Midwife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excercises to reduce chubby knees

I am having a hard time localizing excericises to reduce the amount of fat of my inner side of my knees. I understand that increasing the muscles on rest of my legs will reduce the chubby look of my knees, but I can't seem to achieve the "bony" pronounced knee like fit most women I see. I do not have "tree trunk" legs, and am thin, but even my doctor agreed that there was a significant amount of fat deposit around my knees, and that it was likley heriditary. I am not satisfied w/ this answer & I am ready to do what it takes to blast this area, but need some help figuring it out. Anyone have any suggestions?

nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000)
    Repeat 100X after me:

Spot reduction of fat is not possible.

You can build up the surrounding muscle to make the leg look more toned overall. Or you can run a calorie deficit along with a lot of cardio, and burn off your fat. Or you can do both (my recommendation). Once you don't have any significant accumulation of fat anywhere on your body, you won't have a significant accumulation of fat on your knees. That's the only way.

-Andrew

dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nerd power got it right. Theres no spot reducing. Theres no knee blasting. There is just overall fat loss. And my guess is if you have genetically fat knees, they will be the last parts to give up the fat, so you might get stuck with them forever, unless you cut to a ridiculous level.

Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nerd_power View Post
    Repeat 100X after me:

You can build up the surrounding muscle to make the leg look more toned overall. Or you can run a calorie deficit along with a lot of cardio, and burn off your fat. Or you can do both (my recommendation). Once you don't have any significant accumulation of fat anywhere on your body, you won't have a significant accumulation of fat on your knees. That's the only way.

-Andrew
    ^ He speaks the truth.

The only possible way to spot reduce fat is through surgery.

michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000) michael3435 is just really nice. (+1000)
    do lots of cardio and running and eat less. your knees will be "normal" once you cut a little more fat as said above. you dont need to cut a ridiculous amount, but the more the better.

bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000) bonvec01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Buy 2 of those electric ab belts you see on infomercials and wear them around your knees.
    New life in place of old life
    Unscarred by trials
    A new level of CONFIDENCE and POWER

RTS log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136314231

Sheiko log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133108803

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    time, but the nerd is right.

Thank you, you're spot on! I just need up the anty! Had 2 surgeries this year, & have to get back on track, less fat, more protein.

imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50) imTKain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Repeat 100X after me:

-Andrew

We should start a cult.

So, how many calories per day do you recommend? Just curious. I am 38, 5'6 124-127 lbs. pretty strong, my training is not what it was due to 2 surgeries, but I intend to get back on track to training 4-5 times weekly rather than 2 times. I do not want to starve, loose fat & gain it back, OR reduce the calories so much that my body freaks & holds the fat to burn protein for fuel. I see this a lot w/ women. I am new to this site, so forgive me if I should just read elsewhere rather than posting. Just needing some support & a good PUSH!

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    So, how many calories per day do you recommend? Just curious. I am 38, 5'6 124-127 lbs. pretty strong, my training is not what it was due to 2 surgeries, but I intend to get back on track to training 4-5 times weekly rather than 2 times. I do not want to starve, loose fat & gain it back, OR reduce the calories so much that my body freaks & holds the fat to burn protein for fuel. I see this a lot w/ women. I am new to this site, so forgive me if I should just read elsewhere rather than posting. Just needing some support & a good PUSH!
    According to your body stats in your profile you sound like your already look'n good. you may just need to tone more.

I tell my ladies friends that breathing heavy during cardio won't tone your body, you need to move weights. Try doing higher rep volume movements.

you diet? well what are you eating? no fast food. If it has corn starch in it your not allowed to touch it. Its the time of the season if your able to grill chicken outside then go for it. you can supplement some of your meals with a meal replacement.

i like the quaker oats with whole mike and universals real gains for breakfast
    dinner is normally grilled chicken or shirmp.

friuts or veggies for snacks

its really not that tough, you have to want it in order to do it.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    As above, but to deal with your problem...

You could work the adductors more. This would firm the area by having muscle pressing underneath the fat you're storing there.

While this would 'firm' the area it would also make it bigger though, so it's up to you whether or not you want that.

Lose enough fat and it will eventually come off there.

nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    1500 or so. This would (theoretically) maintain your current weight if you didn't exercise or work out. But you have more muscle mass than the average 125-lb. woman, and so you would actually require a little more than this to maintain weight. And you'll be working out and burning extra calories most days. This should come out to something like a 500 calorie daily deficit (obviously depending on exactly how much you exercise), which should cause you to lose 1 lb. a week. At 125 lbs. to start with, it shouldn't take very many weeks for this to start being really noticeable.

Because your maintenance calories are very low (you're not a large person), you have a slimmer margin of error than someone like me (I lose weight eating 2300 calories a day). You need to make sure you're consistent, because you can't run a very large deficit because that would be too low an overall calorie intake. So you need to be attentive, and run a small but consistent deficit. 500 a day below what you burn is a good target to aim for; your metabolism shouldn't go into shut-down mode, and your weight loss should be sustainable.

-Andrew

1500 or so. This would (theoretically) maintain your current weight if you didn't exercise or work out. But you have more muscle mass than the average 125-lb. woman, and so you would actually require a little more than this to maintain weight. And you'll be working out and burning extra calories most days. This should come out to something like a 500 calorie daily deficit (obviously depending on exactly how much you exercise), which should cause you to lose 1 lb. a week. At 125 lbs. to start with, it shouldn't take very many weeks for this to start being really noticeable.

Because your maintenance calories are very low (you're not a large person), you have a slimmer margin of error than someone like me (I lose weight eating 2300 calories a day). You need to make sure you're consistent, because you can't run a very large deficit because that would be too low an overall calorie intake. So you need to be attentive, and run a small but consistent deficit. 500 a day below what you burn is a good target to aim for; your metabolism shouldn't go into shut-down mode, and your weight loss should be sustainable.

-Andrew
    Thank you Andrew, this is very helpful. I am counting my calories & am increasing my resistance & weight training. Thansk for the info & motivation.

M