Registered User Everybody_Poops's Avatar
    Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Correct way to do lunges

I know there are BB and DB lunges, but what I want to know is if more people stay stationary or if they basically walk forward. My workout partner tells me that taking a step forward each rep instead of staying in one spot is better. That if you lunge forward then come back you're not hitting the muscle correctly. Saying that if you step forward on the front leg it's better because it hits the hamstring more.

So whats correct?

Are they better stationary or taking forward steps.

I tried to say that what I always read is that you stay stationary, and that it felt like coming back on the back leg hit the quad on the back leg. But my friend says it's all supposed to be in the front leg so taking a step forward and doing a sort of one leg squat is better.

If one way is better please explain because if it turns out that stationary is better I need some way to explain why it's better, because even my own common sense says that stepping forward and moving forward works the quads more than lunging then stepping backward.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i take a big step forward when i do them. do them to the side and rear as well.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

Registered User Everybody_Poops's Avatar
    Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Everybody_Poops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnderriLLL View Post
    i take a big step forward when i do them. do them to the side and rear as well.
    Yea so like if you do 5 on each leg then you basically walk across the room.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Either way is "correct." Use whichever method you prefer.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    neither is better.. they're just different... and they both hit your legs a bit differently... I say you should pick one and do it for a while, then switch when you feel like it's getting easy.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.