Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gangsta of Pantslessness Cletus99's Avatar
    Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool CLETUS becomes BULLET PROOF

Why I'm doing this:

I've enjoyed reading logs for various products and recently ordered Muscle Pharm's Bullet Proof based on the good things I was reading. Tag along for the ride if you too are an insomniac newcomer to body building and want to see if this stuff works. *I've based the outline of this log on AM's review of Sleeping Giant so my apologies if he feels ripped off.

The Product: http://www.musclepharm.com/mp_prod_b...ail_bullet.php

Product Claims I'll be putting to the test:

- Maximizes Recovery and Repair
    - Stimulation of Growth Hormone (HGH)
    - Dream Big Grow Big
    - Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue
    - Enhanced Libido in Both Sexes
    - Relief from Many Forms of Pain

My stats:

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 233 lbs

My Diet:

I'm eating very well as of a week ago and plan to continue seeing as I've lost 8 pounds since I started. I eat 6 meals a day and 5 days a week I eat 2400 calories total while 2 days I eat 3000 calories total. I'm working hard to keep my diet at a 40/40/20 split although so far I've come in a few percent light on the fat most days. My staples are tuna, skim milk, assorted nuts, whole grains, and some fruit after workouts.

I've drawn on a number of things I've read at the following link: http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/nut...cs/u/Diets.htm

Training split:

Currently I lift weights 6 days a week, depending on how everything feels. (My addictive personality makes me want to be in the gym everyday so this split works well for me.)

Day 1: Chest/Tris
    Day 2: Biceps/Traps
    Day 3: Shoulders
    Day 4: Back/Abs
    Day 5: Legs
    Day 6: Either take off or rinse and repeat.

(This is definitely not set in stone. I'm looking to play around with it a little and worked my triceps after I finished legs today for instance.)

I throw in between 20 to 45 minutes on the eliptical about 5 days out of the week. I also play full court pickup basketball at the local YMCA for 60 to 90 minutes anywhere between 2 and 5 days out of the week. My game is solid. Picture Rondo only white with shorter arms, less shooting ability, and a few more post moves.

Supplements:

Here's the fun part. I've recently gone beyond my usual creatine and whey protein powder so I'm sure I'm a little overboard at this point. Anyway, here's the list...

Dimaxx liquid creatine (good stuff. like it a lot.)
    ON BCAA Caps
    ON Opti-Men
    Vitamin World Joint Soother (lol)
    Higher Power Chromium Picolinate
    Flaxseed & Fish Oil

Protein Powders: Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure, AST VP2, & MHP Probolic-SR for now. A number of others are due to arrive in the mail as my newest addiction is ordering a wide variety of protein powders. Counts for bars too. Been trying Promax, Pro42, & Detour. Can't forget the good old Snickers Marathon Energy bars too. So obviously an added perk of following this log is you can get a taste rating (at the very least) on a broad spectrum of products.

Goals:

Same as everybody else. Sleep well, lose fat, gain muscle, meet beautiful ladies and make a few babies. I also really want to see if Bullet Proof lives up to its claims and at the very least gives me another weapon in my arsenal to fight my inability to get to sleep. It seems like the perfect product because I need sleep and I need recovery. Now let's see if it works...

--------------------

Workout 1 was tonight. I pushed my legs pretty hard (leg press, calf raises, some squats, quads and hams machines, and even the super iffy leg spreading machine), hit my triceps well and then I did a half hour on the eliptical. A week ago this workout left me hardly able to walk for two days.

For future workouts I'll record the exercises I did with reps and weights etc. I'd be happy to post my diet in detail too if anyone would find that helpful.

Alright, I'll post tomorrow to report how my sleeping went and whether I'm able to walk or not...
    BEEFCAKE!

CALCULATED DRIVEN MACHINE trueathlete's Avatar
    trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am excited to see your log, let me know if you have any questions regarding
    Bullet Proof.
    "I am a Driven, Self motivated Calculated Machine"

MusclePharm CEO
    www.musclepharm.com
    Stock Symbol: MSLP

Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cletus99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by trueathlete View Post
    I am excited to see your log, let me know if you have any questions regarding
    Bullet Proof.
    Thanks. Will do.

First my impressions last night:

I have the grape flavor and took it in 12oz of water. I shook it quite vigorously but still had a little residue in the bottom. The flavor was not bad at all. Starts out very grapey and then goes a little flat. "Maybe the slightest hint of ass aftertaste" is what I scribbled down. But compared to AST's VP2 Citrus Splash flavor, this flavor was heavenly. I'd bathe in it gladly.

So anyway, I had consumed a scoop of Probolic-SR almost 2 hours prior to taking it and was munching on some carrots and pecans when I drank it at 3:40am. Btw the Probolic Vanilla flavor is drinkable but not great. It tastes a little coffee-like and I don't like coffee.

So I didn't take BP on an empty stomach as recommended which may or may not explain why it didn't seem to knock me out at all. I mean, I wanted to be knocked out like Mike Tyson's drunken prom date. That's how I roll. But no luck. I was up till 5:30 watching Mash. Which coincidentally is considered in some circles to be equally as bad as waterboarding. I might have felt a little more relaxed than normal. My mind wasn't racing as usual, but I just wasn't very tired.

Waking up today:

I feel pretty solid. Banked nearly 8 hours of sleep. Very few aches. Possibly the mildest of sleep hangovers. I don't feel the need to rush out and conquer the world but I could be persuaded to.

I have a hilarious little scribbled note next to my bed where I recorded one of my dreams though. Apparently I was playing pool with some of my old buddies from Holland and a homeless guy. On the table next to us was a very attractive young lady (his girlfriend). However closer inspection revealed she had a flesh-eating disease and her breasts were sagging badly out the bottom of her belly shirt. Thanks to writing it down I remember that snapshot pretty well. A little disturbing.

