Cali Kyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fat loss plateau

i have been dieting for about a month and a half now but i have resiliently hit a plateau in my weight loss i was losing about two pounds a week. i have been stuck at 174 @ 9% BF for the past week, my diet is in check i could provably eat a little less i run about 30 miles a week (4 miles a day with 6 on my day off) the reason i do so much running is i am deployed in Iraq and there is nothing else to do on my time off work. i am heading back to the states in the middle of June and would like to loss another 8 pounds im shooting for 5% to 6% BF. Dose anyone have an advice on what i could do to kick up the fat loss again? below is my diet and work out plan.

630am
    3 whole eggs
    1 peace of wheat bread
    2 servings of fruit

930am
    1 serving of nuts
    1 serving of jerky
    1 protein shake

1230pm
    8oz peace of grilled chicken
    1 serving of greens
    1 serving of fruit

330pm
    1 protein shake
    1 scoop of peanut butter

work out
    4 mile run

1 protein shake
    1 serving of raisins
    1 scoop of peanut butter

sun: legs
    mon:chest
    tue: bies and tris
    wed:back and shoulders
    thur:chest
    fri: bies and tris
    sat: no work out just cardio

dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dormuth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5% to 6% BF? I don't think thats healthy

makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cali Kyle View Post
    i have been dieting for about a month and a half now but i have resiliently hit a plateau in my weight loss i was losing about two pounds a week. i have been stuck at 174 @ 9% BF for the past week, my diet is in check i could provably eat a little less i run about 30 miles a week (4 miles a day with 6 on my day off) the reason i do so much running is i am deployed in Iraq and there is nothing else to do on my time off work. i am heading back to the states in the middle of June and would like to loss another 8 pounds im shooting for 5% to 6% BF. Dose anyone have an advice on what i could do to kick up the fat loss again? below is my diet and work out plan.

630am
    3 whole eggs
    1 peace of wheat bread
    2 servings of fruit

930am
    1 serving of nuts
    1 serving of jerky
    1 protein shake

1230pm
    8oz peace of grilled chicken
    1 serving of greens
    1 serving of fruit

330pm
    1 protein shake
    1 scoop of peanut butter

work out
    4 mile run

1 protein shake
    1 serving of raisins
    1 scoop of peanut butter

sun: legs
    mon:chest
    tue: bies and tris
    wed:back and shoulders
    thur:chest
    fri: bies and tris
    sat: no work out just cardio
    well, are you building muscles? because if you are building then you won't see much weight loss difference. Also, have you tried high resistance/intensity workouts? And also in the beginning losing weight is very easy, but then it gets harder as your body is moving toward less total bf%

Jamesnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jamesnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could try a week off the diet, I've done this before with good results, your body starts to get used to being well fed again instead of being limited.

It can't hurt and it's mentally good to have some cheats every once in a while

Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jamesnz View Post
    You could try a week off the diet, I've done this before with good results, your body starts to get used to being well fed again instead of being limited.

It can't hurt and it's mentally good to have some cheats every once in a while
    +1
    You are starving your body, looks low calories to me.
    I know it is hard to eat over or at maintenance for a while, but you must not let your body to adapt.

Originally Posted by makeitwork View Post
    well, are you building muscles? because if you are building then you won't see much weight loss difference. Also, have you tried high resistance/intensity workouts? And also in the beginning losing weight is very easy, but then it gets harder as your body is moving toward less total bf%
    i am trying to stay at the same muscle size i also have been monitoring my BF% and that has stopped decreasing at the same time my weight did. yes i have tried HIIT the first two time is tried it i didn't stretch well enough and pulled muscles. i was thinking that i would start doing at HIIT section before work first thing in the morning and a normal run at night. i also understand that its easy in the begging to lose wight and i expected it to get harder im just trying to figure out what i need to lose the rest of this weight. Am i eatting to much? or some of the wrong stuff?

