Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For the first time in the last month, I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope on dieting. Just feeling mentally and physically exhausted and worn out.

Really hit me hard today. I feel like I just want to run into a dark deep hole and fall forever.

It's not that I want to quit my diet or cheat on my nutrition. In fact, the thought of greasy pizza or cheeseburgers makes me ill to think about to be honest.

I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. Don't know what else to keep my fire going.

Guess my best bet is to just get through today and see how I feel tomorrow.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    For the first time in the last month, I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope on dieting. Just feeling mentally and physically exhausted and worn out.

Really hit me hard today. I feel like I just want to run into a dark deep hole and fall forever.

It's not that I want to quit my diet or cheat on my nutrition. In fact, the thought of greasy pizza or cheeseburgers makes me ill to think about to be honest.

I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. Don't know what else to keep my fire going.

Have you considered a diet break?

hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I felt the same way, that is why I decided to end RFL a week early. 1 high carb high calorie day and you will see the world differently. Congrats on hitting your milestone, your log is very insperational.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cnh57811 View Post
    Have you considered a diet break?
    Yeah I have. I'd like to finish this week and next on RFL and then take the week of Thanksgiving and the week before Thanksgiving as my two week diet break before cutting hard again before Christmas.

That's how my plan will go in a perfect world and all I can do is go one day at a time and make it happen.

Originally Posted by hedrickbl View Post
    I felt the same way, that is why I decided to end RFL a week early. 1 high carb high calorie day and you will see the world differently. Congrats on hitting your milestone, your log is very insperational.
    Thanks for following my log. Still got a ways to go but hitting mini goals along the way feels good as well.

I like the results I'm getting on RFL. Honestly, it's the only reason I think I've stuck it out as long as I have now.

Eleven more days and I'll start my diet break. I think that's the next big step I need to take at this point.

Week 4 Day 3 (RFL)

Felt better after getting some food in me thankfully.

Still not entirely sure about how I feel overall, but I think I just need a good night's rest and start over fresh tomorrow.

Going to hit the weights hard tomorrow.

One thing I can say for sure is that I always feel better on the days that I workout, especially when I do heavy lifting.

Something about lifting heavy weights just seems to put me in a better mood for the day.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Until tomorrow, peace out all.

Meal 1
    8 Ounces Chicken Breast
    2 Cups Mixed Salad Greens
    2 Ounces Fat Free Cheese
    1 Large Roma Tomato

Meal 2
    8 Ounces Chicken Breast
    2 Cups Mixed Peppers and Onions
    2 Ounces Fat Free Cheese
    2 Tablespoons Fat Free Sour Cream

Meal 3
    1 Scoop Whey Protein
    1 Scoop Casein Protein
    1 Tablespoon flaxmeal

Total Protein: 200 Grams

Week 4 Day 4 (FREE MEAL) (RFL)

So yeah, today was my free meal, or last night. Man, I ****ed that up royally. First time I've eaten excessively in quite a long time.

Ended up destroying an entire large Hot N Ready from Little Caesar's and 3 Reese's Candy Bars.

Don't know what happened, had a bad day yesterday and the evening just kind of spiraled out of control.

I'm in a better spot today, little annoyed with myself from last night, but it's in the past and nothing I can do about it now.

Didn't even enjoy it much to be honest. I just felt out of control for a little while. Hate having to fight these demons from my past.

I know they'll never go away and as time goes on, they get easier to deal with, but they're a constant reminder of who I used to be and why I never want to turn into that guy from my past again.

Doesn't mean I didn't wish there was some way for me just to banish them from my mind and thoughts forever.

