Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)

T-Zone Vibration Machines - Do they work?

Ok, I've really hated these machines for a while now, but I have so many people asking me if they work. I can't seem to find any articles on them. If there are already threads existing could someone post the link?

Otherwise, how can a shaker help someone lose fat? I'm thinking if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

I'm a weightlifter but because I spend so much time at the gym, I have these questions asked to me all the time.

Your thoughts?

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for losing fat? no.

BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm hearing many people say "So - and - so lost X inches with the T-zone machine" and it's becoming a trend here in Eastern Canada.

I'd just like to find some resources to better educate myself on this topic so I can relay the information to those who come to me with questions.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, they dont work.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont u do exercises on the vibro plate? u could do them off the plate and still have the same results.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WHAT?!?!?! U mean u can't VIBRATE away the fat?!?!

BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought everyone knew that's how Arnold won all his contests.

I know all of this, but I'd love to see some credible sources to back up my claims. So far, I can't find anything against, and can't find much for, either.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There you go;
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/te...machines_N.htm

Fitness industy and people making money off them love them.

Credible scientists worry about bone/cartilidge damage, hearing/vision loss and brain damage.

IMO another excuse of an exercise for lazy people. End of.

Edit; all that took was 'vibration plate exercise' typed into google, like the 4th result
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    There you go;
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/te...machines_N.htm

Fitness industy and people making money off them love them.

Credible scientists worry about bone/cartilidge damage, hearing/vision loss and brain damage.

IMO another excuse of an exercise for lazy people. End of.

Edit; all that took was 'vibration plate exercise' typed into google, like the 4th result
    Thanks, I kept googling t-zone vibration and came up with acne products :P

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I'm expecting Billy Mays to start hawking a $19.95 version of one of these gizmos on TV, any day now. Or that "shamwow" knucklehead, if he ever gets out of jail for beating up that hooker.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Iron

Thats not going to happen, but I hear bowflex is adding a vibrating plat to their bench on their $4000 model next year! LOL
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Iron

Thats not going to happen, but I hear bowflex is adding a vibrating plat to their bench on their $4000 model next year! LOL

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigDogIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I'm expecting Billy Mays to start hawking a $19.95 version of one of these gizmos on TV, any day now. Or that "shamwow" knucklehead, if he ever gets out of jail for beating up that hooker.
    Mays didn't beat that hooker up. He just sold her a prototype of the vibratin' plate and she forgot to read the instructions before using it.

Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I sell a number of different vibration fitness machine, mainly to senior citizens and people with serious diabetes but also to athletes as well.

Vibration Exercise works very well in intensifying basic training moves as well as stimulating the muscle. Its especially useful for folks with diabetes because it greatly improves and increases blood circulation.

A lot of athletes buy the regular vibration plate which is essentially a vibrating platform with no handles or attachments. They simply stand on the platform and perform regular exercises like barball curls, squats, etc. It adds a whole new dimension on things.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know Ironwill2008. Based on these photos, I would say the hooker kicked his ass.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...7092sham1.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    I don't know Ironwill2008. Based on these photos, I would say the hooker kicked his ass.
    Geez; those Miami Beach hookers must be pretty rough!

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Geez; those Miami Beach hookers must be pretty rough!

Shammwow. You'll be sayin' WOW every time.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    I sell a number of different vibration fitness machine, mainly to senior citizens and people with serious diabetes but also to athletes as well.

Vibration Exercise works very well in intensifying basic training moves as well as stimulating the muscle. Its especially useful for folks with diabetes because it greatly improves and increases blood circulation.

A lot of athletes buy the regular vibration plate which is essentially a vibrating platform with no handles or attachments. They simply stand on the platform and perform regular exercises like barball curls, squats, etc. It adds a whole new dimension on things.
    What about claims by doctors and scientists of negative longterm effects like cartilage damage etc?

How can you 'shake away' fat? This is the biggest fad I've seen here since Pogs.

Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by BogSniper View Post
    What about claims by doctors and scientists of negative longterm effects like cartilage damage etc?

How can you 'shake away' fat? This is the biggest fad I've seen here since Pogs.

