SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with SHOULDER exercises for a new routine, Will Rep Experienced advice

Hello, I am going to try to put on about 10 lbs in months and am starting a new split. I have had the most success with compound exercises and am going to stick to this for the most part. I have never done a 4 day split and am looking for more exercises for shoulder day. I need two more shoulder exercises that either focus on both delts and triceps or 1 for each. I would also like recommendations on whether to do dumbbell or barbell shrugs. Any other comments on my split are welcome. Thanks!

Moday (Back)
    Deadlift 3x8
    Good Mornings 3x8
    Bent Over Row 3x8
    Weighted Wide Grip Chins 3x8

Tuesday (Shoulders)
    Standing Overhead Press 3x8
    Shrugs (barbell or dumbbell???)
    (2 more shoulder exercises)

Wednesday
    1 hour of cardio

Thursday (Chest)
    Bench Press 3x8
    Weighted Dips 3x8
    Incline Press 3x8
    Triceps Pull Downs 3x8

Friday (Legs/Arms)
    Squat 5x5
    Calf Raises 3x20
    Preacher Curl 3x8
    Abs

Saturday
    Rest

Sunday
    1 Hour cardio

Gotta keep moving forward User4543432's Avatar
    User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Save your reps man, I'm just here to throw out some shoulder advice.

Ok, I have had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder from an injury sustained early in training, have rehabbed it back to perfect working condition (the surgeries were over 5 years ago), and have found ways to safely destroy the muscles and build up some delts.

Behind the Neck Press: don't fear it, it is not the enemy! Do it correctly! Slowly, not too heavy, reps ranging 8-12, not 5 heavy reps or 15 burnout reps, 8-12. Perfect form!

Steering Wheels: my own creation of sorts. Hold a 25lb-45lb plate arms length in front of you, shoulder height. Turn it clock wise, then stop, rotate counter clockwise, back and forth. 20 reps to the left, 20 to the right, back and forth. Controlled, and use the shoulders man, over exaggerate the movement!

Heavy Front Dumbbell Raises: they work! 8 reps for me is 65lb-75lb dumbbells depending on when I do them in the workout. Heavier reps have packed great mass on, as well as seperated the pec/front delt region.

Behind the Back Dumbbell Raises: one arm at a time (aka unilaterally) raise a side lateral raise with a lighter dumbbell while leaning against a wall, hips and feet 2' away from the wall, so the dumbbell can hang behind you between each rep. Slow and controlled, explosive about 1/3 the way up to about 1/3 the way from the bottom of each movement.

these are some exercises that have helped me man, good luck! Be sure to stretch and work the rotator as well!!!

Enjoy!
    Had back surgery September 3, 2009. The road to recovery is FAR from over, but I like a good challenge.

SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerusMournstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustinSulham View Post
    Save your reps man, I'm just here to throw out some shoulder advice.

Ok, I have had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder from an injury sustained early in training, have rehabbed it back to perfect working condition (the surgeries were over 5 years ago), and have found ways to safely destroy the muscles and build up some delts.

Behind the Neck Press: don't fear it, it is not the enemy! Do it correctly! Slowly, not too heavy, reps ranging 8-12, not 5 heavy reps or 15 burnout reps, 8-12. Perfect form!

Steering Wheels: my own creation of sorts. Hold a 25lb-45lb plate arms length in front of you, shoulder height. Turn it clock wise, then stop, rotate counter clockwise, back and forth. 20 reps to the left, 20 to the right, back and forth. Controlled, and use the shoulders man, over exaggerate the movement!

Heavy Front Dumbbell Raises: they work! 8 reps for me is 65lb-75lb dumbbells depending on when I do them in the workout. Heavier reps have packed great mass on, as well as seperated the pec/front delt region.

Behind the Back Dumbbell Raises: one arm at a time (aka unilaterally) raise a side lateral raise with a lighter dumbbell while leaning against a wall, hips and feet 2' away from the wall, so the dumbbell can hang behind you between each rep. Slow and controlled, explosive about 1/3 the way up to about 1/3 the way from the bottom of each movement.

these are some exercises that have helped me man, good luck! Be sure to stretch and work the rotator as well!!!

Enjoy!
    Wow, great advice man! I really appreciate it!

seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000) seanybabe1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seated dumbell shoulder press, barbell shrugs one week dumbells the next, front felt raises, lateral raises and upright row, this is my shoulder day, bust in some skull crushers on that day to bro

Originally Posted by seanybabe1986 View Post
    Seated dumbell shoulder press, barbell shrugs one week dumbells the next, front felt raises, lateral raises and upright row, this is my shoulder day, bust in some skull crushers on that day to bro
    Thanks!

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i wouldnt recommend hitting triceps on tuesday and thursday. also listen to justin, he knows man, also lateral raises or upright rows did well for me
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
    i wouldnt recommend hitting triceps on tuesday and thursday. also listen to justin, he knows man, also lateral raises or upright rows did well for me
    Andy advice for how to avoid working triceps on Tuesday while still having a dedicated chest and tri day on Thursday?\?

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SerusMournstar View Post
    Andy advice for how to avoid working triceps on Tuesday while still having a dedicated chest and tri day on Thursday?\?
    you'll still be using triceps on shoulders day, unless you drop presses, which isnt smart, maybe you could move shoulders to monday. also dont do any triceps exercises on shoulder day
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) karma_jesus45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rear delt row, dumbell Arnold press, upright row.
    Many more. Have you seen this link. Its a directory of muscles and exercises that hit those muscles specifically.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html
    I rep back with whatever I have