So I weigh 233 again this morning and my legs are only slightly sore. Triceps have bounced back very well but they always do. Post-leg day this week is nothing like last week. I was practically crippled last time. Now I'm solid. Could go shoot hoops easily. Back is solid too after being a little sore last few days.

------------

Overall:

I'm a little disappointed BP didn't knock me out or help me get to sleep within an hour, but the recovery aspect of it looks like it could be promising. Over the next few weeks I'll be looking to set PRs and slaughter my muscles so I can really put it to the test.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 2

A little over an hour and a half of back and abs. My gym just has 1-16 or 1-20 on some of the plates for the cables and pulldowns etc so no impressive numbers put up tonight. Anyway, I'm headed to Six Flags tomorrow with my sis so I need to be up in 5 hours. Had to cheat and throw some melatonin in with BP. The hard workout and little sleep should be a good test of its recovery powers though.

Speaking of supplements, I had a massive bag of NOW Carbo Gain (maltodextrin) and some ON Pro Complex show up in the mail today. I took a half serving of Pro Comp (Banana flavor - actually quite tasty) during the day and put a half serving of the Carbo Gain in with my usual post workout mix with a scoop of VP2 and a scoop of Isopure. I also sip on this a little as I workout. Anyway, I finished up still feeling pretty strong. Usually I'm pretty spent after a long workout and not having much of a pre-workout meal. I'll keep an eye out in days ahead and play around a little with the timing of these things. I know I've thrown a ton of variables in the mix on the performance/grow bigger end but variety is the spice of life.

So I leave you with that. Tomorrow is 8 hours of driving to six flags and back. May be able to report on my recovery from car with my wireless card. We shall see. Just finishing up my Probolic Vanilla coffee-tasting concoction. Yuck.
    BEEFCAKE!

So Six Flags was one helluva good time! Although some of those seats don't appear to be made for someone quite my size...and I don't really consider myself that big.

After 4.5 hours of sleep and having worked my back until almost 1am (I workout with the late crew) I was pretty worried about it just being destroyed for my day of endless walking and roller coaster riding. But honestly, I only had a little bit of tightness. At the end of the day my foot and ankle were more sore (from a lot of driving without the cruise on) than my back.

So long story short, my recovery abilities seem to have increased dramatically. On that end I also have Probolic-SR protein in the mix which I'm taking everynight before bed. So if things continue as they are I'll try a week with just BP and no Probolic before bed and see what effects that may have. However based on my limited results so far I recommend Probolic and Bullet Proof before bed.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 3

Just chugged my Bullet Proof for the night. Working on my Probolic now. Tonight's chest and triceps workout was about 1.5 hours lifting and 30 minutes on the eliptical. Hoping I recover well for my noon birthday basektball tomorrow.

Here's the workout exerices and numbers (reps x weight)

Bench press on Smith
    5x210
    4x210
    5x200
    4x200
    8x160

Decline bench on Smith
    7x140
    6x160
    5x180
    4x190
    4x190

Tricep press machine
    5x160
    5x140
    6x140
    4x160
    4x150

Cable tricep pushdowns (Need to figure out what plates weigh, they're numbered 1-16)
    8x14
    6x15
    5x16
    5x16
    5x16+10lbs

Cable flyes
    5x7
    6x6
    8x5
    11x4

Cable tricep pushdowns with rope
    9x11
    7x12
    6x13
    9x10

Have been playing around a little with 5x5 on some exercises. I'm seeing pretty consistent gains in the weight I'm able to lift every week or two and now that I'm writing it down it should be much easier to track.

The other event of the day was some BSN NO Xplode showing up in the mail. I'll have to use it selectively since I usually workout a few hours before bed time and caffeine keeps me up. I'll give it a shot with some afternoon workouts sometime this week or next hopefully.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 4

First today's recovery: Chest and triceps feel pretty solid. Jumpshot was really flat today so they weren't 100% recovered. Chest tightened up a little later in the night. But overall I'm fairly well recovered. Felt like BP was knocking me out a little about 45 mins after I took it but I had a few things to do before bed so I fought it off.

Well, as far as birthdays with no friends around to party with go...this one was pretty good. Got some basketball in, went shopping and picked up some new running shoes, a few colognes, & some bball shorts, watched some bball, and then went and worked out pretty hard. Got in about 1.5 hrs lifting and then ran 2 miles.

I was exhausted at 11pm when I needed to hit the gym so I tried a serving of NO Xplode. As expected the caffeine perked me up big time (since I roll caffeine free these days). I power walked the mile to the gym like a man on a mission and lifted heavier on just about everything. Managing to knock out 2 miles on the treadmill was the acheivement of the night however. Usually I don't have the patience for just straight up running that long. Didn't really notice much in the way of more pump during the workout. Did do a considerable amount of belching on the way up. Otherwise no side effects. Grape flavor is good.

ON Recovery 211 also showed up today. Raspberry is solid flavor. Any observations will be shared in the future.

So here are the numbers on today's workout (reps x weight):

Arm Curl Machine: 6x90, 5x95, 5x100, 4x105, 4x100
    Wide grip ez bar curls: 5x95, 8x85, 5x90
    Narrow grip ez bar curls: 7x85, 5x90, 5x90
    DB Shrugs: 20x50s, 15x60s, 15x70s, 12x75s
    Smith machine shrugs: 12x160, 12x180, 8x200
    Hammers: 12x30s, 7x35s, 5x40s, 4x45s
    Low pulley row to neck (cable): 15x11, 15x12, 15x13, 12x14
    Palm down DB wrist curl: 12x8s, 12x10s, 10x12s, 6x15s, 8x12s, 8x12s, 10x10s
    Palm up DB wrist curl: 12x8s, 12x10s, 12x12s, 12x15s, 12x20s, 12x25s, 10x30s

I've been noticing my wrists and forearm strength are the limiting factor keeping me from moving up on some exercises so I'm gonna start hitting my forearms whenever I can too.