Meal 1
    8 Ounces Flank Stead
    1.5 Cups Mixed Onions and Peppers

Meal 2
    8 Ounces Flank Stead
    1.5 Cups Mixed Onions and Peppers

Meal 3 (LOL)
    1 Large Hot N Ready Pepperoni Pizza
    3 Large Reese's Candy Bars

Total Protein: ?? Grams

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is a bit different having to loose as much weight as we have to. It is a much longer journey than many of the "cutting" attempts we see here on the forum - even though the principles of fat and weight loss is the same. It has taken me over 2 years to loose 113 pounds - and I still need to loose some bodyfat. More than anything - I want to be able to maintain my weight loss - I do not want to regain again. I know the mental aspects of loosing this much weight - require a diet that is sustainable. I usually loose about 10 pounds then plateau for some weeks - and then I go at it again. Be kind to yourself - having one crazy night - were we eat too much should not make us feel that bad - when we eat right 90 percent of the time. Sometimes our all or nothing mentality - is counterproductive.

BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hope you're doing ok!!!!
    View my story of becoming "Female Transformation of the Week" at: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/operation-dream-barbie-is-a-success.html

Originally Posted by BellaValerina View Post
    Hope you're doing ok!!!!
    Doing good so far.

Just got tired of logging everyday to be honest. That's about it really.

Still holding about the same weight so far. Not a lot has changed.

Hoping to maybe get down to 195-196 this week.

Not so concerned about the number anymore. Focused more on my lifting and getting stronger while getting leaner.

Down to 196.4 as of today.

Not really concerned about my weight loss anymore but it's still fun to watch the scale continue to drop.

Finishing up my last week of RFL and then moving into maintenance mode for two weeks starting next Monday.

Did heavy deadlifts yesterday and feeling so sore and beaten up today.

Still happy to have most of my strength after cutting all this weight as I did when I was much heavier.

Pulled 275 for 10 and 335 for 5 on my last two sets. Pretty happy with that.

BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000) BellaValerina is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're under 200lbs!!!!! Congrats. Just maintain now
    View my story of becoming "Female Transformation of the Week" at: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/operation-dream-barbie-is-a-success.html

Yup, took long enough, but it finally happened.

Guess if you stick with it long enough, your goals do come true.

I still got a fair bit of fat to lose, but I'm finally in the mindset where I'm not focused exclusively on my weight anymore.

I'm more focused on how lean I'm getting and how strong I'm getting at the gym.

If the scale continues to drop, great. If it slows down or stops for a week, no big deal.

The one thing I am adamant about is that I'm not going to let myself get back over 200 pounds ever again.

Still keeping my protein at about 200 grams per day, but it sure felt good to eat some carbs and fat again today!

Going to be lifting harder and heavier at the gym this week. Not going to add cardio in yet but if my results start to slow down, I'll re-evaluate and go from there.

Cracked last night and ended up eating way too much candy and a frozen pizza.

Pretty pissed off at myself right now.

Going to do some extra intervals tonight to try and make back some progress. Other than that, all other macros accounted for.

Feeling bloated and mad at myself today.

Doing squats tomorrow. Gonna wreck myself tomorrow.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)

Pretty pissed off at myself right now.

Going to do some extra intervals tonight to try and make back some progress. Other than that, all other macros accounted for.

Feeling bloated and mad at myself today.

Doing squats tomorrow. Gonna wreck myself tomorrow.
    don't feel bloated and mad. you are pretty much at your goal and are allowed to live life a little...

I know, but I hate feeling like I'm not always in control of myself and actions.

Doesn't matter how lean I get, always going to have to fight my demons from the past for as long as I live.

Living to me right now is getting lean, strong, and ripped.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is common when you do some form of extreme dieting. You'll make up for lost time. There's a reason I suggest that people take it slow and not put themselves through too much hell in a rush to reach a goal.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

I agree. Live life and enjoy maintaining

I think you would really enjoy weight watchers for men. I'm doing the Points Plus system and its amazing especially if you have a smart phone. You won't regret joining.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    This is common when you do some form of extreme dieting. You'll make up for lost time. There's a reason I suggest that people take it slow and not put themselves through too much hell in a rush to reach a goal.
    I agree with a few of your points but I'd rather get to my goal sooner rather than later and then refocus my efforts on other parts of my life.

