oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Four Days workout and group of muscles...

Hello im starting a new workout program 9i have trained about hafl year ago using a 3 day work out (BAck/Biceps, Shoulder/legs and chest/triceps). Now i want to modify the routine and adopt it to four days a week (something like , monday and tuesday, wednesday=off, thursday and friday, saturday and sunday = off). I want to gain weight (mass). So i want an advice if possible. I have in mind that:

Monday: Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday: Legs (except calves)
    Thursday: Back/ Biceps
    Friday: Shoulders and Calves..

This sounds ok? Thanks

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oxkar777 View Post
    Hello im starting a new workout program 9i have trained about hafl year ago using a 3 day work out (BAck/Biceps, Shoulder/legs and chest/triceps). Now i want to modify the routine and adopt it to four days a week (something like , monday and tuesday, wednesday=off, thursday and friday, saturday and sunday = off). I want to gain weight (mass). So i want an advice if possible. I have in mind that:

This sounds ok? Thanks
    could work, but look at the one i outlined here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116219601

or try ss found here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oxkar777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you.. i have read the links and they sound good, however i htink that my routine is not a good one becasu i have read that: NO, YOU CANNOT TRAIN 2 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, so don't ask. So i want to ask is this is true for gaining weight (that i cannot train 2 consecutives days?) So a three days routine is the best one for gain weight? Thanks

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My 2 favorite 4 day per week setups would be either Upper/Lower or Push/Pull.

M - Upper or Push
    Tu - Lower or Pull
    Th - Upper or Push
    F - Lower or Pull

You can do either an A/B setup or Heavy/Light or both. It is very tweakable.

EDIT: 11k posts
    *No Crew*

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's fine.

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    M - Upper or Push
    Tu - Lower or Pull
    Th - Upper or Push
    F - Lower or Pull
    That's also fine...as are the fullbody setups grim83 posted.

You can make gains doing any of these three types of splits. I would recommend sticking with the higher frequency two-day split TexAss posted for you (I like push/pull, but upper/lower is good too) because I think your initial progress will be slightly quicker that way. For the same reason, you could do fullbody workouts and make rapid gains. I would save the 4-day splits for when it takes you a week to recover from working a particular muscle group.
    Last edited by EPMD; 05-11-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    My 2 favorite 4 day per week setups would be either Upper/Lower or Push/Pull.

M - Upper or Push
    Tu - Lower or Pull
    Th - Upper or Push
    F - Lower or Pull

You can do either an A/B setup or Heavy/Light or both. It is very tweakable.

EDIT: 11k posts
    Hello thanks for the recommendation..it really sounds good.. but im little confused i have read that the push are for: quads, outer thighs, chest, shoulders and triceps. and the pull are for: butt, hamstrings, back and biceps..so as i understnad you said push one day and pull the other day...any routine or exercises that anyone can recommend.. i would prefer freeweights, because i dont always have machines availble..thanks..

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)

This sounds ok? Thanks

Hey dude,

This split you came up with is fine. The key to gaining weight/mass/muscle is eating. You need to make sure you are eating enough protein 5 to 6 times a day, 1 gram per pound of body weight split into your different meals and eat about 500 cals a day over your daily calorie maintinance level.

As far as the workout, keep your reps from 6 to 12 and keep your workouts under 90 minutes.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dkemano42 View Post

As far as the workout, keep your reps from 6 to 12 and keep your workouts under 90 minutes.

DK

Whoa. Not to hijack this thread, but I thought it was most efficient to keep workouts @ around the 45min mark? I mean I could be completely wrong, but now I'm curious.

grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you.. i have read the links and they sound good, however i htink that my routine is not a good one becasu i have read that: NO, YOU CANNOT TRAIN 2 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, so don't ask. So i want to ask is this is true for gaining weight (that i cannot train 2 consecutives days?) So a three days routine is the best one for gain weight? Thanks
    2 consecutive days is fine, i dislike more than that personally, but some do well with it. i have found for me 3-4 days works best, but this isnt a science its an art, everyone has a different style

-G.K. Chesterton

-Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by tblake87 View Post
    Whoa. Not to hijack this thread, but I thought it was most efficient to keep workouts @ around the 45min mark? I mean I could be completely wrong, but now I'm curious.
    Yes..i think the same.. at least that was i read in other threads (because if more than 45 minutes, the muscle will take damage..or something like that..) Any way i think is not enough time for a good workout..so im doing about 1 hour...(without cardio)..With my diet..i have modified it last week..(i was eating less than 2000 cals per day..im about 138lbs and im 5'9")..so rightnow im eating about 3500 (thats include supplements, so i have upped it about 700 cals ..Im eating about 200 grams of protein..So i think im going ok..my only concern is the fat because im consumming about 100g every day...(i think 75 will be great) but im starting to feel good..so rightnow im looking for a good workout to stick with it..Thanks..

SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes..i think the same.. at least that was i read in other threads (because if more than 45 minutes, the muscle will take damage..or something like that..) Any way i think is not enough time for a good workout..so im doing about 1 hour...(without cardio)..With my diet..i have modified it last week..(i was eating less than 2000 cals per day..im about 138lbs and im 5'9")..so rightnow im eating about 3500 (thats include supplements, so i have upped it about 700 cals ..Im eating about 200 grams of protein..So i think im going ok..my only concern is the fat because im consumming about 100g every day...(i think 75 will be great) but im starting to feel good..so rightnow im looking for a good workout to stick with it..Thanks..
    Hey man, I have just switched off a 3 day split to a 4 day as well. Here is what I'm doing. I am liking it so far as workouts only take about 45 min.

Moday (Shoulders)
    Standing Overhead Press 3x8
    Behind the Neck Shoulder Press 3x8
    Front Dumbbell raises 3x8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3x8

Tuesday (Back)
    Deadlift 3x8
    Good Mornings 3x8
    Bent Over Row 3x8
    Weighted Wide Grip Chins 3x8

Wednesday
    1 hour of cardio

Thursday (Chest)
    Bench Press 3x8
    Weighted Dip 3x8
    Incline Press 3x8
    Triceps Pull Downs 3x8

Friday (Legs/Arms)
    Squat 5x5
    Calf Raises 3x20
    Preacher Curl 3x8
    Abs

Saturday
    Rest

Sunday

1 Hour Cardio

Im interested in knew the differences of training a body part one day a week (a three days workout) and training a body part two days a week (in a push / pull two days split). I have searched and it appears that training the part two tiems per week is better to gain mass..is that right .. Thanks..

Im interested in knew the differences of training a body part one day a week (a three days workout) and training a body part two days a week (in a push / pull two days split). I have searched and it appears that training the part two tiems per week is better to gain mass..is that right .. Thanks..
    it depends on the person i do better at one a week, it all comes down to how good your recuperative ability is. also i feel as you get bigger/stronger you need more rest time

-G.K. Chesterton

-Brooks Kubik