Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best Exercise for Bicep Roundness??

I know everybodies body is different and my bicep may not look like his and so own..genetics, training, and diet have alot to do with it but I heard concentration curls would be best for what im looking for..true or not??

VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10) VPrestonV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by K Rock 12 View Post
    I know everybodies body is different and my bicep may not look like his and so own..genetics, training, and diet have alot to do with it but I heard concentration curls would be best for what im looking for..true or not??
    preacher curls, let the weight go all the way down. Most people don't straighten their arms at the bottom, and they lack the fullness/roundness in the bicep closest to the elbow.
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    make sure to use wide and narrow grips too

eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eggs91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hammer curls
    They train the brachialis which lies underneath the bicep and when it pushes it out it rounds it.
    I'm not sure what to put here.

Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live-For-Today has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Concentrate on the negative of the curl. Explode up with the weight, squeezing your bicep. Then concentrate on keeping your bicep flexed and tense as you bring it down. 1 to 1.5 seconds up, and 3-5 seconds down. Do a straight barbell curl, pyramiding down 15, 12, 10, 8, 8 on reps. 1.5 to 2 minutes of rest between sets. If you want to kill your arms, superset the last set with hammer curls.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."

Marcus Aurelius

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Muscle shape is largely a genetic issue. The best approach is simply to train your biceps in balance with the rest of your body, change-up your exercises when you begin to stall, and give it time.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cable curls.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    i am surpised no one has mentioned squat rack curls

kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevjjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eggs91 View Post
    Hammer curls
    They train the brachialis which lies underneath the bicep and when it pushes it out it rounds it.
    This.

Also, narrow grip BB curls work. Make sure you're training both the Bicep and brachialis. I actually split my bicep day to focus one day on brachialis and one day for biceps. I do Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps on mon and Back/Brachialis on wed. I swithched to that recently to really work my upper arms since they're kind of lagging.
    The juice is worth the squeeze.

I rep back

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    True, concentrations and spider curls will develop the peak.

I always feel the burn at the elbow end of my bicep doing these.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114646181

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    Cable curls.
    I agree with this answer. I like to do them by using the bottom most cable attachment, and lie down with my back on the floor, with my feet straddling the cable against the base of the machine. It takes the back movement out of it and can hold the elbows more steady.

Another thing is visualization. While you're curling, imagine in your mind how your bi's are like balloons. (I know it sounds weird, but it really works)
    Time To Re-Schedule

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    I agree with this answer. I like to do them by using the bottom most cable attachment, and lie down with my back on the floor, with my feet straddling the cable against the base of the machine. It takes the back movement out of it and can hold the elbows more steady.

Another thing is visualization. While you're curling, imagine in your mind how your bi's are like balloons. (I know it sounds weird, but it really works)
    I couldent agree more, IMO the lying cable curl is deffently the best bicep exercise i have just started doing them and my biceps are sore 2 weeks in a row still sore now. 100x better than barbell curl, because when performing barbell curl you cant use max force to curl it up without losing your form with using your back or raising your elbows also at the top of the ROM the weight can be balanced and have less stress on the biceps. But when performing the lying cable curl its exctally the same except you can you max force without using your back or having your elbows go all over the place also its on a cable so there is a negative force pulling it back constantly unlike free weights. Defently the best bicep exercise ever IMO.

Cant say i have tryed the "visualization" thing though, must give it a go.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cable curls and DB concentration curls, will give you what your looking for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP are you meaning roundness as in a good peak?

if so train your long-head (outer) part of the bicep as this is what causes the "peak"

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Josef_Rakich View Post
    I couldent agree more, IMO the lying cable curl is deffently the best bicep exercise i have just started doing them and my biceps are sore 2 weeks in a row still sore now. 100x better than barbell curl, because when performing barbell curl you cant use max force to curl it up without losing your form with using your back or raising your elbows also at the top of the ROM the weight can be balanced and have less stress on the biceps. But when performing the lying cable curl its exctally the same except you can you max force without using your back or having your elbows go all over the place also its on a cable so there is a negative force pulling it back constantly unlike free weights. Defently the best bicep exercise ever IMO.