Then again, maybe I'm just a sucker for making myself miserable.

I think you would really enjoy weight watchers for men. I'm doing the Points Plus system and its amazing especially if you have a smart phone. You won't regret joining.
    I will have to consider it. Maybe I'll start it after the New Year's if I find I can't maintain what I've accomplished so far.

How's it working for you so far? Hope all is going well for you.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any updates man? How's it goin

I lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and maintained it. I had cancer again so I had surgery on Jan 3. Just got the go ahead to be active so I'm back on the weight loss train. Had to give up my training aspirations with my health problems but still fit and very happy!

I lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and maintained it. I had cancer again so I had surgery on Jan 3. Just got the go ahead to be active so I'm back on the weight loss train. Had to give up my training aspirations with my health problems but still fit and very happy!
    Glad you had the loss and maintained it. As we both know, that's the hardest part of losing fat. Not the losing it, but maintaining the loss.

So sorry your health issues came back and that you had to withdraw from your figure pursuits. I'm sure you'll be up and running again at it in no time at all.

Keep going and stay strong no matter what! Good to see you back on the path again.

I'm back down to my all time low of 196-197 again. Hoping to take it a step further this month and drop another 4-5 pounds by the end of the month and set a new personal record for myself.

It's getting tougher as my weight drops and I get leaner. Having to work harder for the same results as I did 20 pounds ago.

Not giving up though. Won't ever give up on this, no matter what.

Don't be a stranger!

Glad you had the loss and maintained it. As we both know, that's the hardest part of losing fat. Not the losing it, but maintaining the loss.

So sorry your health issues came back and that you had to withdraw from your figure pursuits. I'm sure you'll be up and running again at it in no time at all.

Keep going and stay strong no matter what! Good to see you back on the path again.

I'm back down to my all time low of 196-197 again. Hoping to take it a step further this month and drop another 4-5 pounds by the end of the month and set a new personal record for myself.

It's getting tougher as my weight drops and I get leaner. Having to work harder for the same results as I did 20 pounds ago.

Not giving up though. Won't ever give up on this, no matter what.

Don't be a stranger!
    good to hear that you're back on track. how much more do you think you have to lose to get to ~10%? having any problems with loose skin? I'm already thinking im going to have loose skin problems due to some stretch marks i collected along the way.

Originally Posted by fatinNYC View Post
    good to hear that you're back on track. how much more do you think you have to lose to get to ~10%? having any problems with loose skin? I'm already thinking im going to have loose skin problems due to some stretch marks i collected along the way.
    Just trying to stay consistent one day at a time.

Realistically, I think I'll need to get down to between 175 to 180 to be a legitimate 10% with abs and everything. Just my guess.

Since I've never been down there before, I can't say for sure. But my weight prediction is just based off what other guys my size are when they get lean.

For all I know, I might have to go lower. At this point, it's too hard to say.

I know for certain, my lower ab skin will never fully tighten up to look like say, how the guy's look on the cover of fitness magazines.

I don't know how loose it will actually be until I've given time for my body to recover and I've actually lost all my fat, but after losing probably 120+ pounds by the time I get down to where I finally want to be, having some loose skin is going to be inevitable.

Even with heavy weight training for years and filling my body out with muscle, the skin can only bounce back so much, especially for as many years as I've been obese.

Again, at this point, I'm not going to say for certain one way or the other since I'm not there yet.

These are just my theories based on educated guesses and the results of many other people who have come from similar places as myself.

For all I know, I could have heaps of loose skin (I sure hope not) or I might have none at all. Just too hard to say until I get there.

Probably going to reviving this log here in about a week and a half once the week of Valentine's Day is over and starting in with some updated progress photos.

Most likely going to be doing another round of PSMF starting on the 18th, but I'll have to see where I'm at by that point.

Really happy with where I'm at right now and the progress I've been making the last month.

Still have a ways to go before I get to where I want to be but I'm closer now than I've ever been in my entire life.