Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stats: 5'8", 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11327
    Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kaged Muscle's BodySpace
    We are working on this as we speak for an early 2011 launch. Every subject will be placed in tab format to make the site much more user friendly and easy to navigate.

We will also add brief navigational videos to help the user decide what direction to go and why.

Yes, rating, feedback and many other features will also be added during this time.

Thanks for your feedback - this really does help us.

Kris

Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    Kaged Muscle,

One of the best things about Bodybuilding.com is its vast database of articles. One downside, however, is that the amount of content can overwhelm even website veterans. Though I can sort articles based on name, date added, author name, gender and length, I cannot filter articles based on how frequently the article based on usefulness/utilization, something that I think would prove incredible beneficial to those seeking more means-tested information.

Is there any way that the Articles section can incorporate a ranking and/or filter based on the number of links to the article (from the forums), citations (in other articles) or personal feedback? That way, when I search for information on back routines, I can see what members found most useful for their fitness goals. For example, the articles could utilize the star rankings featured in the forums. (Note: I realize that this is probably web 2.0 stuff, so it may not be feasible.)

Thanks for your receptiveness to feedback.

Best,
    Joe
    Kris Gethin

http://www.facebook.com/krisgethin?filter=2#!/kris.gethin.3

wisdom78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wisdom78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great job, keep goin!

Stats: 5'8", 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11327
    Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kaged Muscle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kaged Muscle's BodySpace
    What content would you like to see over Christmas and in Jan?
    Kris Gethin

http://www.facebook.com/krisgethin?filter=2#!/kris.gethin.3

Stats: 5'3", 128 lbs
    jatboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit jatboy's BodySpace

topic

what is the best way to use Creatine Monohydrate,
    no. and amount of dosages in a day, maximum days for which it can be continued (the maintenance cycle). and most important, its working inside the muscle (body).

Stats: 5'11", 174 lbs
    bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bumbaklat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit bumbaklat's BodySpace

Crossfit?

Havent seen any crossfit stuff here....is there?
    www.twitter.com/tw0_t0ne
    www.facebook.com/angelocoates

Stats: 5'10", 243 lbs
    bde10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit bde10's BodySpace
    more Layne Norton period..more articles, videos, shows...just more Layne Norton

Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'8", 165 lbs
    H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000) H4rdGainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit H4rdGainer's BodySpace

Lightbulb Video series idea

Firstly I'd just like to say that I think both the Dorian Yates HIT trainer series and your current Transformation series are two of the best bodybuilding video series I've seen on any site anywhere, so thanks for bringing those to us!

What would be good though would be to see you put someone who has either never trained before, or has been doing it all wrong and getting nowhere, through a mass building transformation on a daily video like the one you did for your transformation.

Preferably go out and find yourself a true ectomorph who can barely lift the same weights as their nan and has no clue about proper nutrition. Take daily films yourselves of the training you put them through and advice you give, but also ask them to contribute a small comment at the end of each day to describe their experience.

Shouldn't be too hard to get volunteers as this kind of personal treatment is not affordable to most people & actually acheiving real muscle gain in only 12 weeks is every ectomorphs dream!

Stats: 6'2", 220 lbs
    nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nol36 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit nol36's BodySpace

Body myth busters

I think you should do a video series of a myth busters type thing except the myths busted qould be all pertaining to supplements weight training and diet topics!

Stats: 6'1", 231 lbs
    BodyPoints: 20
    vansciver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vansciver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vansciver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vansciver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vansciver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit vansciver's BodySpace

Request

1. Supplementation. The dangers of not following proper dosing, etc. For instance, on BCAAs is there such a thing as too much? If not, should it spread out over time? Sure the labels say one thing, but what is the science behind the periodicy of the supplements?

2. Exercise replacements. Due to lack of machines or possible injuries what are some of the key eercises to replace standard ones? I use standing hamstring curls - no standing machine, but what can you use? Romanian DLs?

Stats: 5'11", 182 lbs
    BodyPoints: 111111
    JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JohnHardesty has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JohnHardesty's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by bde10 View Post
    more Layne Norton period..more articles, videos, shows...just more Layne Norton
    COMING SOON! He's going to be working a lot more with us on expert supplement and training videos! Excited to get some amazing, scientific content for you guys from the Doctor!
    John Hardesty
    Vice President & Publisher
    Bodybuilding.com

Helping our visitors reach their health, fitness, and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation.

Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    bruninhu is not very helpful. (-500) bruninhu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Visit bruninhu's BodySpace
    I am going to be a personal trainer and i would like to read some articles in how to start your pt carrer

I would like to write an article myself I have a lot of diferent ideas like HIT for beginners and intermidiate trainees as well as many others,I am trying to write an article for some months now and I didn't give up so I hope you read this

Registered User Trans4mersPrime's Avatar
    Stats: 5'5", 127 lbs
    Trans4mersPrime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Trans4mersPrime's BodySpace

More Training Series!!

I <3 the 12 Week Video Trainer by Kris Gethin. I loved that we got to follow him "day to day" through the 12week transformation; it shows newbies like myself it is achievable, I find it very motivating!!!!

I request more training series in a similar daily format following a female. I would also be interested watching someone completely new to the world of body building do a 12week transformation. Then possibly watch a few more pro's go into contest prep.

All in all I love the videos on this site, so PLEASE keep them coming; the 360's are such a brilliant idea!!!!

Stats: 6'4", 262 lbs
    cmmumpower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cmmumpower's BodySpace
    So grandfather passed away and was going through stuff. Found a men's phycique may from 1951 with reg park on cover and 1 from 1953 awesome ****

Stats: 6'4"
    krete is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit krete's BodySpace

Work out according to size

Hey there,

There is one thing I always have been curious about: do work outs change according to your height? You see, I have been training with this guy (he's 5'9 and I am 6'4) for a while, and I know exactly what he takes as supplements - nothing much different then myself. He is taking NO Xplode (as opposed to Purple Wrath for me), regular creatine, ON whey protein and ON casein, just like me. However, he's been growing like hell, and we spot each other all the time, train until failure, and so on. We constantly help each other and make sure we use proper form. We eat healthy food often, a fair amount of protein through chicken, horse meat and fish, and still... he is the one getting more gains. He has been lifting more and more, as I have gain much slower.

Right there, I am starting to wonder if it is because he is smaller than I am, in terms of height. I am aware that it makes a difference, but how big is that one? I would like to know if there has been any studies on that, research and such. It would be interesting to see if a work out is supposed to change wheter you are tall or small, and how weight/muscle/mass gains according to the forementioned.

Thanks!

Stats: 340 lbs
    RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RLBadKarma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit RLBadKarma's BodySpace
    How about some more up to date info on supplements and diabetes? There are a lot of people jumping onto the gyms who are totally lost in what can help and what can hurt.
    SEAL Team 6 - When you care enough to send the very best!

If all the worlds a stage, I want to control the trapdoor.

Stats: 5'10", 131 lbs
    walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) walkinglytote is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit walkinglytote's BodySpace
    I'm somewhat of a beginner and the main reason I use this site is the exercise guide. I think this section could use some details about the pros and cons of each exercise, and more exercises that use resistance bands.

Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnickandyT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit GnickandyT's BodySpace
    Crossfit and Insanity articles would be cool... also maybe a true comparison of the "top appetite stimulants", you know us diehard BULKERS are always fighting the high caloric intake lol!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    John Wooden

Stats: 6'0", 176 lbs
    JAHlift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit JAHlift's BodySpace
    Should finish the 360 video article on rich gaspari

Stats: 5'4", 240 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3831
    XCricketX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit XCricketX's BodySpace
    MOMS!!!! A 12 week trainer for Moms! Women who have carried babies and Women who haven't are two different creatures physically.
    I'm currently on the 4th week of your "hardcore" trainer series. I've had triplets and watching a person like me transform would be AWESOME... actually, I'm currently enjoying watching myself transform, and it IS AWESOME!!! I'm really starting to get a fan club of other heavy set beginner mommies too... so I KNOW this is something others would love to see! Also... I second the nutrition graphs/stats for our profiles, just like the lifting/bodystats.