As for pre, intra and post workout supplements for the day I went with:

1 scoop Isopure with milk about an hour before
    1 scoop NO Xplode right before I walked up
    1/2 serving NOW Carbo Gain + 1/2 serving VP2 for intra-workout
    1 scoop Isopure + 1 scoop ON Recovery 211 for post workout
    Probolic a few minutes ago and will be taking Bullet Proof shortly

Tomorrow I'm sleeping in and then hitting the gym with my new friend NO Xplode. Doing shoulders and may throw in some quads and calves. Thursday is going to be an off day as I'm going to watch my retarded uncle participate in the state level special olympics. Should be interesting to say the least.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 5

Woke up today at 2pm. Biceps and traps felt fine. Chest was a little sore. Felt like maybe I over-recruited it for narrow grip curls. Legs were fine after bball and running at night. BP felt like it helped me get to bed, although at 5:30am after a long day I probably didn't need much help.

So as promised I hit the gym around 3:30pm today with NO Xplode and a desire to responsibly destroy my often injured shoulders. NOX had me perked up and ready to rock. Still loving my maltodextrin intra. Workout was about an hour and involved the following (reps x weight):

Standing low pulley delt raises - front and back superset
    Front: 12x1, 10x2, R8x3 - L6x3, R4x4 - L6x3 (left was a little weaker. gotta work on it.)
    Back: 12x1, 10x2, 6x3, 10x2

Arnold DB Presses + Cable front raises superset
    Arns: 10x30s, 8x45s, 5x50s, 5x50s, 7x45s
    FR: 12x1, 12x2, 10x3, 8x4

Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raises + DB lateral raises superset
    SBO: 15x25s, 12x30s, 10x35s, 10x40s
    Lat: 12x15s, 12x20s, 8x25s, 6x30s

Then tonight at around 11pm despite knowing I need to wake up tomorrow at 6:30am I did an hour of leg work followed by 20 mins on eliptical watching the Daily Show. Was a little sluggish but didn't want to take the NOX with sleep looking limited as it was.

Weighted calf raises
    25x90, 18x110, 15x130

Smith machine squats
    10x200, 10x230, 8x250

Leg curl + leg extensions superset
    LC: 8x95, 12x100, 8x115
    LE: 12x95, 12x105, 10x120

Seated leg press
    10x315, 10x330, 10x350

Finished up with 3 sets of 15 of both hip abduct and adduct and then did 3 sets of 30 of standing calf raises.

So after double dipping at the gym I'm going to see what I feel like after 4 hours of sleep tomorrow! I will praise every supplement I'm taking, including Bullet Proof if I'm even semi-functional tomorrow. Luckily I'm just going to watch the Special Olympics. lol
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 6

Well, I probably banked a little more than 3 hours of sleep on Wed night and of course I was tired as hell when I got up. A 3+ hour drive to watch my uncle in the Special Olympics did allow for a little napping in the car though. (His bocce team won their division btw. Hilarious stuff. He did a Tiger-like fist pump on the medal stand!)

But anyway, I was somewhat stiff when I awoke but nothing major. Even with so little sleep and having done 2 workouts on Wed I wasn't feeling bad at all. I was amazed. So I am indeed publicly thanking the things that probably contributed most: Bullet Proof, Probolic, & Optimum's 211 Recovery (which I've started using post-WO). I got to sleep in a reasonable amount of time that night too so all in all I'm happy with what I've got going on here. Once my other supplementing is a little more stable I'll probably do another round of BP to try and better guage its impact.

So...I slept in today, got up and went for a back and abs workout with a little biceps sprinkled in. It went about 2 hours and I feel pretty good now. Upped my weight on a number of things and did a ridiculous amount of sets. Probably will go back later tonight for some forearms and to run a couple miles.

Today's 2:30pm workout with 10ml creatine & NO Xplode pre, Now Carbo Gain intra, and 211 Recov + VP2 post (reps x weight):

Wide grip pulldowns: 12x12, 6x15, 8x14, 10x13
    Cable crunches: 25x7, 25x8, 25x9, 15x10
    Seated cable rows: 12x15, 12x16, 12x16+10lbs, 12x16+20lbs
    Ab machine: 30x120, 25x140, 20x160
    Rear delt rows: 12x8, 15x10, 12x12, 10x13
    Decline crunch: 3 sets of 25
    V-bar pulldowns: 10x12, 12x13, 10x14
    Plate twists w/25lbs: 12 each side, 15es, 12es
    Rev plate curls: 15x35, 15x45, 12x45
    Bent over 2 arm long bar rows: 15x45+bar, 15x55+b, 12x70+b
    Reverse EZ bar curls: 12x45, 12x50, 10x55
    DB bends + DB twists superset:
    Bend: 8esx20s, 15esx20s, 15esx25s, 15esx25s
    Twist: 10esx20s, 15esx20s, 15esx20s, 12esx20s
    Cable hammers with rope: 10x9, 11x10, 7x11, 4x12
    Supermans: 3 sets of 15es

I highly recommend this workout if you have the energy and the time. I used to be the "only do chest, arms, and occasionally abs guy" at the gym so I'm working hard to get my back to where it needs to be.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 7

As promised I went back to the gym last night for forearms, a little rotator work, and a 2 mile run. Once again bumping the new Eminem cd. Not my favorite from him but the beats on the 2nd half of it are great to workout and run to.

