Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000)

Pain behind collar bone when shoulders pushed down, and forward.

I have been having a slight issue where I get a little pain right behind where my collar bone stops towards the shoulder. It sorta feels like its in the trap. I don't get any pain when I and lifting from any exercise, just when I try and push my shoulder down and forward for a most muscular type pose. I can feel it tense in the area, slight pain, and like something needs to be popped.

It just sorta started happening slowly still not very bad feeling just want to take precautions if it might be something I need to start stretching, and looking out for. Been doing some towel stretches for the past few days, and it seems a little bit better.

Any other information on what it might be, and any other precautionary measures I might try? Helpful posts will be repped.
    Do not demand that which you cannot take by force.

Ex fat guys club. From 345 to 225.

Metalhead

Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000) Justin Buchana is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bumping this to see if anyone can help.

I am now doing RC exercises, and broom stick stretches.

Also I did some behind the back shrugs for a week or 2 with high reps stretching upwards at the top and just the bar. I could the pain when I did this, and shortly after the pain went a way for a couple of weeks, and I quit doing them. Now it is back though thinking of trying them again.

Metalhead

HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the subclavius is what makes the collarbone (clavicle) come down and out. its generally tender to the touch (you can feel it if you dig under the collarbone).

im by no means an expert, the doc would know better.

Originally Posted by HopefulDO View Post
    the subclavius is what makes the collarbone (clavicle) come down and out. its generally tender to the touch (you can feel it if you dig under the collarbone).

im by no means an expert, the doc would know better.
    That is the motion, but they were saying it is generally mistake for back pain? Where the pain is in the supraspinatus area, but when I am using a motion that is involving the subclavius. So I dunno.

From all the research I am doing I am hoping that it is just my Supraspinatus being sorta tight, and that the RC workouts will help. I get no pain in it in workouts, just when pulling my shoulder forward, and when I do a shrugging motion with the bar behind my back.

Metalhead

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could have some minor A/C joint problems. Could even be just "misaligment" of that joint. Sometimes this happens when the traps (or costal head of the SCM) pull up on the collarbone, thus pulling it slightly out of alignment (called a subluxation). I've had this myself. Soft tissue work to the affected muscles will knock it out if that's what you have.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PuR3NaTuRaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have had this for months now and im now off training to rest it, any advances please wold be appreciated
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Originally Posted by PuR3NaTuRaL View Post
    i have had this for months now and im now off training to rest it, any advances please wold be appreciated
    I've been doing several things these days to keep my shoulders in health. Face pulls, push ups, internal rotations, external rotations, FOAM ROLLER WORK, broomstick shoulder dislocations, and stretch stretch stretch. So far I've been doing great with those modifications to my plan. Also any time I do a pushing lift I superset it with some type of reverse movement like pull ups, or reverse flys, springs.

Metalhead

JDS121289 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same kind of thing

This sounds like what I have, from what I understand it is some what common, however don't ignore it like I did for a long time.
    So what I have that causes the pain which feels like it is somewhere between the traps and collar bone. My anterior scaline muscle is far to tight from lack of stretching. well this muscle connects to the 1st rib (which rests in this strange area) and being to tight in the neck will pull it out of place like in my case. hope this helps I would stretch your neck and avoid things that hurt it. consider seeing a doctor I got this information from a physical therapist I work with.