akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Men balding at a young age?

I posted this in the regular misc but that was a mistake!! =)

BTW i'm a girl, i'm not balding haha. My friend (male) is 23, and already is losing hair at the back of his head. It's not an actual BALD spot but it's def noticeable. It started when he was 21 i think. Over the past year it's gotten a little worse.

How does this happen? He's a good looking guy and quite frankly i don't think it's fair because he's so young... like is he going to have to shave his whole head before he's 30? He wants to do something about it and we were going to experiment with rogain but we couldn't find it in the grocery store (lol). He seriously wants to get a hair treatment but isn't that pretty expensive? And what would it even look like? He's moved alot and has been under alot of stress since he was about 20 so could it be from stress?

Also i'm taking some survey online and it asks (which provoked me to post this thread) "6. Which agents have you used to prevent/treat balding and at what dose if known? Proscar, Propecia, Avodart" So i'm going to research that in little bit...

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Unfortunately for him, it's probably genetic. What does his grandpa on his mom's side have for hair? that's usually a pretty good indication.

Some guys respond to rogaine, some don't. Hair transplants can be an option. I have no idea what they cost. The guys I know that have had it look better, but not back to their pre-balding look.

For me, I much prefer that a guy who's going bald just shave his head. Much sexier than trying to hide it with "creative" hair cuts, etc. It's all about confidence anyway. Tell him to shave his head and rock it. He'll get women coming up to him to rub his cue ball head.

NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL! Very strange, I had this convo with my husband's male family members today after I mentioned that my husband is starting to "go gray"....(I find that sexy by the way). His uncle (who "suffers" from a bald spot on the back of his head), said that Rogaine really helped him. I agree with the above poster though...it really is genetics and there's not a whole lot he can do. Bald spots can be nice...he just needs to be confident (again, stated by the above poster). Implants can be weird looking and expensive...(see certain pics of Nicholas Cage and you'll know what I mean). Just tell him to embrace it, and that it really doesn't matter that much. If he's a good man with a good heart, the right woman will see it as an attractive quality. That might not mean much to him at 23, but it's true. Bless his heart!
    Stay positive, stay focused, lift hard, love harder, and never forget your mission.

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just shave it. Seriously though there really isn't much you can do about. Even if Rogaine works it's temporary, as soon as you stop using it the hair loss resumes. hair transplants are expensive and not guaranteed. A friend of mine went for a consult for the top of his head: $5000 minimum. No guarantee and if you continued to bald you would need to do it again.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas Jefferson

akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akathrynl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I lied, it's my boyfriend =D I didn't know if i'd embarass him if he saw this, but he doesn't give a ****. He's like "get some answers!" haha.
    It doesn't bother me, i see guys who shave their heads and you can tell they did it cause they were going bald and it looks GOOD. Look at bruce willis, i think he looks better now then he did with hair!
    But the problem with my boyfriend is that he likes doing his hair. The longer it gets, the worse it looks so he has to keep it really short now. Around everyone else he jokes about it but i've seen him legit upset because he doesn't want to lose his hair and he doesn't want me to leave him when we're older. I'm like what's wrong w/you.. i'm not gona leave you for someone with hair!! LOL
    Last edited by akathrynl; 05-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.

IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no point in trying to fight it. Just shave it and he'll be much happier. I can actually grow hair and I still choose to shave because of the simplicity of it.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My fiance has been going bald since I met him at age 18. He is now 28 and very thin in most places. He just keeps it cut short and it is less noticeable. His older brother is 30 and nearly totally bald. Hair loss is often linked to higher than normal levels of testosterone. Honestly, it doesn't worry me in the slightest, it's just hair
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000) Luv_Ta_Lift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    My fiance has been going bald since I met him at age 18. He is now 28 and very thin in most places. He just keeps it cut short and it is less noticeable. His older brother is 30 and nearly totally bald. Hair loss is often linked to higher than normal levels of testosterone. Honestly, it doesn't worry me in the slightest, it's just hair

