redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Newbie Gains advanced question

Are newbie gains a function of time when doing the lifts properly? or does a diet play in a role in starting the the newbie gains timer?

for example,

a person lifts correctly but does not eat optimal. his strength does not go up as much, does he run out of newbie gains time just because he is doing the lifts properly? or do they just stall until he eats properly?

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's neither of those and it's not a time-based condition. It's loosely based on development level, ability to progress and recovery. For awhile, you'll be able to progress strength levels workout-to-workout and have fast recovery capability to take advantage of higher (3x/week) per-part frequency. As you develop more muscle and higher strength levels, then rapid increases and recovery ability diminish. There's no specific defining point but a guideline "around" 1.25x/bw bench, 2x/bw squat is where you might see some of these declines.

Best you can do (as advised in your other thread about this), lift heavy, eat an adequate surplus over maintenance. This list is a good starting place: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151032123

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    You've already gotten a great answer so I don't feel bad laughing that you put newbie and advanced in the same sentence.
    Experience, not just theory

redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redzone98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    It's neither of those and it's not a time-based condition. It's loosely based on development level, ability to progress and recovery. For awhile, you'll be able to progress strength levels workout-to-workout and have fast recovery capability to take advantage of higher (3x/week) per-part frequency. As you develop more muscle and higher strength levels, then rapid increases and recovery ability diminish. There's no specific defining point but a guideline "around" 1.25x/bw bench, 2x/bw squat is where you might see some of these declines.

Best you can do (as advised in your other thread about this), lift heavy, eat an adequate surplus over maintenance. This list is a good starting place: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151032123

Wow, thank you, best answer.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    You've already gotten a great answer so I don't feel bad laughing that you put newbie and advanced in the same sentence.
    IDC you are laughing. if you look at my last thread before this, you can see why I had to make such a title. this whole post was completely based off strategy because there are a lot of jackasses on this forum

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by redzone98 View Post
    IDC you are laughing. if you look at my last thread before this, you can see why I had to make such a title. this whole post was completely based off strategy because there are a lot of jackasses on this forum
    Not sure if you are referring to the posters in your other thread as jackasses. They all gave you the same answer, which was correct. So did SkydogGinsberg in this thread. You seem to be getting your feelings hurt and getting defensive very quickly. Just relax dude.

In many cases, if you ask a question and veteran members on this board ignore your question and give you general advice instead, it is because your question was overthought/inapplicable. This was the case with this question. Those posters tried to do you a favor by telling you not to worry about it, eat and lift.
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Not sure if you are referring to the posters in your other thread as jackasses. They all gave you the same answer, which was correct. So did SkydogGinsberg in this thread. You seem to be getting your feelings hurt and getting defensive very quickly. Just relax dude.

In many cases, if you ask a question and veteran members on this board ignore your question and give you general advice instead, it is because your question was overthought/inapplicable. This was the case with this question. Those posters tried to do you a favor by telling you not to worry about it, eat and lift.
    lol I am relaxed, it seems as though that is the only rebuttal on this forum.

the posters in my other thread didn't answer the question at all. they went out of their way (which I didn't ask for) to give me what they thought was the best advice which was to have a good diet instead of doing the ketosis "****".

one even suggested that there is no advantage ketosis has over mod carb diets with calorie deficits. this is not true in my experience and I have done ketosis twice and mod carbs multiple times. however even then my reasoning for keto is not only fat loss inspired, no one knows about my body being sensitive to carbs and me having acne outbreaks. ketosis clears up everything for me and allows me to settle in carbs slowly and cleaner if done right which prevents acne for me until I break discipline.

in many cases, a veteran's general advice is much appreciated, but a lot of times posters have put a lot of thought into their question. a lot of research prior to posting the thread has been done. maybe the correct words weren't found to do a comprehensive search on google, however a great deal of thought on what to do has been done, and sometimes a direct answer to the questions asked would be nice.

i understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, it's just that the answer I got here was what I was looking for versus all the other "just do this instead of all that crap" answers.