TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deadlift Question- lower back soreness

I know I'm doing something wrong because my lower back is pretty sore the next day.

It's hard to judge my own form but I feel like I'm ok bringing the weight up but I definitely feel the tension in my lower back when I lower the BB down to the ground. I'm pushing back my hips but it's that part where the BB goes past your knees that I feel the strain in my lower back.

Is this bad form or an indication that the weight is too much?

Any tips would be appreciated.

<(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) AfroMidnite's Avatar
    AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can screw yourself up trying to slowly and gently set the bar down. The point of the deadlift is to get it up... once it's past your knees on the way down let that sucker drop. You'll save yourself a lot of unnecessary strain. Also post a video so people can really help you if it's a form issue.

TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50) TexDad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AfroMidnite View Post
    You can screw yourself up trying to slowly and gently set the bar down. The point of the deadlift is to get it up... once it's past your knees on the way down let that sucker drop. You'll save yourself a lot of unnecessary strain. Also post a video so people can really help you if it's a form issue.

Thanks Afro

amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AfroMidnite View Post
    If you ever plan on competing don't do this. You've got to maintain control of the bar (which usually means your hands stay on the bar). There doesn't have to really be any eccentric muscle action but you've got to keep your hands on the bar, and thus in control. If you do crossfit then you can just drop the bar from lockout because WOD.