BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lower Leg Injury - Advice?

I've seen a doctor about a lower leg injury. I run about 8km every 2nd night. I wear good shoes and have never had a leg injury before.

The pain is on the lower right leg, but on the "inside", instead of the front (shin) or back (calf). Inside meaning the left side of my lower right leg, not really inside the bone. It used to be too tender to touch. The location was about 3-4 inches above the inside ankle bone. Now it still pains but the external tenderness is gone. I feel some pain when walking up stairs, and always with running. The doc ran x-rays and ruled out bone issues and said it was a sprain. This was more than a week ago. He told me not to ice the leg but gave me a week's worth of an anti-inflammatory that starts with I, not sure I remember the name since the bottle has been tossed last night.

What do you guys think could be the problem? Am I too impatient thinking that the pain should be gone by this time? I need to get back into running and full leg workouts!

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BogSniper View Post
    I've seen a doctor about a lower leg injury. I run about 8km every 2nd night. I wear good shoes and have never had a leg injury before.

The pain is on the lower right leg, but on the "inside", instead of the front (shin) or back (calf). Inside meaning the left side of my lower right leg, not really inside the bone. It used to be too tender to touch. The location was about 3-4 inches above the inside ankle bone. Now it still pains but the external tenderness is gone. I feel some pain when walking up stairs, and always with running. The doc ran x-rays and ruled out bone issues and said it was a sprain. This was more than a week ago. He told me not to ice the leg but gave me a week's worth of an anti-inflammatory that starts with I, not sure I remember the name since the bottle has been tossed last night.

What do you guys think could be the problem? Am I too impatient thinking that the pain should be gone by this time? I need to get back into running and full leg workouts!
    You need to give it time man, you tossed the inflammatory med? I would take that and just take it easy on the leg til it's recoverd full. You don't want to let it heal a little bit then run on it and have a lasting injury. Just take it easy for a while.
    "He's a good athlete! I want his dick in me!" ~~~ Quote from the Goose ~~~

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=374307121&posted=1#post374307121

DRMc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like posterior shin splints. No biggie. Just take it easy for a week or two. How long have you been running regularly? You may have increased your distance or intensity too quickly. Posterior shin splints can result from over pronating. Even if your shoes are good, they may not be the right ones for your feet. You may need shoes with some degree of motion control.
    Anyway, just rambling now.
    Take a few days off, ice it a few times a day and take some naproxen.

BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogSniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn't toss the anti-inflammatory meds, I just ran out... he only gave me a week. I didn't really change anything... perhaps it mighta been an increase on the leg press? I don't really know... I did increase weight significantly on the leg press during my leg workouts.

You don't really realize how much you appreciate your muscles until you can't use 'em!

I didn't toss the anti-inflammatory meds, I just ran out... he only gave me a week. I didn't really change anything... perhaps it mighta been an increase on the leg press? I don't really know... I did increase weight significantly on the leg press during my leg workouts.

You don't really realize how much you appreciate your muscles until you can't use 'em!
    Ok, the sprain was gone for a long time. It seems to not really be back, but aches. There's no pain, but I have an aching there off and on, letting me know that something's still around. It's still in on the right leg, on the inside lower part about 1/3 of the way up from the ankle.

The tenderness left, a bruise appeared 2 weeks later, is now gone, and the tenderness disappeared. Now, the tenderness is back but just mildly.

How can I cure this?? I have a fitness test for a police service in a week!

Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's probably not going to completely go away in a long time. If you keep agitating it, it will appear to linger on. Throughout my experience of leg injuries as a basketball player, I'd say treat it with care.

Originally Posted by Koncept View Post
    It's probably not going to completely go away in a long time. If you keep agitating it, it will appear to linger on. Throughout my experience of leg injuries as a basketball player, I'd say treat it with care.
    It's just so frustrating when I can't do full leg workouts STILL... Maybe I should be getting physio?

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's just so frustrating when I can't do full leg workouts STILL... Maybe I should be getting physio?
    It wouldn't hurt to see what a physical theraphist had to say man, especially if it's still aching.
    "He's a good athlete! I want his dick in me!" ~~~ Quote from the Goose ~~~

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=374307121&posted=1#post374307121