paul1232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick question is this strong for my age?

Hi, basically i have been arguing with my friend at the gym whether or not my arms are strong so it is a noob question but what the heck, im 20 years old and my friend is 28, i dumbell curl 6 sets of 8 reps on 28kg (62 pounds) i curl a barbell of 55kg ( 120 pounds ) for 4 sets of 6 reps, i deadlift 300 pounds for 3 sets of 6 reps without a belt or straps or anything, i just wear normal clothes whilst doing it, also i military press 70kg ( 155 pounds ) for 3 sets of 8 reps, Im not claiming to be really strong for my age, but My friend insists that i am not that strong he says i am weak, but nobody my age or near my age in the gym lifts these weights so, do these lifts show im strong or weak for my age?

Mensch Status Achieved samsuperjew's Avatar
    samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weak..... but who cares? just start pling.... if you use curl as a way to measure strength, you have along way to go

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strong for the average person off the street? Sure.

Strong for a powerlifter? No.

And don't post what you curl, noone in this section cares.
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) byronsru24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paul1232 View Post
    Hi, basically i have been arguing with my friend at the gym whether or not my arms are strong so it is a noob question but what the heck, im 20 years old and my friend is 28, i dumbell curl 6 sets of 8 reps on 28kg (62 pounds) i curl a barbell of 55kg ( 120 pounds ) for 4 sets of 6 reps, i deadlift 300 pounds for 3 sets of 6 reps without a belt or straps or anything, i just wear normal clothes whilst doing it, also i military press 70kg ( 155 pounds ) for 3 sets of 8 reps, Im not claiming to be really strong for my age, but My friend insists that i am not that strong he says i am weak, but nobody my age or near my age in the gym lifts these weights so, do these lifts show im strong or weak for my age?
    No. Here's a 20yr old deadlifting 860lbs. No belt, or straps or anything

But he only does it for 1 rep lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKWa...x=0&playnext=1

My advice, join a real gym.

paul1232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your feedback guys i appretiate it alot , im brand new to the site , sorry for saying bicep curl i didnt know that was bad on these forums , yea im very weak for a power lifter but i only got an olimpic bar 2 months ago and i will take your advice and pile on the weights

RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My only advice would be to continue doing what you are doing, except quadruple the amount of bicep work you do. Studies have shown that massive bicep strength has a strong correlation to being felated by throngs of sexually active females. In addition, it is extremely important that you keep non bicep exercises to an absolute minimum. Studies and common sense tell us that any lower body movement will negatively affect the knee joint, and most assuredly will result in AIDS and eventual death.

It is absolutely imperative that you limit the consumption of whole foods as well. It would be in your best interests to consume 6 protein shakes a day. The best mass and strength gains will come from diets consisting solely of plastic-bottled products that require scoops for distribution. Fruits and vegetables have been consistantly linked to *******ry and sailing, both of which are counterproductive to a decent strength career. Instead, replace these decidedly queer foods with Animal Pak (or other comparable super product) and hydrolyzed whey peptides.

I hope that helps. I can understand what an intimidating and divided community this must seem like.

boys we got problem SquatzAndPuke's Avatar
    SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RyHam View Post
    My only advice would be to continue doing what you are doing, except quadruple the amount of bicep work you do. Studies have shown that massive bicep strength has a strong correlation to being felated by throngs of sexually active females. In addition, it is extremely important that you keep non bicep exercises to an absolute minimum. Studies and common sense tell us that any lower body movement will negatively affect the knee joint, and most assuredly will result in AIDS and eventual death.

It is absolutely imperative that you limit the consumption of whole foods as well. It would be in your best interests to consume 6 protein shakes a day. The best mass and strength gains will come from diets consisting solely of plastic-bottled products that require scoops for distribution. Fruits and vegetables have been consistantly linked to *******ry and sailing, both of which are counterproductive to a decent strength career. Instead, replace these decidedly queer foods with Animal Pak (or other comparable super product) and hydrolyzed whey peptides.

I hope that helps. I can understand what an intimidating and divided community this must seem like.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RyHam again.

lulz were had.
    Loggage:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121377021

"If I have to chew through someone's a$$hole to get to their balls, I will go back for seconds if that means a better chance at winning." -Arlecchino

Half man//\\All Amazing Bigjay10.0's Avatar
    Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigjay10.0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you weigh 125 pounds your a beast

skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skiboy1955 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bigjay10.0 View Post
    if you weigh 125 pounds your a beast
    That is you need to base you strength on ... how much you weigh.
    Age makes no difference, I'm 51 years old but raw squat 500lbs and deadlift 545lbs, but that means nothing if I way 330lbs (I weighed 225 when I did those lifts in a meet, if you were wondering).
    Read a lot of the post here some of the guys are very advanced and others not. try some of the routines using you weights you lift now. Then read more and try more stuf out you'll get stronger. then go to a meet or enter a meet and then learn more.

jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimmyPresc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not bad, Im 18 and can curl 27.5 kg for 9 sets of 8 reps, but bicep curls mean nothing, you need to go for core strength to determine strength, such as deadlift, squat, benching and Overhead pressing, you seem strong enough, keep up your dreams