Woke up today feeling pretty good. Oddly enough after that back workout it was my shoulders that were a little sore from the rotator exercises. That struck me as funny. May need to drop the weights I use from 5 and 8 lbs on those. lol

I've noticed a few things so far that fall in line with Bullet Proof's advertised claims:
    1) I recover much quicker than before even with little sleep. I feel like an unstoppable beast when I walk in the gym now. As previously discussed, some credit could be given to other supps.

2) I've noticed a small uptick in libido and feel a slight bit more aggressive lately. I'm a little more quickly angered than usual. Which is fine because I could probably use a little more anger sometimes.

3) BP doesn't knock me out but it does quiet my mind and get me in a state where I can sleep...and I wake up feeling pretty good everyday after taking it.

So anyway, a 3000 calorie day + NO Xplode + Chest & Tris day = FUN. I went all out. 1.5 hours of Eminem bumping and weights moving. Tried out some new exercises and goofed around with some downright silly super super sets at the end. I look forward to working out all day now. I rolled in the gym tonight at 11:30 and had it all to myself. It was great. At any rate, here's the workout and eventually I'm going to figure out what the plates weigh on these cables. lol (reps x weight)

V-bar tri pushdown (never used the V-bar before and loved it! hit my inner tri great)
    15x9, 12x12, 10x14, 7x16, 7x16+10lbs
    Incline cable flyes (1st time for these too. loved em!): 10x5, 9x6, 4x7, 6x6
    Lying ez bar tri press (1st time. not such a fan): 9x75, 9x75, 9x75
    Smith guillotines: 7x180, 7x170, 7x160
    Tri press machine + Cable crossover superset
    TPM: 5x140, 7x130, 9x120, 9x110
    CC: 12x4, 10x5, 6x6
    TRI SUPER SET (did one of each with no break, small rest, then repeat)
    T-bar pushdown: 9x14, 4x15, 9x12
    Skull crushers: 9x50, 6x55, 10x45
    Rope pushdown: 6x10, 7x8, 9x7
    CHEST SUPER SET (same setup as tris only with 4 exs with 2 sets)
    Decline DB bench: 12x50s, 8x55s
    Cable flyes: 7x5, 7x5
    Smith bench: 3x180, 5x150
    Machine incline press: 4x115, 3x100

I've heard people talk about pumps with NO Xplode and not really felt like I experienced it, but today I think I did. My chest and tris were huge. Too bad there was nobody there to see em. lol

After this ridiculous workout I decided I was a beast and could run a couple miles. Unfortunately I'm mortal and my back started locking up on me a mile in. I'll be really surprised if I don't need to take tomorrow off. But given how well I've been bouncing back, I'm hopeful I'll be able to do rock and roll again.

------------

A couple side notes:
    - I'd like to see Nuggets vs Cavs in Finals
    - That Lebron shot was sick last night
    - ISS Pro 42 Cookies n cream bars taste great
    - Fruit Punch VP2 tastes much better than Citrus Splash
    - After trying a wide variety of Optimum Nutrition's protein powders, I think Pro Complex is my favorite based on 140 cals to get 30g protein. Helpful for those of us with few calories to waste.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 8

Woke up this morning pretty well rested. Chest and tris were a little sore but nothing too bad. Back was a little stiff. I was fine for shooting a few baskets early afternoon but for the most part I felt a little beat up today. If you've been following the workouts I've been doing that should come as no surprise though. (I have no clue if anybody is following but it's all good).

I almost didn't hit the gym but then I remembered the new code I live by: Beasts don't take days off. So I went and hit bis, traps, and a little abs today. Then ran 2 miles. I set new PRs today on machine curls, cable crunches, db shrugs, and palm up wrist curls. I'm still loving NO Xplode. Definitely gives me the boost I need to get up and go hit it hard.

So here's the stats on today's workout:

Machine curls: 8x95, 5x105, 4x115, 3x115, 5x100 (high last week was 4x105)
    DB curls: 8x35s, 4x45s, 6x40s, 5x45s
    Cable curls: 9x12, 6x14, 4x15
    Hammers: 8x40s, 4x45s
    EZ bar curls: 5x90
    Cable crunches: 30x7, 30x8, 25x9, 20x10, 18x11
    DB Shrugs: 25x45s, 25x50s, 20x55s, 15x65s, 15x75s, 10x80s, 20x60s, 25x50s, 25x45s (obviously I love db shrugs and love to punish my traps. my gym doesn't have dbs over 80)
    Finished up with 8 sets of forearm work. 4 palm up, 4 down. heaviest set on ups was 10x40 and heaviest on down was 8x15)

If anybody has good exercises to stengthen my "palm down" forearm muscles which I believe are the inner muscles, I'd love to try them.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how things are coming along. I'm getting stronger, losing fat, sleeping well, and in much better cardio shape than even a few weeks ago. My biggest problem is keeping myself away from the gym so I can rest.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 9

Well, I had quite a bit of trouble getting to sleep last night but I knew taking the NO Xplode at 11pm was risky for me. I think I also must be getting too much calcium in with my pre-bed meals and lessening the effects of Bullet Proof as well. Apparently the calcium messes with the ZMA. So I'll be playing around a little trying to remedy that issue.

Anyway, today I was up at 3pm and got into the gym a little before 6. Was feeling a little dinged today. Probably should have taken the day off. Definitely no lifting for me tomorrow. Gonna let my back bounce back so I can kill it the next day. I tried to replicate my previous shoulder workout and step up weights and reps where I could. Also added a couple exercises on the end. Started finding pretty quickly that I wasn't in PR setting form for the most part, although I did up my arnolds and bent over rows. Funny enough I felt fairly strong on my last set of shoulder presses so maybe I was just over-supersetting and not giving my shoulders enough rest.