My hubby is the same way. Sence he was a senior in HS he has had this prob. His dad has the same prob so yeah it genetic. He to keeps it cut really short so it's not to badly noticable. I love him anyways..... I dont even notice it.
    :)

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    is it receding or a bald spot on top back?

propecia WILL help, but in some men the blocking of DHT can cause unwanted ED sides
    but it does help, I am 44, started really receding/thinning at 36-38, I use it on and off and it helps
    doesn't reverse it, but delays it or stops any "spurts" of recession, which do happen, guys can recede or bald in spurts, than slow or stop for a while, then it hits again
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Registered User racingrit22@aol's Avatar
    racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10) racingrit22@aol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know what yall are going through! My fiancee is 28, we've been together over three years and he was balding then. He has a very particular way he has to get his hair cut, so that it will kind of lay over the extremely thin circle on top of his head. I just talked to my stylist the other day about Rogaine, and she said it does work. But like mentioned before, as soon as you stop using it, the growth will stop and what has grown will fall out. At first thought it seems expensive, and as many times as I have picked it up I have put it back because i have know idea how long one box will last. But I have recently realized that as much as it bothers him, you can't put a price on that!!! I am getting him some soon, if I get results before you I'll let you know!
    Team Scivation Athlete
    Feeding Boys Dirt Since 2003

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    is it receding or a bald spot on top back?

propecia WILL help, but in some men the blocking of DHT can cause unwanted ED sides
    but it does help, I am 44, started really receding/thinning at 36-38, I use it on and off and it helps
    doesn't reverse it, but delays it or stops any "spurts" of recession, which do happen, guys can recede or bald in spurts, than slow or stop for a while, then it hits again
    He's losing it at the back of his head (top). I looked stuff up & i think he's going to try Propecia. I don't know how long it takes to work or if it'll be noticeable but i'll update! =)

sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my boyfriend is 28 (i think) and just in the past 2 years it's gotten worse. it's definitely genetics and stress will cause it to shed a little quickly. Rogaine worked when the Dr thought it was stress induced....but unfortunately stress will always be there...

i say shave it....that is sooo much sexier
    1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000) smariejohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by akathrynl View Post
    I posted this in the regular misc but that was a mistake!! =)

BTW i'm a girl, i'm not balding haha. My friend (male) is 23, and already is losing hair at the back of his head. It's not an actual BALD spot but it's def noticeable. It started when he was 21 i think. Over the past year it's gotten a little worse.

How does this happen? He's a good looking guy and quite frankly i don't think it's fair because he's so young... like is he going to have to shave his whole head before he's 30? He wants to do something about it and we were going to experiment with rogain but we couldn't find it in the grocery store (lol). He seriously wants to get a hair treatment but isn't that pretty expensive? And what would it even look like? He's moved alot and has been under alot of stress since he was about 20 so could it be from stress?

Also i'm taking some survey online and it asks (which provoked me to post this thread) "6. Which agents have you used to prevent/treat balding and at what dose if known? Proscar, Propecia, Avodart" So i'm going to research that in little bit...

Genetics. If his dad balds early then chances are he will too. He should get hair implants or try Rogain.
    Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
    Matthew 7:7-8

WORTH THE WAIT: MENTALLY * PHYSICALLY * SPIRITUALLY

CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Shiit if I go bald im going to shave it off who cares anyways man? For real get a buff body and rock that shyt like Vin Diesel....power doesn't lie in your hair you ain't no Samson hehe, its all in your mind....

want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My oldest brother started balding as a senior in high school In his senior picture, he already had a comb over. Very sad.

99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 99cbr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by akathrynl View Post
    Around everyone else he jokes about it but i've seen him legit upset because he doesn't want to lose his hair and he doesn't want me to leave him when we're older. I'm like what's wrong w/you.. i'm not gona leave you for someone with hair!! LOL
    Oh **** is this going to be George from Seinfeld? He is so insecure about his hair it ruins all his relationships! Lol... I hope not.

Anyways, I would shave it. Well I take that back, I don't know how it would effect future business deals. If he doesn't have to worry about that, get a friend that is good with photoshop to bald him UP, so he can see what it looks like. =)