Bulking towards fatdom bouncingpuka's Avatar
    bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50)

pull-up bar in your home?

Hi Ladies,

Did any of you 'install' a pull up bar in your homes, and how did you do it? Where can I buy one from? Actually, scrap that last question ,because I live in Milan and I don't know how you guys would be able to tell me where in Milan to go and buy a pull up bar, lol....maybe a fitness sotre might have them, but I seriously doubt it. Everything is pretty limited here compared to the US. I live in a pretty small apartment, and am not sure how to go about installing a bar. I really want one so I can start doing some serious work towards being able to do pull ups and window washers for abs, lol, and was thinking it would be really helpful to have one of my ownso I can just hop on when I feel like it. My gym doesn't even have one, sad, I know.

TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have this
    http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index....ROD&ProdID=195

doesn't have to be installed w/ screws or anything u just kinda throw it up and it holds onto your door frame

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have one of those. They are great!
    If it's to be it's up to me....

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennoskcaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was thinking about getting one of these as well. Just one concern I have though... does it leave marks on your doorway or ceiling at all? My dh is about 200 lbs., so I'm worried that if he used it, there'd be some damage to the doorway.

TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hasn't left any marks on my doorway and it says it can hold up to 300lbs so i think it'd be fine

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My husband made this one for me and we bolted it to the joists in the garage.
    Attached Images

bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That bar looks really ideal, but the thing is my door frames are made of cardboard, so to speak, and I don't think they would resist....I have to see if I can change my door frame to hold the bar....thanks for all your replies! I wish I had a garage to botl bars to, lol.....maybe I'll ask in the next condo meeting, lol...."Hey, can I stick a bar at the main entrance gate? It.s for...um.....lanscaping......"

hmm idk a/b cardboard door frames....

does ur gym have a smith machine? if u put the bar up high enough and put the locks on it u can do pull ups on it.

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They have some that mount inside the door frame.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LKPoswOHoOXvAg

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was hesitant to install a pull up bar on any of our doorframes but I also didn't want it in the garage. So, my husband installed it in the basement on the joists of the floor overhead. Would this work for you?
    The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

ACE-Certified
    www.catalyst4fitness.com
    twitter@catalyst4fitnes
    www.companies.to/catalyst4fitness/
    online fitness and nutrition coaching, boot camps, and traditional training

Originally Posted by sha11 View Post
    I was hesitant to install a pull up bar on any of our doorframes but I also didn't want it in the garage. So, my husband installed it in the basement on the joists of the floor overhead. Would this work for you?
    it would work , sigh, but I don't have a basement, lol

Originally Posted by TinaBee View Post
    hmm idk a/b cardboard door frames....

does ur gym have a smith machine? if u put the bar up high enough and put the locks on it u can do pull ups on it.
    Yup, I do have a smith machine at the gym and I could probably start using it to do pull ups, but I really wanted one in my house so I could look like an idiot in privacy.....so I could then look like LESS of an idiot in the gym. Honestly, I don't really care what other people think, but having one at home just really rocks imo

Originally Posted by CATRACCOM View Post
    They have some that mount inside the door frame.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LKPoswOHoOXvAg
    hey.....this could maybe possibly work.....still dunno about the frame though....thanks for all your input ladies!!!!

Queen of F'ing Everything JustaGirl78's Avatar
    JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TinaBee View Post
    I have this
    http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index....ROD&ProdID=195

doesn't have to be installed w/ screws or anything u just kinda throw it up and it holds onto your door frame
    Thank you! I ordered one of these last night

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have this one and love it! Doesn't leave a mark on my door.

http://www.getirongym.com/Default.as...doGdprw&bhcp=1
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    I have this one and love it! Doesn't leave a mark on my door.

I really might just ask permission to change my bedroom door frame...this thingie looks fantastic.....

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bouncingpuka View Post
    I really might just ask permission to change my bedroom door frame...this thingie looks fantastic.....
    It is!! Almost everytime I walk by I just grab on and do a chin up. Have definitely seen improvements having this. And you don't feel so bad that you can only do 1 or 2 .
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    It is!! Almost everytime I walk by I just grab on and do a chin up. Have definitely seen improvements having this. And you don't feel so bad that you can only do 1 or 2 .
    Hee hee, great! unfortunately, though, I didn't get the green light to change the door frame, even if it IS my room....darn. But, I DID manage to convince my mom to let me install a real pull up bar on the little balcony I have outside my room, so it doesn't invade any common spaces in the apartment. Luckily the balcony is big enough for me NOT to see down....I live on the ninth floor and I'm scared of heights, lol! But I think I will bolt one to the ceiling and that way I'll have space around me 360 degrees so I can also attempt one of those really cool looking window whield wipers.....aren't they awesome? Yes, one day I shall also be able to do a human flag.....*cough cough*

sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

this is the one i have also. Same reason, i didn't want to do them in public just yet. My ex is just over 200 and jumps on when he's around the house and hasn't left marks.

Also, the only ledge in my house that it fit on was over the laundry room, so i do a set with every load I do. (sometimes i have to step on the washer to get that final one)

my kids jump on there too now. my daughter can hang forever and do 4 pull ups. she is only 60 pounds though.

I'm jealous
    1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.