Today's workout:

Standing low pulley delt raises - front and back superset
    Front: 12x1, 12x2, 9x3, R4x4 - L7x3
    Back: 12x1, 10x2, 6x3, 6x3

Arnold DB Presses + Cable front raises superset
    Arns: 10x30s, 5x50s, 4x55s, 6x45s
    FR: 12x1, 12x2, 6x4

Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raises + DB lateral raises superset
    SBO: 12x25s, 12x35s, 6x45s
    Lat: 12x15s, 12x20s, 6x25s (was having some wrist issues)

Plate raises + smith shoulder presses superset
    PR: 12x25, 12x35, 10x45
    SP: 12x50, 12x75, 12x95, 8x115, 6x130

Afterwards I ran 2 miles and came home to watch the Nuggets win. Just chugged my BP 15 mins ago (on a relatively empty stomach) and I'm starting to yawn. Don't think I'll even be awake 12 hours of today. lol

Hitting the bball court again tomorrow and will probably dive back into poker all day & night to keep me away from the gym (and to pay for recent supplement purchases ).
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 10

Well, today I was going to play bball and not go to the gym. Somehow I did the opposite. When I woke up this morning my back was still a little stiff and my legs were feeling a little heavy from all the running I've been doing (a couple miles a night is a lot for me).

So I took a rest day. Laid around on the couch watching tv shows on hulu and catching the Cavs lose in OT. No poker. Been having a hard time getting myself to play again after taking a couple weeks off. Just have to get back in the groove. I know it sounds like a fun job, but it's like any other job at this point for me. If you had the choice to skip work for 3 weeks at a normal job, you might go for it every now and then. lol

So anyway, did hit the gym late and NO Xplode-less for some forearms, tris, and a quick mile on the treadmill.

Today's workout (reps x weight):

6 forearm sets - 3 palm up, 3 palm down
    V-bar pulldowns:
    16x9, then 10 sets of 10 reps on 12 (I'm fairly sure the cable plates weight 10lbs at this point.)
    One mile run
    Rope pulldowns:
    12x9, 10x10, 8x11

I love the v-bar. It kills the inside of my tris. I'd read somewhere about using 10x10 to take a break from 5x5 so I thought I'd try it. I keep seeing P90X commercials talking about muscle confusion, so I try to constantly confuse them.

I have to say...I'm definitely seeing results from all my working out. We'll see if all my running helps lose the fat more quickly. I should be able to get 3 basketball sessions in for the rest of this week too. Well, tomorrow is another hardcore back & abs workout so hopefully I awake feeling good and I escape bball injury-free.

Just finished up my Probolic and mixed nuts. Bullet Proof is going down in about 30 mins. Hope that's enough time to escape any interference.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 11 and fun discoveries!

So I found today that in my pursuit of a 40/40/20 diet, I had been doing things a little wrong. I'd been trying to get 20% fat by weight, when it appears I should have been working off of its caloric value. So instead of the 50 grams I should've been getting, I was cutting carbs (and a little protein) and squeezing in 100 to 110 grams! Mostly nuts though. At least it wasn't a pile of saturated fat. So anyway, getting to 2400 cals a day is looking a lot easier and no more piles of nuts before bed to try and sneak in 30g of fat. My cutting should be smooth sailing from here.

As far as how I felt this morning, I still wasn't quite 100% (dunno if this has to do with my recent fat loading and carb cutting). I skipped bball and slept in. Hit the gym around 2:30pm for a marathon session of back, abs, and biceps. NO Xplode is a helluva drug. I was really debating whether I'd do my back today or what I should cut out of my routine. But NOX had other ideas. So who knows, there's an outside chance I could be bed-ridden tomorrow. About an hour after my workout I also ran a mile with my parents who are training for a half marathon.

Here's today's workout in numbers (reps x weight):

Wide grip pulldowns: 10x13, 8x14, 8x15, 5x16
    Rear delt rows: 12x11, 10x12, 10x13
    Decline crunches + v-bar pulldowns superset
    D: 25, 25, 25
    V: 12x12, 12x13, 10x14, 8x15
    Cable crunch + seated cable row superset
    C: 30x7, 30x8, 30x9, 25x10
    S: 12x16+10, 12x16+30, 12x16+40, 12x16+50
    DB Shrugs + Cable Hammers superset
    S: 25x40s, 25x50s, 20x60s, 15x70s
    H: 8x12, 7x13, 12x10, 12x8
    Plate twist + reverse ez curl
    P: 3 sets of 15 each side with 25lb
    R: 15x45, 12x60, 8x70
    Low pulley row to neck + db hammers
    L: 12x12, 12x13, 12x14, 10x15
    H: 8x35, 5x40, 7x30, 10x20
    Ab machine + supermans
    A: 25x120, 25x140, 20x160
    S: 3 sets of 15 each side
    DB side bends + twists superset
    B: 15x20, 15x25, 15x30
    T: 3 sets of 15x20

All in all, that has to be a ridiculous amount of overtraining. I'm going to work to cut it down a little. Which brings me to my next big announcement: I'll be trying out Hugo Rivera's 10x10 training (found here: http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/wei...tsof10reps.htm). I will be modifying it a little. Will probably add on a few more isolation exercises after my initial 10 sets of 10 and will keep my 5 day split as opposed to going to his 3 day split. I just can't see doing triceps the day after chest or vice versa.

The only change in my split is that I'll now do biceps/abs and then back with traps included in that. I suspect I'll continue to sneak in abs and biceps stuff on back day anyway though. So not really a huge change.

All in all a good day. I've got my diet a lot better figured out and a new training plan that I think should be fun. Seems perfect for me since I do a ton of sets regardless.

