MurtonRaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to do dumbell curls correctly

when i put my elbow into my stomach and do it they dont just make it ache in my biceps but the bottom on my back kills how can i stop this thanks

Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MurtonRaz View Post
    when i put my elbow into my stomach and do it they dont just make it ache in my biceps but the bottom on my back kills how can i stop this thanks
    Sounds like some sort of core strength deficiency problem...when you have weight in your hands your core is trying to fight against that, but when they're not strong enough to do it your back comes into play.
    5'8'' 207 13 percent bodyfat
    225x26 bench
    11.01 100 meter dash
    90 lb db shoulder presses(x2)
    powerclean 265
    squat and dead maxes to come

17.5'' arms
    47.4'' chest

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude your not supposed to do Db curls like that, at all. Heres what you do.

They are called seated incline alternate DB curls with a twist! Lay back in an incline bench with 2 DB's. Start out with your arms in the hammer style position. Curl each arm at a time until your hand is 4-6 inches from your shoudler. when your at this point curl your wrist. then bring your arm back dwon to the hammer position(thus the twist). This excercise does multiple things for your biceps. First when in an incline bench your arms hang back behing your body. Now for me I feel the most burn in a crula t the begning, so theese maek them really hard. When you alternate you can put more energy into ech rep so you will do more and have better form. The curl at the top pumps blood to your bicep, stops momentum, and works your wrist. The twist also stops momentum and works your forearm. But its main purpose is to work the brachii. This is the msucle on the outer side of your arm between the bicep and tricep. Working it will divide your bi's and tri's and will aslo push up the peak of your bicep and make your bicep look ridgid and taller!
    "Love is a stronger emotion then hate, and I'm all about strength."
    -Big Mike (defending Celine Dion as his choice of workout music).

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)