Originally Posted by Spacehead View Post
    +1
    You are starving your body, looks low calories to me.
    I know it is hard to eat over or at maintenance for a while, but you must not let your body to adapt.
    so what you are saying is you agree with jamesnz and eat bad for a week to kind of trick my body then get back into it then my body inst used to the eating and the work out that i am doing now? if thats the cause why wouldn't i get my diet the same and just add more cardio if my body is used to the cardio that i do now if i add more my body wont be used to it and it will have to adapt by losing the remainder of my weight right?

Originally Posted by dormuth View Post
    5% to 6% BF? I don't think thats healthy
    5% to 6% is perfectly healthy when you start getting under 4% then there some problems 2%-3% is essential body fats. so the 5 to 6 range is wear you look great but not to skinny.

Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000) Spacehead is just really nice. (+1000)
    if thats the cause why wouldn't i get my diet the same and just add more cardio if my body is used to the cardio that i do now if i add more my body wont be used to it and it will have to adapt by losing the remainder of my weight right?
    You are not using steroids or prohormones? What about stimulants?
    If you are using those chemicals, just increase their dose a bit to get to your goal.

But if you are natural, I think it is good to take a break from starving diet and eat healthy , but calories at maintanance or little over it. You then give your body enough energy to restore it's hormonal and metabolic functions. You could loosen a bit the training. Good deep streching with proper breathing technique (1h-2h, 2 days a week)would be good, to get blood flowing in everywhere.

Get plenty sleep too.

Originally Posted by Spacehead View Post
    You are not using steroids or prohormones? What about stimulants?
    If you are using those chemicals, just increase their dose a bit to get to your goal.

But if you are natural, I think it is good to take a break from starving diet and eat healthy , but calories at maintanance or little over it. You then give your body enough energy to restore it's hormonal and metabolic functions. You could loosen a bit the training. Good deep streching with proper breathing technique (1h-2h, 2 days a week)would be good, to get blood flowing in everywhere.

Get plenty sleep too.
    yeah they only thing i take is protein and an appetite suppressant so im all natural for besides the appetite suppressant. you are saying stop running and working out for a week also and just do the stretches you talked about? I seems easy to do it just dosnt seem like it would have a positive effect but ill give it a try and let you know what happens.

you are saying stop running and working out for a week also and just do the stretches you talked about? I seems easy to do it just dosnt seem like it would have a positive effect but ill give it a try and let you know what happens.
    Just loosen a bit on exercise, so you don't have to eat very much. I would count the calories so it is easier not to eat too much.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reduce calories, that's all, I'd take out the peanutbutter and nuts as they are high in calories and easy to overeat.

caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm surprised no one has pointed this out: You've only been plateud for a week... hardly a plateau, if it is one at all.

However, I use to hit the 25-30 mile marker and was losing about 2lbs/week. Needless to say, running this distance puts a huge amount of stress on the body. I simply cut out 75% of the running, ate at maintenence for a week, then resumed a caloric deficit with the smaller run load and voila. Something to try. Replace some of the running sessions with lifting too, that's what I did.

Originally Posted by caa5000 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has pointed this out: You've only been plateud for a week... hardly a plateau, if it is one at all.

However, I use to hit the 25-30 mile marker and was losing about 2lbs/week. Needless to say, running this distance puts a huge amount of stress on the body. I simply cut out 75% of the running, ate at maintenence for a week, then resumed a caloric deficit with the smaller run load and voila. Something to try. Replace some of the running sessions with lifting too, that's what I did.
    there was another guy that said something about this to i just dont see how it would work eat more, work out less and loss wieght. i understand that you are trying to trick you body but dose it make that big of a difference on wieght loss when you start running agian? also as far as the wieght training i already lift 6 days a week befor my cardio so the lifting is already there.

johnyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 protein shakes a day???

is it a bit too much?

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is not a plateau. Don't change a thing. It's very possible that you just had slightly more water in your system last time you weighed yourself.