Chugged my Bullet proof about 15 mins ago and snuck in some melatonin to guarantee sleep. Feeling good...
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 12 & 13

Yep, I double dipped again today. Woke up feeling pretty good after that ordeal of a back workout yesterday and thought I'd just do chest/tris instead of legs. I thought this might give my lower back some much needed rest. However, after the early afternoon workout, a 2 mile run, and seeing the Cavs win...I had to hit the gym again for legs. So I must be doing something right here. Seems like my body just keeps coming back for more and more punishment.

On the sleep end, I still don't feel like the BP is putting me down. I feel like it helps me recover big time, but it doesn't seem to get me to sleep. I added in melatonin, 5-HTP, & Valerian root last night (a combo the guy at Vitamin World sold me) that seems to be fairly effective. I figured it was just the melatonin and the other stuff might be crap, but they seem to work better as a team.

I'm still very happy with NO Xplode, although soon I'll be trying some other pre-WO supps and I've been dabbling a little with post-WO Torrent (which is quite tasty in green apple flavor).

On the new workout program front, I suspect 10x10 kicked my ass a little today. Especially the 10 sets of leg presses I did. (Although my legs seem to get stronger and stronger the more I do). I also started out a little ambitious on my bench and realized I may have lost some endurance lately by doing heavier weights and fewer reps. I also am not quite as strong at 2pm (which was effectively the morning for me) but I need to go then to avoid the crowd and get my caffeine NO supp in and still have some hope of sleeping.

Today's workouts:

10x10 Smith Bench Press: 10x160, 10x160, 8x160, 8x150, 8x140, 8x140, 9x130, 10x120, 10x120
    Machine Tricep Press: First 8 sets 10x110, then 8x110, 10x100
    Incline cable flyes: 12x4, 9x5, 12x4
    V-bar cable pushdowns: 12x12, 12x13, 9x15
    Decline db press: 12x45s, 10x50s, 7x55s
    Lying tri press with ez bar: 12x65, 9x75, 7x75
    2 mile run

10x10 Leg Press: First 4 sets 10x300, then 10x320, 10x330, 10x340, 10x350, 10x360, 10x370 (apparently I underestimated my leg press abilities at the start)
    Seated calf raises: 12x140, 12x140, (calves cramped up) 20x100
    Leg curls + Leg extensions superset
    C: 12x100, 12x115, 10x130
    E: 15x100, 12x125, 12x150
    Db Lunges: 12x15s, 12x25s, 10x30s

Waking up tomorrow should be another big test of my (hopefully) enhanced recovery abilities. Probably will skip bball and roll to the gym as soon as I can get myself laced up and ready to riznock.
    BEEFCAKE!

This morning

Woke up at about noon. Triceps a little sore, chest more sore, and glutes are most sore. I knew I was getting cocky with those lunges. Despite all this I don't feel quite as run down as I had been in previous days. I'm excited about hitting the gym in a minute and I haven't even had my NO Xplode yet.

The other development of the day so far is that I'm down to 229! Woohoo! I think this shift away from 110g of fat a day is helping my energy and my weight loss. Who'd have thunk it?

Alright, gym time. I'll update later...
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 14

Believe it or not I'm still sore. Chest is a 4/10 on the soreness scale, tris a 2, glutes and upper hams a 7. Went after my bis and abs pretty hard today. Felt like it was a great workout. Did my 10x10 bis exercise on the curls machine because the preacher bench at my gym is in shambles, so it's really my best shot at preacher. Plus I like it. Also did some decline plate twists which were brutal and wonderful all at the same time.

Was bumping Jake One - White Van Music today. Pretty good cd. Good beats and some tracks I'm really feeling. Plus it came with the instrumentals cd so I can throw that on the gym's speakers when old ladies are in attendance.

Workout took a little less than 2 hours and here it is (reps x weight):

10x10 Machine curls: 10x80, 9x80, 9x75, 3 sets of 10x70, 9x70, 10x65, 8x65, 9x60
    Cable crunches: 30x7, 30x8, 30x9, 20x10, 15x11
    Narrow grip ez bar curls: 12x65, 10x75, 8x80
    Cable curls: 11x10, 8x11, 7x10
    Ab machine: 40x120, 35x130, 25x140, 25x150, 20x160
    Decline plate twists w/25lb (each side): 15, 15, 15
    Cable twists (each side): 20x2, 10x3, 12x2
    Hip raise on parallel bars: 12, 12, 10

Looking forward to doing shoulders tomorrow and trying out my new Xtend for intra-wo. May try out some new Super Pump 250 I got in the mail today too.

Am also doing a little shopping for some non-stim pre-wo supps. Looking at trying out Shockwave, Ragnarok, & Body Octane. Well, time to donk around a little before crashing out. Did I mention I can't wait to workout tomorrow?

I like this 10x10 work so far btw. Before I got on bb.com and got into anything other than creatine I used to lift lighter with more reps, so to some extent it's been nice to get back to that a little. I felt like that built a good foundation endurance-wise for when I wanted to lift heavy for lengthy periods. I'm looking at doing around a month of this and then switching back to 5x5. I may tinker with alternating em each workout too. We'll see. I'm sure Hugo would frown on that.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 15

Woke up today and my glutes and inner thighs hurt more than yesterday. Chest and tris are bounced back and bis and abs are fine. I blame all those leg presses and the lunges. I have yet to knock out lunges without them knocking me out for a couple days. I have to believe that once my legs get used to more frequent workouts their recovery will improve.

