Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X Ab Ripper X

Alright, so i've been doing the Ab Ripper X workout from P90x for almost two weeks now and I already have some awesome results. I was just wondering how often you all workout your abs. I've been working out every other day to give them one days rest. Just curious that's all.

Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deonne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do it twice a week, search this question on the forums because there are alot of threads with it.

I do p90x one day then the other i do a lower rep scheme one, like 10-15.

that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50) that.bloke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by spmartinbsu View Post
    Alright, so i've been doing the Ab Ripper X workout from P90x for almost two weeks now and I already have some awesome results. I was just wondering how often you all workout your abs. I've been working out every other day to give them one days rest. Just curious that's all.

do you do the entire p90x workout or just regular weights+ abripper x?

kiddepue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to do abs every other day, now i've decided to just do the P90X Ab Ripper at the end of my work outs M/W/F after seeing the results a good friend of mine got. Did the P90X yesterday and i think this will work out relatively well for me. I'd recomend it to others.

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What kind of "awesome results" can you possibly achieve in just two weeks???

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tmac4919 View Post
    More effort then normal= fat loss. He doesn't look all that fat to begin with so going from 11% to 9% would seem like you sprouted a 6 pack.

TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheSplat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, the OP is correct. I've been doing the ab ripper x for 3 weeks now MWF and have had great results too. I wouldn't say "amazing" results, but definitely noticeable.

spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spmartinbsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by that.bloke View Post
    do you do the entire p90x workout or just regular weights+ abripper x?
    I only do the ab workout. i say awesome because this workout works the entire core. and so by awesome i mean "holy crap i'm working all my abs" and "yes i have seen results in two weeks." everytime i do the workout i feel like i've really accomplished punishing my abs because these are mostly exercises i haven't heard of or done before

EDIT: "More effort then normal= fat loss. He doesn't look all that fat to begin with so going from 11% to 9% would seem like you sprouted a 6 pack."

i had been working abs before, but i notice more definition after these workouts definitely because of more effort.
    Last edited by spmartinbsu; 05-07-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I only do the ab workout. i say awesome because this workout works the entire core. and so by awesome i mean "holy crap i'm working all my abs" and "yes i have seen results in two weeks." everytime i do the workout i feel like i've really accomplished punishing my abs because these are mostly exercises i haven't heard of or done before

EDIT: "More effort then normal= fat loss. He doesn't look all that fat to begin with so going from 11% to 9% would seem like you sprouted a 6 pack."

i had been working abs before, but i notice more definition after these workouts definitely because of more effort.
    That's basically what I said. More definition= less fat covering your abs. My post was a reply to the poster above me, the way you said result sin your original post made it seem like you believed you gained a ton of muscle in your abs in 2 weeks. I was just saying what your results actually can be attributed to.

Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pat369 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you got any before and afters

i'll post an after in the morning, although it has only been two weeks. and yea pex i never claimed to gain all this muscle i was just saying that it's an awesome workout, i really like it, and i have noticed change however much it may be

Chasing that 405 Bench msm172021121's Avatar
    msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    never work abs directly but i get enough out of them from deads, bp, pullups, etc. i have little definition tho, im happy with it but if you wanna be super lean and defined id hit them at least once or twice a week.
    " When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful".

Here's a little before and after. In the before i was still working my abs but it was before i started Ab Ripper X.

April 12 - May 8 Last 2 weeks on Ab Ripper X

I can't wait to develop the lower abs better, but I'm more than happy with the results so far!

EDIT: oh and by the way, that's my roommates side of the room. he's moving out tomorrow
    Last edited by spmartinbsu; 05-07-2009 at 11:46 PM.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    P90X Ab Ripper X is ****.

Originally Posted by Josef_Rakich View Post
    P90X Ab Ripper X is ****.
    have you actually tried it?

have you actually tried it?
    Yeah you look like you cut up a bit, might just be lights/camera angle but formt hese pics you look a bit leaner in the 2nd one.

echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) echoenyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

Hmm, are you also following the diet, or just the exercises?
    I have all of p90x and p90x+, but have only tried the kenpo and the ab workouts due to lack of equipment.
    (ab ripper x is hard!) ouch.

But good progress pics,
    maybe I should get back onto p90x, tear up my abs a little.
    Awesome Traderz List:

soundcheck129
    TheStiffmeister

MP's COMBAT Powder Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117408321

Bodyforge/Cryoshock Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=116681081

Herbal Incense Guide
    www.herbalincenseguide.com

congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) congos83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished P90X... honestly the Ab Ripper X is the only workout I skip and replace with another one I found off ther interweb. Seems like I feel it more in my hip flexors and legs more than my abs which wasn't desirable (even tho Tony Horton says it's ok). I do get great results from the rest of P90X (check bodyspace), but there's nothing magical about it. I just like how it steps u thru each day of the workout.

offtopic: these constant theme changes are killing me LOL

monkeymojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I just started p90x last Sunday it is a tough workout but man the Ab ripperX is a killer!

