Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)

Independent contractor No experience!!

I just got hired on as an independent contractor at a really nice gym with top of the line trainers even a chiropractor and massage therapist. I'm still kind of in shock that they actually took me in! Some 19 year old who got certified last week amongst specialized trainers. I must say I do know how to nail interviews however.

First off is this a bad idea?

I know it's going to be tough at first but with enough marketing and work can I have a client base built up to pay the rent at the gym and my apt? I'm going to find a second part time job to work at nights.

I see this as a wonderful opportunity and how I can skip the bull**** training at 24fitness or wherever else.

The first month they charge me nothing for rent in the gym. Second month 250 3rd month its 500 and stays 500 from then on. Unless I get over 4 clients a day consistently it goes to 1000 a month. And the trainers there charge 60-100$ an hour its in the most wealthy part of the state as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolistic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like a prtty good gig ... i did not know that they paid the gym like that.

if its in a good area .. should be some oppurtunity there to make money.

talk to the other trainers in there .. what do they say ?
    Real friends don't let friends lift light.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    ttt

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    I just got hired on as an independent contractor at a really nice gym with top of the line trainers even a chiropractor and massage therapist. I'm still kind of in shock that they actually took me in! Some 19 year old who got certified last week amongst specialized trainers. I must say I do know how to nail interviews however.

First off is this a bad idea?

I know it's going to be tough at first but with enough marketing and work can I have a client base built up to pay the rent at the gym and my apt? I'm going to find a second part time job to work at nights.

I see this as a wonderful opportunity and how I can skip the bull**** training at 24fitness or wherever else.

The first month they charge me nothing for rent in the gym. Second month 250 3rd month its 500 and stays 500 from then on. Unless I get over 4 clients a day consistently it goes to 1000 a month. And the trainers there charge 60-100$ an hour its in the most wealthy part of the state as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Wow, Sounds like you have hooked yourself up with a great situation.

The rent is super cheap, what kind of equipment does the studio have and how big is this place?

Just say you build your clientele up to 30 sessions a week at $50/hr. Over a month, if you trained 120 sessions you would gross $6,000.

This would mean (at $500 mo.) you would be keeping 92% of the sessions cost, most corporate gyms pay 40% or even less.

You say they will raise the rent to $1000 and with the previous example this would mean you would still only be paying the gym 17%

I would guess they offer such good rates because it's hard for them to find good trainers, try to sign something to get those rates locked because if you get a huge clientele you could be making great money in a year or so.

Rather than getting a second job, spend a week or 2 and create as much promo stuff as you can (website, bus. cards, flyers, emails) and see if you can get a jump-start right away, it may pay off and a lame 2nd job won't be necessary.
    Last edited by askthetrainer; 05-08-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Thanks for the info ^^^. The gym has lots of equipment and is very bodybuilder and powerlifter friendly. Thay have the chains, boards, chalk stuff goin on. Along with tires to flip, parachutes lots of agility plyometric equipment. Also a great place for the single mom who just wants to lose some weight. It's really an amazng gym.

Hmmm Sounds like a plan. I'm just waiting to be added to the website under trainers so I can start advertising on google adwords, ******** and myspace. Right now I have a craigslist advertisement. I'm ordering business cards and the gym will make my flyers.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Thanks for the info ^^^. The gym has lots of equipment and is very bodybuilder and powerlifter friendly. Thay have the chains, boards, chalk stuff goin on. Along with tires to flip, parachutes lots of agility plyometric equipment. Also a great place for the single mom who just wants to lose some weight. It's really an amazng gym.

Hmmm Sounds like a plan. I'm just waiting to be added to the website under trainers so I can start advertising on google adwords, ******** and myspace. Right now I have a craigslist advertisement. I'm ordering business cards and the gym will make my flyers.
    Just be patient once you start. Train every client 100% and even if your work and their results speak for itself, make sure you ask for referrals.

Let them know you are available to train their friends, you can even offer a free session for referral for added incentive for your clients to refer their friends.

If you're lucky 1 superstar client can bring you 2-4+ clients and you're all set.

Good Luck!
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Awesome thanks! Anyone have tips on good loctations to hang fliers?

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Wow, Sounds like you have hooked yourself up with a great situation.

The rent is super cheap, what kind of equipment does the studio have and how big is this place?

Just say you build your clientele up to 30 sessions a week at $50/hr. Over a month, if you trained 120 sessions you would gross $6,000.

This would mean (at $500 mo.) you would be keeping 92% of the sessions cost, most corporate gyms pay 40% or even less.

You say they will raise the rent to $1000 and with the previous example this would mean you would still only be paying the gym 17%

I would guess they offer such good rates because it's hard for them to find good trainers, try to sign something to get those rates locked because if you get a huge clientele you could be making great money in a year or so.

Rather than getting a second job, spend a week or 2 and create as much promo stuff as you can (website, bus. cards, flyers, emails) and see if you can get a jump-start right away, it may pay off and a lame 2nd job won't be necessary.
    just on your last paragraph askthetrainer, i agree in the ratio of 50/50. I agree with not getting a second job, and just promote yourself for 2 weeks maybe even 3, seeing as your rent is free for the first month. But with all do respect, maybe he can get a second part-time job which he can work to help pay the rent of the gym or his apt. that way, the more he brings in from training, more goes into his pocket. that's what i will be doing, once i get certified, i will work part-time, mostly late evenings and train throughout the day and afternoon. two source of income is not a bad thing. so once you developed yourself, have a consist and profitable income, than you can ditch the 2nd job. but just in the first few months when you are trying to find your feet in the business, make sure you have another source of income, because you can't predict how you will go