Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)

SS Workout or switch programs?? Reps for good answers!!

Ok so basically a run down of my situation is:
    I am an Asian male 5"8' (173 cm) currently weighing 57 kg (125lbs around). I've been going to the gym for about 2-3 years now with **** all gains basically because i was sort of scared of gaining weight so i could never get stronger.

Anywayz with that behind me since feburary this year I tried to properly 'bulk up' and so it was here that I actually gained weight from 52 kg to 57 kg. Basically I followed Rippetoe's SS program outlined by my friend. The thing was when i finally got around to reading it i realised his version was not as correct as it should be - like form wise. Anywayz i ended up joining my uni gym and tried to reset my exercises and all but i don't know...probably because I keep throwing my 2 cents in the program i haven't been making any gains anymore. Sort of stuck in my lifts.

I'll be truthful about it- basically i was a past anorexic (still overcoming it) and so I had issues with putting on weight so i did **** loads of cardio and because i wanted a 6 pack heaps of ab exercises. Basically now i guess i still do quite a fair bit of cardio: gentle walk bout 1 hr or more a day. And i like doing heaps of ab exercises, used to add up to about 30 min a day.

So basically I think if i wanted to make fking gains i'm going to have to stop altering the program. Now I don't know because I've been on the program technically for like 3-4 months would it be good if i just restarted the whole program all over. Or would it be useless because my body is already adapted. Or would i just get fat and lose even more of my minimal gains because i'm no longer stressing my muscles??

So the key questions are:
    1) Should i restart SS program??
    2) Should i switch programs""
    3) Is it ok to do cardio on off days for me""
    4) How much should i eat??
    5) SHould i drop all accessory exercises now (probs won't drop abs cos i want em too much)??

Reps for helpful answers.

echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    Ok so basically a run down of my situation is:
    I am an Asian male 5"8' (173 cm) currently weighing 57 kg (125lbs around). I've been going to the gym for about 2-3 years now with **** all gains basically because i was sort of scared of gaining weight so i could never get stronger.

Anywayz with that behind me since feburary this year I tried to properly 'bulk up' and so it was here that I actually gained weight from 52 kg to 57 kg. Basically I followed Rippetoe's SS program outlined by my friend. The thing was when i finally got around to reading it i realised his version was not as correct as it should be - like form wise. Anywayz i ended up joining my uni gym and tried to reset my exercises and all but i don't know...probably because I keep throwing my 2 cents in the program i haven't been making any gains anymore. Sort of stuck in my lifts.

I'll be truthful about it- basically i was a past anorexic (still overcoming it) and so I had issues with putting on weight so i did **** loads of cardio and because i wanted a 6 pack heaps of ab exercises. Basically now i guess i still do quite a fair bit of cardio: gentle walk bout 1 hr or more a day. And i like doing heaps of ab exercises, used to add up to about 30 min a day.

So basically I think if i wanted to make fking gains i'm going to have to stop altering the program. Now I don't know because I've been on the program technically for like 3-4 months would it be good if i just restarted the whole program all over. Or would it be useless because my body is already adapted. Or would i just get fat and lose even more of my minimal gains because i'm no longer stressing my muscles??

So the key questions are:
    1) Should i restart SS program??
    2) Should i switch programs""
    3) Is it ok to do cardio on off days for me""
    4) How much should i eat??
    5) SHould i drop all accessory exercises now (probs won't drop abs cos i want em too much)??

Reps for helpful answers.

alright, if you wish to increase gains, count your macros. Carb intake should be from 1 - 1.5 grams per body weight. Protein intake should be 1.5-2 grams per body weight, and fat grams should be from .5 - 1 gram per body weight.

Now, the diet coupled with a good lifting regimen should maximize your gains.

Hmm, deadlift, bench press, pull up, squat, a few weighted ab exercises.

try for 30min - 70min of weight training, and on off days try for 20 min cardio.

Hope this helps.
    Awesome Traderz List:

soundcheck129
    TheStiffmeister

MP's COMBAT Powder Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117408321

Bodyforge/Cryoshock Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=116681081

Herbal Incense Guide
    www.herbalincenseguide.com

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, do Starting Strength the right way.

Forget figuring out macros, and exact numbers of calories you should be eating. At 5'8" and 125 lbs you're a twig. Eat anything that can't get out of your way.

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    But i want to build up lean body mass as much as possible so should i stick to only gaining like 5 lbs a wk give or take a few lbs. I heard any more and its usually juz fat, especially since its in my genes to not be big, strong and bulky so i'll probs put on muscle really slowly. Still looking for helpful answers. Reps to u 2 for helping me out.

RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobNoz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But i want to build up lean body mass as much as possible so should i stick to only gaining like 5 lbs a wk give or take a few lbs. I heard any more and its usually juz fat, especially since its in my genes to not be big, strong and bulky so i'll probs put on muscle really slowly. Still looking for helpful answers. Reps to u 2 for helping me out.
    5 lbs a week is quite good gains tbh - a fair bit of that will be fat.

But you're 125 lbs, and according to your profile you're not especially strong. Don't worry about getting fat - that's not your problem at the moment. Your problem at the moment is that you're small and weak. Eat lots and do SS - you'll look and feel a lot better for it.
    Last edited by RobNoz1; 05-19-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks so I'm going to be starting my program again tomorrow. I'll try and post a workout jounral hope u guys follow my progress. Any opinions/ideas still appreciated.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any opinions/ideas still appreciated.
    Do the program as written, eat like you're getting paid to do it, give a full and honest effort every workout, and anticipate great results but don't expect them overnight. Give this program a good run and you'll lay down a great strength base for anything you want to do with barbells in the future.