Stats: 6'1", 183 lbs
    mikey1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit mikey1968's BodySpace

Videos

How about stating which part of the muscle group is being hit eg this particular excerise hits the outer side of the bicep or this particular excerise hut the long head if the tricep, you get my drift.

Stats: 5'10", 256 lbs
    kmbuech will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmbuech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit kmbuech's BodySpace

Hardcore 12 week Bulking video series!

I'd like to see kaged do another series about how he bulked up to his size. A series which I would use to bulk up during the winter season after i finsished his hardcore 12 week cutting series.(which is amazing btw go kaged!

I would also like to see Bodybuilding.com hire an average Joe, actually 2 average Joe's....one that was 250lbs + and one that was a under 175 and do a 12 week cut and bulk with cameras etc. and record the whole thing so us average or unfit people can see normal results. It'd be cool to have a personal trainer maybe kaged or layne train both that fat guy and the skinny guy at the same time and see the results. first series would be skinny guy bulkin and fat guy cuttin, then after fat guy was skinny and skinny guy was buff there could be another series of them doing the opposite to get actual good physiques. and I'd love to see the fat guy lose weight the right way so he isn't one of these lose 100lbs in a summer mtv kids that still has titties.

just my 2 cents, any video series with kris or layne is a must watch imo
    It's just advice.

Stats: 6'2", 170 lbs
    wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wllhawkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit wllhawkins's BodySpace
    I would like to see articles on the benifit of group fitness classes, specifically on some of the Less Mills programs.
    Also more aritcles for hardgainers. Diet, workouts, and motivation would be great. Lots on here about weight loss hard to find on weight/muscle gain.
    Articles for 30 somethings, mid 30's myself and did not get back into the gym untill I was 29. The articles are great for younger 20's bout the 30 year body is way different than that of younger members.
    Y'all do a great job keep it and thanks for listening to out ideas, that's what makes this site so wonderfull.

Stats: 5'11", 245 lbs
    Ronnie4863 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Ronnie4863's BodySpace

being sick sucks

So why not help a bro out and give some good good advice on what to do when your sick so you don't turn into a beached whale after two weeks of the flu. Nutrition ideas would be stellar

Stats: 165 lbs
    zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zBonecrusher is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit zBonecrusher's BodySpace

Comeback from sickness?

Id love to see an artical or video of how to bounce back from sickness. Got food poisoning and didnt eat for two days, been out for a week, i definitely lost some weight. Like to see what to eat or do to bring my energy levels back and stretch my stomach back out so i can eat like i use to.

Stats: 6'0", 147 lbs
    butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) butchersof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit butchersof's BodySpace
    I like what i'm reading
    www.aqhosting.net - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Domain Names, Web Design

Stats: 5'2", 128 lbs
    Dignerds is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Dignerds's BodySpace

Post surgery

Could you write an article on how to prepare and what to expect after a surgery with general anesthesia? My trainer had me lean down the month before surgery after a two months of building muscle. I'm recovering and he changed my diet from 5 whole meals to 3 meals with two small snacks. I learned on my own that your body especially my stomach is swollen and will take weeks to go away. I read online that the body's metabolism increases when it's healing so I should not worry about not working out because I will still be burning calories? Do you have something with actual facts?

Stats: 3'7", 170 lbs
    profamer is not very helpful. (-500) profamer is not very helpful. (-500) profamer is not very helpful. (-500)
    Visit profamer's BodySpace
    I would like to see an article addressing how the body adjusts to caloric intake over time.

Stats: 5'11", 178 lbs
    dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcmomentum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit dcmomentum's BodySpace
    Video series competition, between a few or more competitors.

Group of less than competition ready individuals are given an opportunity to learn from a pro and all train to compete in the same show.

Obviously get corporate sponsors and whatnot..

Stats: 6'2", 208 lbs
    hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) hawks12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit hawks12's BodySpace
    I think a good idea would be articles helping/motivating people coming back from injuries. Giving suggestions, tips, or routines to get people back to where they would like to be while being safe on the recent injured body part. I know it can be very hard for some people to stay motivated while staying away from the gym to rest/heal the injury. I think it could help users stay connected with working out and give them good ideas on how to get back..safely.

Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    boben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit boben's BodySpace
    whatever, thx you guys, you do the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2