NitroSlash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Often To Take Protein Powder?

Hello, I didn't know quite where to put this.

I am new to body building, I have bought "Pro Power Whey Protein", I eat cereal and two cooked meals a day, I know you take the protein powder after your workout, but I am doing double split training, do I take the powder twice a day or once after the final workout of the day?

Is it dangerous to take it twice a day?

Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's definately not dangerous because loads of people take one in the morning and one post workout...I know this wasn't the point of your topic but..why you doing split day training? With the description of your eating it doesn't seem like you would be eating enough calories to be training twice a day.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

I prefer double split so I have more energy later on in the day, I started doing lots of stuff in one session and got too tired, this way, I stay more fresh. I am very energetic and determined.

Should I take the protein powder after each workout or just the last one?

Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just use protein shakes to top up on you're daily intake from food. Thats what they're meant for.

EDIT: Also, yes have a shake after your workouts too
    We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

~ William Ralph Inge

will the protein have the same impact if I take it only once a day after my second workout or would it have a better impact if I take it after each workout, so twice in one day?

Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well the more protein you get the better, so technically it would be better for one after each workout but I don't think it will make a huge difference
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) correll28 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you should take it after each workout, because each muscle thats broken by lifting down needs some fast protein to start repairing itself and getting stronger
    Official Misc. Linebacker

VOTE FOR RON PAUL...VOTE FOR USA

I rep back

Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NitroSlash View Post
    will the protein have the same impact if I take it only once a day after my second workout or would it have a better impact if I take it after each workout, so twice in one day?

You're confusing me now. Research your daily protein needs, and eat good food to cover both that as well as your other nutritional needs. I tend to take in about 1.5-2 grams of protein per day per pound of bodyweight. You could do the same.

As for post workout supplementation. Yes, it is ideal to take a shake directly after a workout.

It is not a case of "do I have a shake once a day? twice a day?" You take what you need to top up your protein intake you already get from food, in order to achieve your required dose of it. I sometimes took as much as 4 shakes a day, along with other weight gainers before. Just switched it about, depending on what I needed.
    We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

~ William Ralph Inge