Today's 2 new supps added to the mix (to muddy the analytical waters even further) were Gaspari Super Pump 250 and SciVation Xtend (2 scoops pre, intra, & post). Both tasted pretty good (SP was fruit punch and X was watermelon). After 9 workouts with NO Xplode I still felt like it got me up and going and gave me pretty solid energy and focus throughout my workout. 1 scoop of Super Pump seemed to come on a little more gently but got me through a pretty long workout great and did have my shoulders and tris fairly pumped up. I give SP high marks as well. Should be fun the next few days to see how I react to upping the dose.

Today's workout was a little less than 2 hours and here are the hard numbers (reps x weight):

10x10 Smith machine shoulder press: 3 sets of 10x105, 10x110, 8x110, 2 sets 9x100, 2 sets 10x90, 10x95
    Seated bent over rear delt rows: 12x30s, 12x35s, 9x40s
    Low pulley raises: 12x1, 12x2, 11x3, 5x4
    Cable tri pushdowns w/rope: 12x9, 11x11, 9x11
    Plate raises: 12x25, 12x35, 10x45
    V-bar pushdowns: 12x13, 11x15, 7x16+10lb
    Band late raises + Arnolds superset
    B: 15 w/blue, 8 w/purple
    A: 10x35s, 8x30s
    T-bar tri pushdowns: 12x14, 8x15, 10x13
    Cable front raises: 12x1, 12x2, 10x3, 6x4
    Tri Machine Press: 6x160
    Palm down + palm up forearm curls
    D: 15x10, 15x12, 11x15
    U: 15x30, 15x35, 12x40
    Standing calf raises: 100

Didn't plan on so much tri work or all the extra shoulder work at the end but I still felt really strong and my workout partner wanted her tris worked. Hopefully my glutes are usable for cardio tomorrow. Might try and loosen em up with a little eliptical later tonight. We shall see. Until then, go Cavs!
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 16

Did in fact go back and hit the eliptical for an hour while watching Ice Truckers last night. Amazing how you can burn 670 cals while watching insane truck drivers. So anyway, woke up today and my shoulders were in pretty good shape. My glutes and calves are still a little sore though. Hopefully they bounce back for tomorrow's noon basketball. (In the category of BP making one dream big, I did have a rather odd and vivid dream involving an old friend from Minnesota, a military coupe in the Czech Republic, and me talking some soldier out of killing us. Weird and wacky stuff.)

Tried 2 scoops of Super Pump today instead of 1. Didn't see big time differences. Did kind of crash after the workout but it was 2 hours of back, traps, bis and abs so I don't know that SP could be blamed. Big 8oz steak perked me up when I got home.

I can tell this diet is working well for me. I actually have trouble getting 3000 cals in on my two high calorie days. Part of that is I'm too busy working out to eat much.

So anyway, here's today's workout (reps x weight):

10x10 Seated cable rows (used v-bar 2 sets then wide grip bar 2 sets, etc):
    8 sets of 10x16+40lbs, last 2 sets were 10x16+60lbs
    DB Shrugs: 15x50s, 15x60s, 15x70s, 12x80s
    Wide grip pulldowns: 12x11, 12x13, 8x15
    Wide grip ez bar curls: 10x85, 8x85, 8x75
    Supermans (each side): 15, 15, 15
    Low pulley to neck row: 12x10, 15x11, 15x12
    V-bar pulldowns: 12x11, 12x12, 12x13, 9x15
    Ab machine: 40x120, 35x130, 30x140
    Rear delt rows: 12x10, 10x11, 10x11
    Rope hammer curls: 12x9, 9x10, 9x10
    Long bar bent over 2 arm rows: 12x45+bar, 12x70+b, 10x80+b
    Rev plate curls: 20x25, 12x35, 10x45
    Cable crunches: 35x7, 30x8, 25x9

Killer workout my friends. I feel like I need to go pass out right now. Seriously...I'm out.
    BEEFCAKE!

Workout 17

Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty good. Back was a little tight but completely functional. Calves were still sore for some reason. I went for a scoop of NO Xplode before basketball and that was great. I had way more energy than I usually do in the morning and was running up and down the court like a mad man. Did it again today and it was awesome. I actually played pretty well today too. (Usually I'm just fine with getting the cardio in even if I shoot 20% from the floor.)

Yesterday's near 2 hour chest and tris workout didn't hurt me much for today other than a little pain in the front of my right shoulder. Might have stressed some rotator cuff stuff with the incline hammer grip benches. Db flyes can be hard on my shoulders too. Legs today and bis tomorrow should give it a couple days to rest up.

Anyway, here's yesterday's chest and tris workout (reps x weight):

10x10 Guillotine Bench: 3 sets 10x160, 6x160, 8x150, 9x140, 7x140, 10x125, 9x125, 10x120
    10x10 Reverse grip tri pushdowns: 10x5, 10x6, 10x7, 10x8, 2 of 10x9, 2 10x8, 2 10x7
    Incline hammer grip bench: 12x40s, 10x50s, 10x45s
    Machine tri press: 12x110, 7x130, 8x120
    Decline db flyes: 12x25s, 12x30s, 12x35s
    Lying ez bar tri press: 12x60, 10x75, 7x75
    Dips: 11, 11, 7
    Cable crossovers: Low - 12x4, 8x5 - Mid - 9x5, 8x5 - High - 10x4, 8x5
    V-bar pushdowns: 12x13, 7x15, 8x14

So yeah...right shoulder is a little dinged today but it should be fine in a day or two. Bball was excellent and I'm hitting legs tonight. So far no complaints with my Xtend or my Superpump 250. Also been trying harder to space my Bullet Proof drinking 45 mins to an hour after I've eaten anything else since just about everything I eat seems to be loaded with calcium. That seems to be helping.
    BEEFCAKE!

BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you taking NO Xplode and Superpump 250?
    "I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more."