I just started back on track with hitting an all time low.... I am 34 and time flies and some priorities are put on hold until you wake up one day and realize what has happened SO here I am in High school I weighed@ 175# senior year and now 16 years later @ 275 MY goal to weigh 185-200

I had to start back sometime Here it goes.......

hey good luck man i hope everything goes well and you achieve your goals! To answer a question earlier no, i'm not following the diet. I am literally only doing the Ab Ripper X workout from P90X. I'm not following any other part of it. Basically, though, my diet doesn't include anything carbonated, or junk food of any sort (candy, cookies, etc...). After only two weeks of eating like this I've found fruit to be a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth. the first two weeks of drastically changing your diet i believe are the hardest, but after that it gets easier. For me, everything started with Lent, when i gave up snacking between meals and decided to only drink water. I went from 177 to 163-165 at the end of lent which is when i took that first picture. For the last two weeks now i've been lifting hard and keeping my diet in check. I'm not much for the whole bulk and cut thing i'm just looking to add lean mass. the weights in both of those pictures are the same, 165, but in the second one i definitely have burned fat and replaced areas with lean muscle. the first three exercises in ab ripper x really do work that hip flexor area most, but after that it gets really intense with the abs, and i like being pushed by someone (although it's a video in this case) to keep up and work hard. i don't pause the video or anything i just keep up as best as i can and it goes by really quick. Some people like it, some people don't. i like it, i feel like it works, and next time i take a picture i'll try to do it from the same angle as my most recent one.

EDIT: oh yea, i hope nobody thinks that this is the ONLY thing i'm doing. i've been lifting every other day, and will soon add some running on the weekends. Also, if anyone is wondering currently i'm taking AST Micronized Creatine, ON 100% Whey Gold whatever, Once Daily multi, fish oil, super vit. B complex, and zmassPM.
    Last edited by spmartinbsu; 05-08-2009 at 08:00 PM.

steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steve weiser has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like to switch things up, so i tried the ab ripper for a few weeks. I got pretty much no results lol, BUT i started doing the new tony p90 guy routine.. i think it's called ten minute abs? and from that i felt way more burn and it really got my core involved.

Ultimately though i stopped doing both routines and went back to my weighted ab routine. I think the ab ripper and ten minute abs routine is good for someone who rarely does abs/core work. But it was more tedious for me. I still cycle it once in a while though.

well, i guess it depends on how you do the exercises because i can definitely feel the squeeze on certain ones and i really feel like it works my abs top to bottom

jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What exactly is the P90X Ab Ripper X workout?

kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100) kiieerroonn is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking

Originally Posted by congos83 View Post
    I just finished P90X... honestly the Ab Ripper X is the only workout I skip and replace with another one I found off ther interweb. Seems like I feel it more in my hip flexors and legs more than my abs which wasn't desirable (even tho Tony Horton says it's ok). I do get great results from the rest of P90X (check bodyspace), but there's nothing magical about it. I just like how it steps u thru each day of the workout.

offtopic: these constant theme changes are killing me LOL
    yeah, i noticed that when i first started.. after a while you learn to focus on your abs more then you see even better results--well, that's just me. ab ripper x on/off for a few months, just getting back into it..

igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) igodv2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by monkeymojo View Post
    I just started p90x last Sunday it is a tough workout but man the Ab ripperX is a killer!

I just started back on track with hitting an all time low.... I am 34 and time flies and some priorities are put on hold until you wake up one day and realize what has happened SO here I am in High school I weighed@ 175# senior year and now 16 years later @ 275 MY goal to weigh 185-200

I had to start back sometime Here it goes.......
    I was in 8th grade and weighed 200 then i always thought 200 was a fine weight that'd i grow into it well my junior yr. i said enough is enough i weighed 250 and now here i am 7 months later i weigh 195 and trying to get down to 170
    "Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    I rep back

nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by tmac4919 View Post
    I've always been skinny, but after P90x for 2 weeks there definitely more tone in my abdominal muscles.

I feel like you will make very large gains in the beginning but it begins to plateau very quickly so you have to work very hard to actually reach anywhere near the end of your goals.

Noahs40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ab ripper

I realize this response is years old but I thought id share anyways. A couple summers ago I decided to do just the ab ripper x every other day for a month to see how it worked and I noticed great results. Far better than any type of ab machine at the gym. As far as diet at the time id say I was about 80% or so with being strict.

ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100) ALANHB is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Noahs40 View Post
    I realize this response is years old but I thought id share anyways. A couple summers ago I decided to do just the ab ripper x every other day for a month to see how it worked and I noticed great results. Far better than any type of ab machine at the gym. As far as diet at the time id say I was about 80% or so with being strict.
    I am agreed with you bro

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Noahs40 View Post
    Post some 'before' and 'after' pics to demonstrate your great results.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

GunnahGaar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can do abs 1 or 7 days a week... but its all about diet and low BF.... its the key