24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Thread: lunches

body4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile lunches

Hey Everybody!

I just registered and am very excited to be exchanging knowledge with people that are interested in the same thing I am. This is my first time in a chat so bear with me I am 24 and have been interested in bodybuilding for years, unfortunately I have never been able to stick with it consistently, mostly due to being in University. I am now working a full time job and finally have a consistant schedule and really would love to get into the shape that i have always wanted to be in (which is ripped of course)

I am 5'7"
    130lbs. approx.
    25% body fat (yuck! way to high)

I am considered a tall thin person, I don't have a lot of muscle mass so I am what I call myself a skinny-fat person. I appear thin but as you can see, have to much bodyfat.

My goal is to get down to 15% body fat and increase muscle tone.

There are a million things I would like to ask but the biggest concern of mine right now is what to pack for lunches?!

I work full time so I have to pack a lunch but we do have a fridge and microwave at work. Right now I am making turkey and tuna sandwhiches on whole wheat bread. I don't want to eat bread but I don't know what else to bring that is quick and doesn't take an hour to prepare. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or some examples of what they bring to work for lunch?

Much appreciated!

BodyPoints: 185
    TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome Body!! You will get tons of info and ideas here. And it is always great to have someone else join us to share their experiences too!

One idea for work lunches:

You can do roll ups....Using lean ham or turkey, roll a couple of thin slices around a slice of no fat cheese. I sometimes have these as a snack as well. Lots of protein, no carbs, very little fat.
    Add a small salad or some raw veggies and you've got a meal.

body4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi TrishB!,
    Thanks for the idea! That sounds good for a snack and a great way to add more protein. I would still like to include some complex carbs in my lunch but I am trying to stay away from wheat, for example, bread and pasta. I hear brown rice would be a good option but it is so bland....any tasty ways of including brown rice?