

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't guess this was an accident but it was pretty nasty, at a powerlifting meet this guy tried pulling over 600 in the deadlift the bar slipped and he tore several callous off of both his hands. They were bleeding pretty bad and he had chalked up so it looked really nasty. He taped them up and finished the meet. On his next pull he was successful. I think he liked the pain!

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pluckjoe View Post
    Some1 left the squat rack stacked with 60kg each side. So a small trainer woman decided she was going to put the weights away.... Pulled off 3 20kg weights from one side of the bar.....Next thing the bar flew up in the air with the rest of the weights and twatted some guy on the forehead. The guy fell over and blood was pissing from his head. He went crazy for 5mins threatening to sue the woman while she was bawling her eyes out. Was some funny ****, like some trap on home alone.
    Haha, a woman did that in my gym when I was doing deads. I was doing romanians and I left to get a drink and I guess she thought I was done. I had 4 45lb plates on each side. She took them all off of one side, the bar went flying up and shattered a huge mirror and she just sat on the ground crying lol

TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAesthetics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    - x -

lol strong 2 year bump...
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JDkeystone View Post
    *shudders*

God damn, those treadmill stories made my eyes twitch lol.
    Indeed. I shivered, hah.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JDkeystone View Post
    Holy ****, some guy at my gym this morning had a HUGE accident while going through his routine. Not sure what he was doing (I think possibly bench press), but whatever he was lifting, he either totally wasn't paying attention to what he was doing or it was WAY too heavy for him, cuz he dropped the barbell and it actually landed on his face. Lost several teeth and (according to my trainer) probably broke his jaw. I didn't actually see it happen myself, but paramedics had to be called and everything. It was unreal.

Anyone ever seen anything similar happen at their gym? I'm sure worse accidents have happened, but this was definitely the most disturbing thing I've ever seen, personally!
    Haha, probably going hardcore with a suicide grip. That woulda hurt like hell!
    My website: http://www.posturedirect.com
    The sole purpose of creating PostureDirect.com is to help those who want to improve their posture. Come visit :)

mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrbigdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheAesthetics View Post
    shiiiizz - that could have been so much worse
    Quest to 100k

I
    REP
    BACK
    5k+

(guaranteed)(srs) - just ask
    MMMC | +92B+ |

SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMIronBreaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    GIF
    Rofl. Powerlifting/Gymnastics meet.

AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100)
    Accidents usually happen when people get over zealous and go too heavy....simple as that.

The other class of accident is based on pure stupidity....e.g. tipping barbells, dropping weights onto your own foot/other people's heads etc

Trust no one in the gym.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had a barbell at shin level (rack pulls) loaded 4 plates a side. Took of 2 a time. Usually this is okay to do but I did not realize the entire barbell was shifted over to the collar so the bar tipped... aiming straight for my face.

not sure how, but I did some matrix **** and slowly got out of the way like nothing happened.

I have not seen any crazy accidents happen at the gym. Most of the things happen to me. I have dropped a 110db on my chest when doing a dumbbell press. Also a friend spot me poorly which caused my arm to bend with 100lbs in it so the DB fell and almost hit me in the face.

lol just realized this was a 2 year bump to post a gif. Then another 7 month bump on top of that.

guys y u do this?
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    lol just realized this was a 2 year bump to post a gif. Then another 7 month bump on top of that.

guys y u do this?
    lmao what i'd like to know, too. god, this thread was made back when i was still under my old username LOL.
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not very serious but once I saw a guy doing db bench and he finished his set, stood up, and passed out face first into the dumbbell rack..
    Con-Cret log!!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139431583

vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10) vincewchan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow... it hurts reading these kind of things. I hope this never happens to any of us...

carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seen a spotter drop a 115lb DB on foot.

Broken.

Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Woww

BABYJADE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Biohazardous22 View Post
    Someone got a weight dropped on their foot and somehow it ripped his toe nail off. And I saw it, ugh thats nasty. It was his big toe too. Oh and he WAS wearing shoes.
    i saw on ******** a women doing the legpress the first rep was fine the second rep she flexed her legs which is so stupid and the weights came back on her and her knees went backwards!!!! was the worst thing my buddy and i have ever seen! i really doubt she will work out again! thats what happens when you dont know what your doing!!!! people get a trainer!

Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nothing that involves blood, but during my 8+ years in the gym i've seen 2 guys **** their backs up badly in the leg press, ofc white ****ty form (too deep) and too heavy, one of them herniated his L5-S1 and required surgery and the other actually managed to herniate 2 discs in one bad rep, didn't reuqire surgery though.
    The ironic thing in it all is that i at 2 occasions had told the second guy to stop going so deep in it since it's causing a lumbar flexion, and when the injury happened i sat 10 meters away from him and just waited for it to happen.
    I'm btw convinced that the leg press has ruined more backs over the years than squats and deadlifts, because it's so easy to do it wrong (go too deep), 8 out of 10 that i see perform it does it, even experienced guys at youtube that has been lifting for a long time and can squat and dl with a perfect form.