noodledog has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Overtrained, stressed or depressed?

Guys,

I need some constructive, objective input on this if you can please...it seems my body/metabolism has rebelled against me and I no longer have answers. Apologies for the longish post:

2016 my fitness program was progressing nicely in line with goals/motivation - I was stepping up the weights through the year and my all round fitness was good.

Winter 2016 Got ill with really bad colds/flu 3 times in 2-3 months (worked in germ-fest office) - off work sick and away from the gym; this killed progress.

2017 Forced to move house, major death in close family, started new job for a bunch of ***ts

April 2017 Gym routine becoming 'patchy' I was no longer able to maintain 70-80% of my 2016 output during workouts

June 2017 Lost new job (sacked by email). Tried to restart gym routine, felt depressed and tired after workouts, recovery taking 4-5 days, so in the end I jacked it in as it felt my body was breaking down. I was gutted!

Spent the next few months feeling flat energy wise and kicking my GP’s door down, getting loads of bloods, FBC, full thyroid panel, serum cortisol, total test, prolactin (all normal), but felt like boiled turd. Got a private saliva test for 24 hr cortisol profile, which came back way too low - GP's uninterested.

August 2017 I was now losing quad and glute mass - solid muscle I've had for a good 10-15 years without wavering.

November 2017 Attempted to go back to the gym, was doing decline chest DBs - dropped them to the floor, but I was still in contact and felt a judder/shudder in my neck and skull. Felt like mini concussion as have had this before and have been symptomatic since, but now improving after 3mths. I've been treated for stress/anxiety/depression since then, I'm convinced its physical/post concussion/hormonal.

Jan 2018 LH, FSH, SHBG and Total T tested the other week, all high-normal apart from SHBG of 60.9!

Other factors - not varying my routine, upper body only and resting on my laurels of having good legs, consistently chasing ‘lean’ with calories at 2000-2400 most days. I also neglected any de-loads, just hammered away on pre-workouts citrulline malate, l-carnitine, bcaa’s glutamine.

Possible causes I've either over-trained myself due to all the above, including calorie deficit and having major aggro in 2017, Or its hormonal - SHBG killing free T and/or, raised E2

I've lost motivation/confidence to get back in there because it feels like my body/metabolism is in the toilet, which needs addressing and I won't be able to gain anyway.
    Training since 2002
    175cm
    85kg
    BF 18%