Thread: Photo Shoot

MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Photo Shoot

So I am doing a photo shoot in two weeks and am just wondering if anyone has any advice for me, seeing that it is my first shoot ever! I am not very nervous about it or anything, but want to look my absolute best for it. Currently I am eating clean and working out/lifting 6 days per week.

My diet includes the following
    Pre workout: 1/2 scoop protein
    Breakfast: 1/3 cup oatmeal w 1 scoop protein powder
    Snack: 1 rice cake or 1 cup egg whites
    Lunch: lean protein, salad with spray dressing, and 1/3 cup oatmeal
    Snack: 1 scoop protein shake
    Dinner: lean protien, salad or spinach
    Before Bed: 1 scoop protein shake

Just wondering if i should make any changes to my diet, up cardio etc...any help would be appreciated.

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Talk about starvation... that's what? 800 calories? Very low carb and almost no fat whatsoever. Not good.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hmmmm thats the diet that my trainer put me on...

Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    Talk about starvation... that's what? 800 calories? Very low carb and almost no fat whatsoever. Not good.

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sparklinpunk379 View Post
    hmmmm thats the diet that my trainer put me on...
    Well what I see is less than 100 grams of protein, 50-60 grams of carbs and about 10 grams of fat.

No offense but your trainer has no idea what he/she is doing if they think such a diet is adequate.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

ok, so what do you suggest??

Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    Well what I see is less than 100 grams of protein, 50-60 grams of carbs and about 10 grams of fat.

No offense but your trainer has no idea what he/she is doing if they think such a diet is adequate.

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    My GF is 5'0" 97.4lbs and I have her eating 1800/1600 workout/non. Shes down from 105lbs. I think at 115lbs BW you should def be eating more cals. You need more healthy fats in your diet. EFA's, EVOO, nuts,fish, PB, avocado, get something in there.
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would try to get at least 25-30g of mostly healthy fats. I would also look for a trainer that doesn't promote starving yourself.
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    I would also look for a trainer that doesn't promote starving yourself.
    Agreed - fire that guy, he's doing you no good with this meal plan. Sounds as though he needs to learn the difference between dieting and absolute starvation. Total calories should probably be around 50% higher than where you are at, if not more. Get some good fats in there, and if your energy is suffering, consider trading out some of your protein for carbs.
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*