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal. You either grow or regress; nothing stands still".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by msd8683 View Post
    Are you taking NO Xplode and Superpump 250?
    Not at the same time but have been taking NOX pre-bball and the SP later pre-WO. Is this a bad idea?
    BEEFCAKE!

BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000) BleedCardio is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think so, Iw as just curious since they are both pre-workout N.O. supps. Any reason you take one and not the other pre workout vs. pre basketball? I have had both. Really like N.O. Xplode. I didn't care for Super Pump because it gavie me the sh*ts!
    "I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more."

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal. You either grow or regress; nothing stands still".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think so, Iw as just curious since they are both pre-workout N.O. supps. Any reason you take one and not the other pre workout vs. pre basketball? I have had both. Really like N.O. Xplode. I didn't care for Super Pump because it gavie me the sh*ts!
    Feel like I get a little more of an instant jolt from NO Xplode, which is what I need in the morning to hit the bball court. Have just been trying Superpump the last few days. I like it but it doesn't hit me with quite the same immediate effect. Does get me through long lifting sessions so far though.
    BEEFCAKE!

need some updates!

need some updates!
    Sorry, didn't realize anybody cared!

Actually I went out to DC last minute for a buddy's bday and then went straight to Green Bay to be a motorcade driver for the President's town hall meeting. All in all it ate up a week and was a lot of fun. Even got a pic of BO and myself. Gotta wait for the White House to send it to me though.

I didn't take Bullet Proof out to DC with me because I knew I'd be drinking at least a couple of the nights. I did manage to get 5 workouts in while in DC and a little cardio in while in GB. So today, despite being a little hungover I'm back on the wagon. Hit my back, abs, bis, & traps tonight. I'll finish off the BP over the coming week I expect.

My other news to report is that I tried White Flood tonight. I was absolutely exhausted before I took it and was doubtful that anything could get me going enough to get in a proper workout. However, I was pleasantly surprised. WF did the trick nicely! I was lacking a little on my heavier lifting abilities but considering how hectic the last week has been and how tired I was/am...it was nothing short of miraculous. I'm really looking forward to getting in 9 to 10 hrs of sleep the next few nights and getting back to my usual laid back workout-heavy schedule.

Guess I should also report that it looks like I'm moving out to Vegas for at least July & August. Will see how I like it and go from there afterwards. There appear to be plenty of 24 hour fitness locations in LV so I should be set.

Alright, time to pass out...
    BEEFCAKE!

thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefullmonte has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking solid bro...keep up the hard work
    MFC

Originally Posted by Cletus99 View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize anybody cared!

Has been a good log! Good luck in Sin City bro

Has been a good log! Good luck in Sin City bro
    Thank you sir. Vegas should be fun. Just gotta make sure I get in more gym life than night life.

Woke up yesterday feeling pretty good. Back had a little tightness but hardly noticeable. Today however, after my chest and tris workout yesterday I woke up pretty sore. Chest was aching quite nicely. I've had this before when I've gone from working out at my buddy's in DC back to my home gym. I also didn't get in Probolic pre-bed last night, so that could be another factor.

Today's workout was legs but after my 10x10 of leg press I had my right calf lock up while doing seated calf raises. I decided to play it safe so I hit my biceps and headed home. Bis did just fine. I didn't feel White Flood get me going quite as well today as the 2 previous workouts. Felt fairly flat (although I did up the weight on all my leg press sets). But it may not be WF's fault. Overall I think I was a little worn down today and I might still be recovering from all my travels. We'll see how tomorrow's shoulder workout goes. I have to get some serious cardio in too as long as my calf is functional.

So far while on Bullet Proof I've continued noticing about the same effects. It just does not knock me out...but I do feel like I recover better, I have some rather interesting dreams and feel like I sleep pretty well, and the most noticeable effect has been increased libido. I feel like my testosterone levels have to be up considerably. However, I've also mentioned before that I'm on a number of supplements so I can't declare with certainty that BP is responsible. I look forward to trying some other things like Somnidren-GH with separate ZMA and then coming back to BP when my other supplement usage is more stable. As far as Muscle Pharm products go, I'll soon be trying Assault as soon as it shows up.

For those that enjoy the hard numbers, here are my workouts from 6/13 and 6/14 (reps x weight):
    6/13

10x10 Db bench press: 10x55s, 10x65s, 10x70s, 10x65s, 10x65s, 5 sets of 10x60s
    12x10 Cable pushdowns (3 of each: V-bar, Rev straight bar, rope, straight bar)
    v: 10x12, 10x13, 10x15
    rev: 10x8, 10x9, 10x10
    rope: 9x12, 8x11, 10x9
    str8: 6x15, 9x12, 10x10
    Dual axis chest press machine: 12x100, 10x120, 10x110
    Tri press machine: 12x110, 10x130, 10x120
    Decline smith bench: 10x160, 9x150, 9x140
    Dips: 6 (tris were spent. lol)
    Db skullcrushers: 12x50, 10x55, 12x45

6/14

10x10 Leg press: 10x350, 10x400, 10x425, 4 sets of 10x400, 3 sets of 10x375
    Wtd calf raises: 18x110 (calf cramped up so switched to bis workout)
    10x10 Cable curls: 10x10, 10x11, 10x12, 10x13, 10x12, 5 sets of 10x11
    Narrow ez bar curls: 12x65, 10x75
    Wide grip ez bar curls: 10x65, 10x75

I really enjoyed the 12 sets of cable tricep work. I figure if I'm doing that many sets on a muscle group I may as well hit it with a number of variations.

Well, I'm off to do other things. Till next time...
    BEEFCAKE!

fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fightbackhxc21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love Bulletproof. Subbed.