fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000) fimblez is just really nice. (+1000)

is your metabolism always gonna be **** when you are lean?

whenever I diet for a contest I usually have to go down to 1800-2000 cals day. when I resume eating normally, ie clean(i know a lot of people here frown upon that word but I feel a need to do it) and enough to satisfy me, my bodyfat always shoots up to its setpoint of 11% ish bodyfat...
    I love my brick

the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_newguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

sorry for the dislectic english

Originally Posted by fimblez View Post
    whenever I diet for a contest I usually have to go down to 1800-2000 cals day. when I resume eating normally, ie clean(i know a lot of people here frown upon that word but I feel a need to do it) and enough to satisfy me, my bodyfat always shoots up to its setpoint of 11% ish bodyfat...
    your whole body goes to **** when dieting to the extreme conditions as competative bodybuilders do. its resisting against losing the little fat you have. hormone levels get disturbed.
    so yes, when you start eating decend amounts you are gonna gain weight fast to reach a state your body feels more comfortable.

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This reaction seems normal. Even when you reverse diet correctly to put weight back on, your body will most likely return to a state it feels most comfortable. This usually depends on your body type (ecto, meso, endo). So if you were normally around 11% before your diet, you will eventually get back there. If you don't feel comfortable at that level of BF, then you can alway cycle your bulking (4-6 weeks in caloric surplus followed by 2-3 weeks caloric deficit) to control you're levels of BF while trying to add lean body mass.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    consider yourself lucky.. i have to get down to 1700 just to get to 10%
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    Endo?

I am the same, head spins ftw.

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fimblez View Post
    Well eating "normally" and "enough to satisfy you" could be 4000+ cal. Your metabolism is already slow, and a lot of people would gain fat on that amount of calories anyway. Start eating slowly again after an extended contest diet and the rebound will be blunted.
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Domingo, nope.. growing up it was always impossible for me to gain weight.. skinny, small joints.. the works. ecto...

so i figured it would be easy for me to get lean.. HA... come to find out. i just have ****TY genes

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My metabolism goes to **** that's for sure
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup. Sounds familiar. In a month I went back up to 200 lbs but only to 11.5%. When I stated my cut I was 207 and 14%, so I don't feel so bad. Feel much harder than I did the last time I was at 2. I've also read that the body is primed to build muscle when getting off a cut, so it should be the optimal time to make gains. Not sure how reliable the sources were I got that info from.
    ---------------->MFC<---------------
    -------->L.A. Misc Crew<---------
    ---->MFC COC is best COC<----

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    Get off my lawn.

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hpdcoop View Post
    Yup. Sounds familiar. In a month I went back up to 200 lbs but only to 11.5%. When I stated my cut I was 207 and 14%, so I don't feel so bad. Feel much harder than I did the last time I was at 2. I've also read that the body is primed to build muscle when getting off a cut, so it should be the optimal time to make gains. Not sure how reliable the sources were I got that info from.
    Heard some different takes on this, but yea that version too. Anyone care to elaborate? I think it has to do with your insulin sensitivity improving, and, on a related note, better nutrient partioning when you gain from a lean state.

On the other hand, I also read that it's an individual thing and that most people have a 'setpoint' BF level where they tend to gain quality weight the easiest. Has to do with leptin I guess... also, hormones such as test can really take a hit if you get very lean so that can't exactly make for the best 'anabolic environment' I'm guessing.

Anyone care to elaborate/clarify/correct?
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

Originally Posted by hpdcoop View Post
    Maybe you'd benefit from 'reverse dieting' the next time if you don't want your weight to bounce like that. I definitely know the feeling!

Like, eat most of the same foods as when you dieted and just gradually, maybe on a weekly basis, bring calories up a bit. Sure, it sucks cause you really wanna binge when you go from a period of cutting to one of bulking, but I think it pays off in the end to monitor the transition and make it smoother

Awesome avi btw
    My recommended reading

Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowan212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    I'm right there with you - even tho i'm now where near you level, 1600 calories is required for me to get down to <10%
    Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest - Crash and Burn -

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    Maybe you'd benefit from 'reverse dieting' the next time if you don't want your weight to bounce like that. I definitely know the feeling!

Like, eat most of the same foods as when you dieted and just gradually, maybe on a weekly basis, bring calories up a bit. Sure, it sucks cause you really wanna binge when you go from a period of cutting to one of bulking, but I think it pays off in the end to monitor the transition and make it smoother

Awesome avi btw
    I did a reverse diet after a week of eating clean during the day, then having a craptastic dinner. Don't think I went overboard on the bad foods, but my body was ready to put some meat back on.

It wasn't so much that I wanted to binge...I wanted the extra energy in the gym. After losing so much strength, I just want to throw heavy a$$ weights around again. I did 3 weeks of high intensity training, now this week I'm moving into the strength building. 2 days down so far at it feels great to put up some respectable numbers again!!!

Your avi aint so bad either...nice abs brah!
    ---------------->MFC<---------------
    -------->L.A. Misc Crew<---------
    ---->MFC COC is best COC<----

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    Get off my lawn.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I burn 3,500 calories a day and I'm pretty lean. Currently bulking and calories next week will be around 3,750.
    Just a weight lifter

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    I burn 3,500 calories a day and I'm pretty lean. Currently bulking and calories next week will be around 3,750.
    'Pretty lean' = striated glutes now, huh?

Didn't you go really low on your cut though and started your bulk really low too?
    My recommended reading

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    'Pretty lean' = striated glutes now, huh?

Didn't you go really low on your cut though and started your bulk really low too?
    Yeah, dropped to around 1900ish calories IIRC. However the reverse diet worked excellent. Us bodybuilders, lean is never lean enough

Currently at 220/500/80 - P/C/F. I will be upping fats to 90g next week and going up up the protein slightly. inb4 no need positive protein turnover already with 500g cho and 220g pro.
    Just a weight lifter

wow i never touched 500 grams of carbs and i fattened up nicely... really fattened up.. haha.. props man