sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)

I lost 15 pounds !

174 to 158 or so. and I look and feel fatter then ever. IN fact I feel MORE FAT NOW. How did i loose the weight? I did walking on the tredmill 30 minutes / 3.1 mph / 6.5% incline for 3 days a week. I also lifted what I felt was pretty hard 3 days a week. I ate mostly meats and I felt I was getting enough protein so why do I have all this FAT on me and I lost all my muscle.

WTF is wrong with me that I can only target muscle glycogen and not FAT cells for energy!!!
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you probably need more carbs and or fats

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it has to do with your diet. what was your diet like? if i had to guess it was too few calories and not enough protein. how fast did you lose the weight?

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by goodfella0729 View Post
    it has to do with your diet. what was your diet like? if i had to guess it was too few calories and not enough protein. how fast did you lose the weight?
    around 90g of protein a day. I lost it over... 2 - 3 months
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    90g of protein is pretty low. you should be up around 150g at the minimum. what was your calorie totals? i think your calorie intake was probably the main reason for muscle loss.

Originally Posted by goodfella0729 View Post
    90g of protein is pretty low. you should be up around 150g at the minimum. what was your calorie totals? i think your calorie intake was probably the main reason for muscle loss.
    90g is fine according to A LOT of research out that. one Gram per Killio gram not POUND
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

Grimmjowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Post pix for comparison.

Might just be mental. Personally, I know that when I went from being slightly heavier to getting pretty close to my target weight, I started to notice and feel every pound little pound moreso than I did. The weight just seems to stand out more than it did.

Also feeling fat mostly comes from what you are eating. If I only take in 2000 calories in a day, but it's from greasy burgers or something, I still feel fat, even though I've technically lost weight.

Or you coulda lost muscle. It's possible you lost both muscle and fat and the loss of muscle causes your fat to stand out more, though it seems unlikely that you'd lose that much muscle just from a small protein deficit, if anything you'd only see meager gains rather than bigger gains, as opposed to actual losses.

Or your scales are broke.

Take your pick.

makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    174 to 158 or so. and I look and feel fatter then ever. IN fact I feel MORE FAT NOW. How did i loose the weight? I did walking on the tredmill 30 minutes / 3.1 mph / 6.5% incline for 3 days a week. I also lifted what I felt was pretty hard 3 days a week. I ate mostly meats and I felt I was getting enough protein so why do I have all this FAT on me and I lost all my muscle.

WTF is wrong with me that I can only target muscle glycogen and not FAT cells for energy!!!
    the first 10 pounds you lose are usually the easiest to lose due to mainly water weight, and also, it's both building muscles and some cardio and proper diet. what type of meals do you eat? how often do you eat? like 3-6 times a day for example. And do you drink or smoke? It's overall, and it takes time too.

Originally Posted by makeitwork View Post
    the first 10 pounds you lose are usually the easiest to lose due to mainly water weight, and also, it's both building muscles and some cardio and proper diet. what type of meals do you eat? how often do you eat? like 3-6 times a day for example. And do you drink or smoke? It's overall, and it takes time too.
    Its been proven over and over that spacing out meals have NO effect. I was eating Chicken Salad and Chicken Wraps. VERY low carb one week. A week before that I was doing subway chicken sammiches and form time to time a Wendys Chicken Sammich but always under maintenance level. Never trans fats.

my calorie range was 1500 - 1800.
    Last edited by sxgt; 05-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its been proven over and over that spacing out meals have NO effect. I was eating Chicken Salad and Chicken Wraps. VERY low carb one week. A week before that I was doing subway chicken sammiches and form time to time a Wendys Chicken Sammich but always under maintenance level. Never trans fats.

People have been telling you what is wrong with your program and you spout off about research that only you have seen. If you want help then you should listen when it is given to you..... if you knew everything then you wouldn't be asking why you feel more fat now than you did before.

Spacing out meals DOES in fact keep your metabolism up when you eat 2-3 hours apart.
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I guess its more mental now. You say you lost 15 lbs yet you feel fatter? Anyone who have lost that much weight will feel lighter. You must post your diet and the exercises that you do so we can see more what is wrong. You may have been lifting weights but you are not doing it right and not doing the right number of reps per muscle group and the target sites with fat is not that exercised.

Can you post a before and after look pls.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It must have been your diet. Possibly not good pre/post workout nutrition. As said by others, we need more detail about it to help you out. Best of luck.
    I rep back everyone

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cardioking View Post
    People have been telling you what is wrong with your program and you spout off about research that only you have seen. If you want help then you should listen when it is given to you..... if you knew everything then you wouldn't be asking why you feel more fat now than you did before.

Spacing out meals DOES in fact keep your metabolism up when you eat 2-3 hours apart.
    This is incorrect. Metabolism has no affect on meal spacing. Studies have completely disproved this. It is beneficial though because it makes you less likely to binge eat because you always have food in your system and don't have the hunger affect.
    I Rep back always. Put it in comment.

500+ will 100% get repped back.

Life Progress

Started: 279lb 43% body fat
    1st Cut: 191lb 16% body fat
    1st Bulk: 231lb 26% body fat
    2010 Summer Cut: 193 10% body fat
    Bulking Currently 202 13% body fat.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations, you are now skinny fat. Put on some muscle. Seriously, at 5'10" you should be able to pull 180 with 10% bf easily.

LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuNkEr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pics, or i cant believe this unless u havent touched a weight.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jay24k View Post
    This is incorrect. Metabolism has no affect on meal spacing. Studies have completely disproved this. It is beneficial though because it makes you less likely to binge eat because you always have food in your system and don't have the hunger affect.
    I have never seen any of these studies. I can't possibly fathom how eating 1- 1200-1600 cal meal in a day is going to keep your metabolism up throughout the day. Granted I think they will both make you skinny.... I think that spacing them out will do more for the quality of your body and not just your weight.
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

well its obivious the OP knows what hes doing since everything people have said he has come back with how he is right for doing it his way. so then this thread is useless, OP keep doing what your doing its working., great job.

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)

That's the calorie range for females on a serious cut.

use fitday, only eat 1 cheat meal a week and you will lose fat, not muscle.

I agree with the suggestion of pics. The camera will not lie. However, if you have body dismorphia and cannot see yourself properly, it may take some time to sink in that you did actually lose fat.

On any cut, you can lose +/- 3% lean muscle when lifting ( it's around 7% if not lifting and building new muscle). I doubt you lost that much muscle to account for all 15 pounds. Don't forget body weight can fluctuate by 10 pounds.

Up your protein, say consistent on diet and lifting. The fat will come off slowly.

body compisition>>>> body weight
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted by Deborah_Lyn View Post
    That's the calorie range for females on a serious cut.

use fitday, only eat 1 cheat meal a week and you will lose fat, not muscle.

I agree with the suggestion of pics. The camera will not lie. However, if you have body dismorphia and cannot see yourself properly, it may take some time to sink in that you did actually lose fat.

On any cut, you can lose +/- 3% lean muscle when lifting ( it's around 7% if not lifting and building new muscle). I doubt you lost that much muscle to account for all 15 pounds. Don't forget body weight can fluctuate by 10 pounds.

Up your protein, say consistent on diet and lifting. The fat will come off slowly.

body compisition>>>> body weight

my body weight does not fluctuate by 10lbs ive never been that way , I might have at the MOST a 3 pound change in a day based on weighing in constantly.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000) R.Mutt is just really nice. (+1000)

I know this isn't the Misc .....but

This tread started off good....

Then

Starting Weight 270

//Artists Guild of the Misc//
    **Traditional Wet Shaving Crew**
    [A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW
    ~Misc Shaved Head Crew~
    ~Chew Crew~ (Former Member)
    **Always Pick 7 Crew**
    Forever Cutting Crew
    ***Pee with bladder/pelvic floor vertical and parrelelliar to the wall crew***
    *WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

That is right. I negged the hell out of a T-Rex. I said "Wow, strong arms, *******." -CementPizza

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It could be all in your head.

When people (including me) start transformations, they don't really look at themselves because they are disgusted with what they see. As they get further and further into their program, they start to look at their imperfections more and more instead of their improvements.

Have you kept track of the important measurements: BF%, neck/chest/shoulders/arms/waist/hips/thighs/calves? These measurements better show progress then just "weight."

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

around 90g of protein a day. I lost it over... 2 - 3 months
    90 grams x 4 calories per gram in protein = 360 calories.

hmm...what do you mean by "mostly". i hope you didn't mean "only." you need carbs for energy (or get your energy from fats) & fats for various hormonal reasons, as well.

anyway. there's no reason you should feel frusterated. you have to remember that you're @ this for life & probably won't see dramatic results by the summer if you have a lot to lose. in retrospect, you may have wanted to start your transformation earlier. but having started it in the 1st place is the most important thing.

anyway. for the 1st few weeks, as others have said, the scale will probably fluctuate all over the place. i read the other day that when you lift, your blood gets heavier or something. (PLEASE, no negs. i don't know the correct quote.) but something about blood plasma thickening or something, which leads to an increase on the scale. also, carbs can make you retain water, which will add to the scale. same w/ feces & piss. ... hahaha; which is why you should always weight yourself 1st thing after you get up on an empty stomach & after you do your bathroom stuff.

anyway. you've probably just lost water in this 1st week & not really any fat or muscle. you've probably ... emptied out your intestines of all of the crap you used to eat.

also, 30 mins 3x this week is a measly drop in the bucket. diet is everything. cardio is secondary.

also, lol, don't worry. you are indeed targeting fat cells. relax.

lastly, as someone else has stated, it's probably all in your head. you probably shouldn't be weighing yourself more than once a week. also, maybe forget about the mirror & focus on how your clothes fit. THAT, my friend, is the ultimate guide. it's clear evidence. crystal clear.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    hmm...what do you mean by "mostly". i hope you didn't mean "only." you need carbs for energy (or get your energy from fats) & fats for various hormonal reasons, as well.
    Wait, how does someone eat 1500-1800 calories of mostly meats and only get 90g of protein? There is about 1100-1400 calories missing.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jay24k View Post
    A lot of it is more to keep a good nitrogen balance with protien consumed every 2 to 3 hours.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sooo what your doing isn't working...but you won't try new things to see results, just listen to broscience from various "studies" you think came across, way to go chief.

One thing I?m not sure most of you realize, unless its done by the government or an ivy league style university, most "studies" are biased influenced BS produced by people paid to recieve the results they got, or get their names published.

Stick to the hard facts and use common sense.....i.e. your body and what it is or isn't doing.

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cardioking View Post
    I have never seen any of these studies. I can't possibly fathom how eating 1- 1200-1600 cal meal in a day is going to keep your metabolism up throughout the day. Granted I think they will both make you skinny.... I think that spacing them out will do more for the quality of your body and not just your weight.
    I'm so tired of people spouting their personal opinion and not doing research. For your metabolism to be affected it takes DAYS for it to slow down of not eating, not hours. This is when starvation mode kicks in.

Feel free to google or search some articles at your library. I've done a few since you have been unable to. The ones who state their is an effect have no proof or studies to back up their claim and is the biggest hype/myth.

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtyti...ism-myths.aspx
    http://madelynfernstrom.ivillage.com...ism-myths.html

Life Progress

Who cares about the stupid metabolism thing? The reason that eating smaller meals is better is because it prevents binge eating.

At least when I say stupid things, I say right off the bat that they are stupid things, lol.

Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Khachikp86 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    those studies are based off what kind of research? They are not credible by any stretch of the imagination.

If I don't eat anything for 6-8 hours, the next meal I eat will be stored as fat unless I burn it off. FACT.

nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Khachikp86 View Post
    those studies are based off what kind of research? They are not credible by any stretch of the imagination.

If I don't eat anything for 6-8 hours, the next meal I eat will be stored as fat unless I burn it off. FACT.
    Its on the intranett, its gots to be true!

Originally Posted by Khachikp86 View Post

What? Food doesn't automatically get stored as fat. This is about the lamest broscience I've ever read lol. Wow the ignorance in this thread is amazing.

/thread fail.

Life Progress