reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Would working each muscle twice a week be better than once a week, or is it too much?

Would working each muscle twice a week be better than once a week, or is it too much?

I do
    Mon: chest/biceps/abs
    Teus: triceps/back/forearms
    Wed: shoulders/traps/legs/abs

so if I were to double up on the muscles it would take up 6 days.. so should I leave it like that or should I work out 6 days a week?
    Last edited by reminisce32; 05-15-2009 at 01:48 AM.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by reminisce32 View Post

I do
    Mon: chest/biceps
    Teus: triceps/back
    Wed: lats/traps

so if I were to double up on the muscles it would take up 6 days.. so should I leave it like that or should I work out 6 days a week?
    You don't do legs...You don't do shoulders...And you're asking if you should double up everything else?

Lats and back are the same thing lol...You do biceps...Followed by back the next day...Followed by back the next day...Do you know how to train?

RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000) RaaR is just really nice. (+1000)
    do

Chest/tri
    Legs
    rest
    Back/bi
    Shoulders
    rest

or
    Chest/tri
    legs/shoulders
    back/bi
    rest

or

Chest
    Legs
    Arms
    Rest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Rest

and do what ever you like best

reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reminisce32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    You don't do legs...You don't do shoulders...And you're asking if you should double up everything else?

Lats and back are the same thing lol...You do biceps...Followed by back the next day...Followed by back the next day...Do you know how to train?
    i fixed it. lol i wasnt thinking when i wrote that.

nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    back and triceps together?

urgh.

back+bi
    chest+tri

(no homo) (yes insecure) chiraag's Avatar
    chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rippetoe's

that is all
    owes me reps:

You. Yes, you.

"Who's Michelle Obama? I thought it was Barrack Obama" - dunkalicious

bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea, i know you've probably heard some of the pros say that they have had good results from working a bodypart 2x a week, but they recover so much faster than we do because of the drugs.

So i would stay away from working a bodypart more than once a week
    Never Stop Working

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    rippetoe's

that is all
    i second this.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nathwoz View Post
    back and triceps together?

urgh.

back+bi
    chest+tri

Why do back and bis together when your hitting bis already doing back, vice versa with chest/tris. At least doing it the other way alows you to work a muscle group that isnt already worked.

nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathwoz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by daveerwin View Post
    Why do back and bis together when your hitting bis already doing back, vice versa with chest/tris. At least doing it the other way alows you to work a muscle group that isnt already worked.
    thats the whole point, since there already being worked, so may aswel do them abit more after you work your back or chest, stating the obvious.

daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveerwin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nathwoz View Post
    thats the whole point, since there already being worked, so may aswel do them abit more after you work your back or chest, stating the obvious.
    MIND **** This bothers me too much to keep talking about it. I guess its just a matter of prefrence.

SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaHeavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since your just starting, two muscles a day is a must.
    5 exercises in a day is the maximum amount you should do.

Monday - Shoulders/traps
    Tuesday - Back/Biceps
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Chest/Triceps
    Friday - Legs/Abdominals
    Last edited by SupaHeavy; 05-15-2009 at 06:49 AM.

(no homo) (yes insecure) chiraag's Avatar
    chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    owes me reps:

You. Yes, you.

"Who's Michelle Obama? I thought it was Barrack Obama" - dunkalicious

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SupaHeavy View Post
    5 exercises in a day is the maximum amount you should do.
    NO.

There is no reason a regular amount of volume can not be done, and for optimal strength/size gains, small amounts of volume will get you nowhere. Do 4-5 exercises for the large muscle groups (back, chest, legs, possibly shoulders), and 2-3 exercises for smaller muscle groups (biceps, triceps, possibly shoulders). Abs and such added in every few days, of course.

However you choose to do your split, do NOT do back and triceps together and do NOT do chest and biceps together. It contradicts the entire point of working your muscles together and not overtraining. If you choose to group muscles together, make sure back and biceps are together, chest and triceps are together, legs are usually done themselves, and shoulders can basically be fit in on chest/tricep day or leg day.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by reminisce32 View Post

I do
    Mon: chest/biceps/abs
    Teus: triceps/back/forearms
    Wed: shoulders/traps/legs/abs

You can do that but probably not the way you currently train. More frequency means either less volume or less intensity if you actually want to benefit from the training at all. You might be better off following an upper/lower split adding an extra assistance exercise or two to keep up the bb'ing volume/exercise variation.

Unless you are a well seasoned lifter (advanced as in huge or a successful competitor) I would not recommend training everything twice a week using the traditional body part split method.