Exercise itself has risks of cartilage damage and injury. However the machines I sell have multiple settings from low to high.

As far as it being a fad. It actually is medical treatment in Korea for diabetics and people with muscle wasting diseases that made its way into the fitness industry

Exercise itself has risks of cartilage damage and injury. However the machines I sell have multiple settings from low to high. You can't shake away fat however standing on it does burn a number of calories and even more when you're doing regular exercises on a platform

As far as it being a fad. It actually is medical treatment in Korea for diabetics and people with muscle wasting diseases that made its way into the fitness industry

Exercise itself has risks of cartilage damage and injury. However the machines I sell have multiple settings from low to high. You can't shake away fat however standing on it does burn a number of calories and even more when you're doing regular exercises on a platform

As far as it being a fad. It actually is medical treatment in Korea for diabetics and people with muscle wasting diseases that made its way into the fitness industry[

As far as it being a fad. It actually is medical treatment in Korea for diabetics and people with muscle wasting diseases that made its way into the fitness industry[
    Yeah, and we all know how Korea is leading the world in cutting edge technology...

I know you have a product to sell and will butter it up, but there are medical personnel/scientists claiming it can have detrimental long-term side effects -- particularly with joints. While initially it 'feels good', there are apparently longterm side-effects.

What would you say to that?

Yeah, and we all know how Korea is leading the world in cutting edge technology...

I know you have a product to sell and will butter it up, but there are medical personnel/scientists claiming it can have detrimental long-term side effects -- particularly with joints. While initially it 'feels good', there are apparently longterm side-effects.

What would you say to that?

I say that the risk of joint damage is the same as doing regular exercises. However many long term studies have shown no joint damage whatsoever from the use of these machines.

There's always going to be some scientist telling you not to do this or that with anything. Part of life

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I say that the risk of joint damage is the same as doing regular exercises. However many long term studies have shown no joint damage whatsoever from the use of these machines.

There's always going to be some scientist telling you not to do this or that with anything. Part of life

Yeah if it wasn't for those meddling scientists we'd still all be encouraging children to smoke 40 a day and snort opium like it was going out of fashion like people did in the 1900's.

Pesky scientists. Ruin all the good things.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Yeah if it wasn't for those meddling scientists we'd still all be encouraging children to smoke 40 a day and snort opium like it was going out of fashion like people did in the 1900's.

Pesky scientists. Ruin all the good things.

People have choices in life including in what equipment they wish to train on. As a dealer, I have to provide them with variety of exercise machine options that's available regardless as to whether I use them myself or not. That includes vibration exercise and 300 other exercise machines I sell.
    Last edited by Vince Goodrum; 05-15-2009 at 12:32 PM.

People have choices in life including in what equipment they wish to train on. As a dealer, I have to provide them with variety of exercise machine options that's available regardless as to whether I use them myself or not. That includes vibration exercise and 300 other exercise machines I sell.
    This is gone off topic now. I know your opinion is biased since you're out to make a buck. However, with no longterm studies (that I can find) to prove otherwise -- and from the information I can gather, these machines are a total waste of money.

Everyone I know that has bought one or tried one, praised it to the heavens for the first couple of weeks, then were extremely disappointed when they noticed little or no results, joints-wise or for an aid in fat-loss.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks, I kept googling t-zone vibration and came up with acne products :P
    I googled "vibrator machine" but kept getting distracted.

bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_chuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Iron

Soloflex offers it. I know how people feel about BowFlex, but I knew 2 guys in junior high and high school who got hyooogee on them.

My brother has the Soloflex vibration bench alone. I used it with my dumbells and didn't like it. If you stand on it for about 20 minutes you will sweat. It is better than 20 minutes of sitting on the couch and eating Cheetos, but I'd rather lift weights or do aerobics.

If you want to lose fat and you are lazy, try the infrared saunas. According to them, you will shed water weight, although which you will gain back from drinking water, however you will burn calories which is the benefit.
    Last edited by bb_chuck; 05-19-2009 at 02:42 PM.

dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dn590 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They do more bad then good

morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    white knuckle disease ftw