sirocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

About me -- need guidance / workout plan!

I have been a big kid my whole life -- from literally when I was born. 2 years ago I weighed 330 pounds -- pure fat -- now I weight 225. I have packed on a good amount of muscle...but I still feel like a cow..

i feel ive put on the muscle i just cant get rid of the rest of this weight...and i know i have a good body behind all of the fat -- any suggestions on bringing it out? ive been taking a lot of supplements and own a bowflex I just feel I have no direction when I go into the gym. I just do 2 sets of traditional excercises and run once in a blue moon.

pics:

Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zeake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lots of HIIT cardio.
    Do some 100 yard sprints. 10 a day for a month and see what happens.
    A caloric deficit will help also, and may be the most important part. Great transformation. Keep going.

Lurrch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you want to lose weight why do you have a picture of a weight gainer ?

Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, first of all, chill on the supplements a little & make your workouts / cardio intense.

For supplements try:
    BSN's Atro Phex (1 pill, twice a day)
    ON's Whey protien ~ first thing in the AM, pre & post workout
    ON's Casein ~ right before bed

And keep your diet low in fat, and read what you eat. For every 5 grams of protien you take in, limit your carbs to 1 gram.

For a workout, this sounds crazy, but I promise you it will help burn up fat:

Mon, Tues, Thurs & Friday
    Full body workout, 1 set of 100 reps
    Start each workout with a 10 minute jog, and finish each workout with another 15 minute run. I would suggest keeping a log with you so you know what weights to use, when you can perform an excercise for 100 reps without stopping, increase the weight.

The object here is to burn calories. After 5 weeks of this routine, add more exercises. For example, if your workouts include DB bench presses, after 5 weeks add in incline DB bench presses, and so on.

Try this for a 2 months, then go back to a 'normal' routine.

Good luck and keep me posted if you try this!

thanks for your help -- the pro complex gainer was for when I had to work late and needed a meal-to-go basically. i really appreciate your replies and it looks like im going to be running my ass off. i will update you with my progress.

the reason I was trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is just the fear of losing the muscle
    Last edited by sirocco; 05-17-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Originally Posted by Michael_c View Post
    Dude, first of all, chill on the supplements a little & make your workouts / cardio intense.

For supplements try:
    BSN's Atro Phex (1 pill, twice a day)
    ON's Whey protien ~ first thing in the AM, pre & post workout
    ON's Casein ~ right before bed

And keep your diet low in fat, and read what you eat. For every 5 grams of protien you take in, limit your carbs to 1 gram.

For a workout, this sounds crazy, but I promise you it will help burn up fat:

Mon, Tues, Thurs & Friday
    Full body workout, 1 set of 100 reps
    Start each workout with a 10 minute jog, and finish each workout with another 15 minute run. I would suggest keeping a log with you so you know what weights to use, when you can perform an excercise for 100 reps without stopping, increase the weight.

The object here is to burn calories. After 5 weeks of this routine, add more exercises. For example, if your workouts include DB bench presses, after 5 weeks add in incline DB bench presses, and so on.

Try this for a 2 months, then go back to a 'normal' routine.

Good luck and keep me posted if you try this!
    would the fruit blast protein pictures work ok? I have a large amount of muscle milk rtd as far as casein goes, i take those before bed sometimes.. checking out that bsn supplement now.

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    look, keep the the weights heavy and basic do 2-3 fullbody routines a week

for diet do this
    4-6 meals a day
    eat 500 calories below maintenence
    eat at least 1 gram of protein/ per pound of bodyweight
    drink only water and protein shakes

supplement
    take a multi
    use a whey and or casein protein powder
    and after a few weeks add in a good fatburner

cardio
    do 5x a week first thing in the morning
    also do a session after each workout
    alternate 20-30min of HIIT with 45min-1hr of liss. always do hiit after workouts
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
    look, keep the the weights heavy and basic do 2-3 fullbody routines a week

for diet do this
    4-6 meals a day
    eat 500 calories below maintenence
    eat at least 1 gram of protein/ per pound of bodyweight
    drink only water and protein shakes

supplement
    take a multi
    use a whey and or casein protein powder
    and after a few weeks add in a good fatburner

cardio
    do 5x a week first thing in the morning
    also do a session after each workout
    alternate 20-30min of HIIT with 45min-1hr of liss. always do hiit after workouts
    this seems to be what ive been doing MINUS the hiit,liss, and staying 500 under maintinence. I will have to bring those in it seems

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sirocco View Post
    this seems to be what ive been doing MINUS the hiit,liss, and staying 500 under maintinence. I will have to bring those in it seems
    yes, cardio and diet is the biggest part to weight loss
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    on off workout days I would also do some form of activity such as bike riding, swimming, jogging, shooting hoops, skipping.... what ever you are into you need to burn calories on those days as well... as for your workout I like the idea of the 100 reps on a full body that was suggested, really keep a diary of your food intake as well, this will help you know whats going in and what you need to change, as far as supplements stick with the basics for now a simple whey a Cassein and a the animal pack vitamins you are doing are good
    "Prepare your body and your soul for a session of mass destruction. it will be no mercy and no pity for the weak or unprepared.Only the strong will survive." Richie Irish
    "Be the change you want to see in the world"Ghandi

Originally Posted by ninjinja View Post
    on off workout days I would also do some form of activity such as bike riding, swimming, jogging, shooting hoops, skipping.... what ever you are into you need to burn calories on those days as well... as for your workout I like the idea of the 100 reps on a full body that was suggested, really keep a diary of your food intake as well, this will help you know whats going in and what you need to change, as far as supplements stick with the basics for now a simple whey a Cassein and a the animal pack vitamins you are doing are good
    thanks for the additional info -- thats PUMP, not pak -- they are for pre-workout. i am not too sure if I should still ake them, however I just ordered CL's orange triad and will switch to that as my daily.

hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardgainer786 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Follow the three guidelines as mentioned in the Sticky post on "Lose Fat" section:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113693871
    "AFGHAN POWER" :)

Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Michael_c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sirocco View Post
    would the fruit blast protein pictures work ok? I have a large amount of muscle milk rtd as far as casein goes, i take those before bed sometimes.. checking out that bsn supplement now.

I loved muscle milk, but it tends to have a high fat content. ON's Casien is a sure bet I think, along with their Whey.

Just save those supplements you have, you can always use them at a later time.