I never see anyone else do it either. In fact, this is one of those exercises where people will stare at you and go WTF.
    Time To Re-Schedule

I never see anyone else do it either. In fact, this is one of those exercises where people will stare at you and go WTF.
    Haha same here, Im the only one in my gym who does these that i know of and yes a few odd looks but not as bad as when doing donkey calf raises lol.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've seen one older guy do them but with dumbbells lol.

Doing it with dumbbells will stress the muscle for only about 30% of the ROM.

K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K Rock 12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP are you meaning roundness as in a good peak?

if so train your long-head (outer) part of the bicep as this is what causes the "peak"
    well by roundness I kinda mean like the golf/tennis ball look of the arm

Also, do wide grip barbell curls. That will work the inner-head and give your biceps a 'tennis ball look'.

Also I do these on the cable row platform by laying back on the bench but resting my knees up against the platform and then curling..if I put my feet on the platform and layed back the cable wouldnt be long enough ya know what I mean?

DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VPrestonV View Post
    preacher curls, let the weight go all the way down. Most people don't straighten their arms at the bottom, and they lack the fullness/roundness in the bicep closest to the elbow.
    Thanks for playing.
    NEW Stacking the **** out of Universal/Animal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=156518781#post156518781

Shock Therapy/Storm/M-Stak Log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=144048361#post144048361

tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Muscle shape is largely a genetic issue. The best approach is simply to train your biceps in balance with the rest of your body, change-up your exercises when you begin to stall, and give it time.
    I'd go one step further. Muscle shape is absolutely a genetic issue. The biceps will be shaped exactly how they are genetically predetermined to look like and there's nothing (besides using synthehol or implants) that can change that.

Yeah the "peak" is what causes it too look like you have a tennis ball in your arm, the peak is caused by a good long-head (outer) part of the bicep. Do lots of close grip exercises as this puts more stress on the long-head.

Also, do wide grip barbell curls. That will work the inner-head and give your biceps a 'tennis ball look'.
    No, its the outer that will give him the tennis ball look. Not the inner.

No, its the outer that will give him the tennis ball look.
    No.

No.

Lol your joking right?

That does not look like a tennis ball at all, terrible example.

Take a look at some of the guys in this video with good bicep "peaks", notice there biceps look like "tennis balls"

This is a tennis ball if you diddnt know.

Lol your joking right?

That does not look like a tennis ball at all, terrible example.

Take a look at some of the guys in this video with good bicep "peaks", notice there biceps look like "tennis balls"

[youtube]knqQJyhrh2s[youtube]

This is a tennis ball if you diddnt know.

[img]http://www.h4x3d.com/feat/themes/tennis.jpg[img]
    Even if that picture was not a good example, it proves my point.

Work the inner-head to get that tennis ball look.

Now GTFO with your idiotic posts.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Spider Curls are pretty cool.
    --- Nick ---

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson215.htm

The hammer curl, although not strictly a biceps exercise, will develop the brachialis, lending a greater degree of overall size to the biceps area. The brachialis, the strongest flexor of the elbow, runs along the side of the upper arm and comprises much of the lower biceps area.

It conveys the impression, in those with full development, of a tennis ball stuck under the skin between the biceps and triceps. Developing it to its fullest will help to push the biceps up therefore creating the illusion of a peak, and fill out the lower portion of the biceps, providing overall thickness in this area.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

Even if that picture was not a good example, it proves my point.

Work the inner-head to get that tennis ball look.

Now GTFO with your idiotic posts.
    No it dosent, if you want biceps that look like a "tennis ball" you have to train the Long-head part of the biceps due to when contracting the long-head actually rises up and sits above the short-head giving it the "peak" which causes the bicep to look like a tennis ball.

The short-head (inner) is the mass of the bicep but will not give it the peak causing it to look like a tennis ball. Go learn some human anatomy and you will find out that the long-head (outer) is what causes the "peak"

Bicep peak = Tennis ball look

You GTFO and go learn something.

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mommy and daddy are fighting again......
    *pokes at his peas*
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω