littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000)

Bob C: "No more prejudging"

It last month's Flex and on PBW, Bob C. predicts "the end of prejudging at pro shows." His argument is that prejudging is needed for amateur shows because they can have 100 or more competitors and they need a system to narrow the posing field for the evening show. At a pro show with 30 or fewer competitors, they could combine the two events (prejudging and finals) into one show. Prejudging can be a bit dry without the full posing routines, and the finals don't count towards placing so it seems pointless.

The counter-argument is that two-part shows sell more tickets, and vendors get more foot-traffic with the prejudging event in place.

As somebody who attends many shows throughout the year, I would love for them to get rid of prejudging. I enjoy a good contest as much as the next guy, but trying to attend morning and evening shows eats up your entire day. I'd support a ticket price increase for the night show if it meant I didn't have to head to the theater twice in the same day. And if it's rough on the spectators, it's even worse on the athletes.

Prejudging: should it be eliminated? WILL it be eliminated?

Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emmortal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree, it's pointless at shows like the Arnold and Olympia.
    Welcome to thunder dome, bitch.

NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickSpinnat03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One part show sounds like a decent idea to me. Either way I think we need a more unified way of doing things...maybe I'm off but I think I remember watching some shows where they came in one by one for kind of a 2 minute free posing thing with music, then to the callouts, and other shows where they lined everyone up for quarter turns and decided the call outs from that. Correct me if I'm wrong, is there really not a specific way of doing things for all shows?

MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MesoPeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People should get used to it and stop complaining for having two day shows, ex O. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I mean, what's with all the whine these people are making? I think prejudging is actually great and should be retained, actually it gives excitement to the crowds and suspense till the night show which I think is good for this sport. Some say because of too many athletes competing, why don't they put up multiple shows in a year to give these new bodybuilders opportunities to show off their physiques. Perhaps they are being lazy or idk LOL.

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreed
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by littlearm View Post
    It last month's Flex and on PBW, Bob C. predicts "the end of prejudging at pro shows." His argument is that prejudging is needed for amateur shows because they can have 100 or more competitors and they need a system to narrow the posing field for the evening show. At a pro show with 30 or fewer competitors, they could combine the two events (prejudging and finals) into one show. Prejudging can be a bit dry without the full posing routines, and the finals don't count towards placing so it seems pointless.

The counter-argument is that two-part shows sell more tickets, and vendors get more foot-traffic with the prejudging event in place.

As somebody who attends many shows throughout the year, I would love for them to get rid of prejudging. I enjoy a good contest as much as the next guy, but trying to attend morning and evening shows eats up your entire day. I'd support a ticket price increase for the night show if it meant I didn't have to head to the theater twice in the same day. And if it's rough on the spectators, it's even worse on the athletes.

Prejudging: should it be eliminated? WILL it be eliminated?
    this would be a huge obstacle to overcome
    War against epigenetics.

yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000) yzrider400f is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it wont be "eliminated"

they just combine the pre-judging and night show

some amateur shows do this

littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000) littlearm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Speaking from a spectator point of view: The Olympia is a big enough event that it can support two separate rounds. The expo is a decent size, and you're in Vegas so you can do Prejudging Friday night, play all day in Vegas and then go to the Finals. But for a show like the Ironman: it's at the Convention Center downtown, close to NOTHING. If you want to go anywhere interesting after prejudging you risk losing up to an hour getting out and an hour coming back. It's just a logistical pain.

If there was no other way to run a contest, then you wouldn't see people complaining (and I don't think Bob is "whining" about prejudging; he's looking for ways to improve the system). But I agree with him: there should be a way to combine the two events into one and make the entire show run smoothly and perhaps more accessible to the general public.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No way.

Prejudging is in no way, shape or form a dead giveaway for how competitors are going to place. Usually they dry out with diuretics and nail the conditioning between the day and night shows.

Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr. Shoulders will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pre judging is where the actual judging occurs...How can that be eliminated???
    Mr. Shoulders

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think they need to keep it fluid though, i enjoy when they come out on their own and hit the mandatories and then the callouts. But i say do away with the relaxed quarter turns.

Taking away the prejudging will destroy what little chance up and coming guys have to break out. If they are rushing through comparisons, they are just going to call out the big guys and then like all the little ones at the end in one big group and just go "ok ur 8th, ur 9th, ok number 12 ur 10th, guy on the left ur 11th".

I say keep the prejudging but get rid of the quarter turns

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    they need to drop the night show IMO

Make prejudging THE EVENT. Seeing as thats what is judged.

im sick of watching f'ing routines for 3 hours that are totally homoerotic 90% of the time.

i say back to doing shorts and not thongs, back to judging the way it should be, and back to posing the way it should be
    keep it simple, keep it basic, keep it heavy
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com

caslad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    prejudging cant be eliminated workin pros throughout the callouts tests there prep and conditioning

Originally Posted by Mr. Shoulders View Post
    Pre judging is where the actual judging occurs...How can that be eliminated???
    To clarify:

Most bodybuilding contests are split into two separate events, which have separate admission tickets to attend. There is is the "Prejudging" which is usually in the morning or the night before, and then the "Finals" in the evening. Prejudging is when the competitors do all the mandatory poses and have all of the comparisons; this is where the actual judging takes place. The Finals are when the athletes do their individual routines set to music. In some contests they compete for a "Best Poser" award, but the Finals usually have little or no effect on the placings.

Bob isn't suggesting to get rid of the prejudging round- he's saying it should be combined with the evening show. One event, one ticket to get in. There would be the round of mandatory poses, then the comparisons, then the athletes would immediately go into their individual routines.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by yzrider400f View Post
    it wont be "eliminated"

they just combine the pre-judging and night show

some amateur shows do this
    ^^^

i think that's what he meant. You gotta have comparisons among the bodybuilders. Can't just have posing routines and then posedown, lol

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wilwn View Post
    this would be a huge obstacle to overcome
    You dont need to have a prejudging to have an expo...
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by caslad View Post
    prejudging cant be eliminated workin pros throughout the callouts tests there prep and conditioning

Do it at night when there is a full audience, not 100 people at the prejudging
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lowerthefever View Post
    No way.

Prejudging is in no way, shape or form a dead giveaway for how competitors are going to place. Usually they dry out with diuretics and nail the conditioning between the day and night shows.

what are you smoking???
    Last edited by d16daily; 05-06-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    "A big guy don't need floor poses... that's only for midgets."

-Lee Haney

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would prefer it to just be a night show, good idea Bob!

worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) worker07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by littlearm View Post

Yes I believe that will be a hurdle, if the sponsors / vendors think money could be lost.

But I'm all in favor of combining them into one show. This would make it harder to justify a win for a competitor who shows up clearly worse than his competition under the bullsh*t reasoning that he "improved for the night show".

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get rid of it or combine it cus competitors shouldn't come in good or bad in the prejudging, then come in for the night show better or worse. Whatever you come in should be the way you place.

That way, the vendors and sponsors could sell their products all day at the expos and people could attend those, then head on to the night shows. They don't even have to be "night shows", they could start at sometime later in the day at like 5-6PM or even earlier. That way, you could at least have some time to talk to or meet the pros after the show and ask them what happened.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    id love for it to be combined in the npc and ifbb
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    have your pre-judging at the night show also? that way the night show doesnt feel like a waste for placings
    "it's alright man, you can laugh. I laughed when you walked in" - Jay Cutler
    ««•Power stance, BOOM•»»
    **Husker Football Nation**

caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like how they do things, keeps the suspense and gives time for the Bodybuilders to improve or worsen.
    "I'll take my experience along with the results of hundreds of other pro's I know, over some research any day."

Pro Bob Chick

StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StinkerX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Judging is a joke anyway. It's totally subjective and the judge can prefer whatever physique he likes.
    The Zeitgeist deception
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvv_Zq5TLVs

Oceania was not after all at war with Eurasia.

Get saved before it's too late: www.christkeep.com

The bible is RIGHT!

morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morderstwo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think it will be a good thing. it will provide more consistency in conditioning so competitros wont be desparately trying to lose 20lbs before the nightshow. 'peaking' procedures will be less complex & less dangerous.

Originally Posted by StinkerX View Post
    Judging is a joke anyway. It's totally subjective and the judge can prefer whatever physique he likes.
    troll replies are a joke anyway. theyre totally subjective & the troll can write whatever he likes.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "single show" concept trickle down in amateur shows as well. There's a certain "informality" in pretty much all of the contests I go to in Los Angeles. There usually is no emcee, and sometimes you won't even know what weight class is on stage. There is very little connection to the audience. As a result, people are wandering in and out of their seats the entire time, standing up and chatting with buddies and blocking the stage. So even though prejudging is where all the meat of the competition is, it's not very spectator-friendly.