type-a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help! Headaches from creatine??

Hey guys, I am not new to supplements and just started a cycle of creatine in April. I was using Animal Pump and I thought it was pretty good, but last week I started getting throbbing headaches in the front of my head. I thought that the only thing that could be causing the headaches was the Animal Pump, since it was really the only new supplement that I started taking. I stopped taking it in adddition to doing what my doctor said, take some excedrin. After I did these things the headaches went away, and in order to continue with the creatine I got some neovar instead. A few days after I started taking the neovar I started getting head aches in the back of my head ( I have it as I type right now). Now I do not understand what is going on, is it the creatine???? I really doubt this could be it, but it is the only thing I can think of. My water intake is excellent, and my diet is spot on, I am utterly confused and thoroughly annoyed (by this headache)right now. Tomorrow I am returning the neovar and buying plain jane mono, if this does not change anything I am done with the creatine. Any input is appreciated and advice is appreciated, thanks in advance

ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    type-a, are you getting any rashes or itchy at all?

i recently found myself allergic to acesulfame potassium, and or sucrolose. green magnitude is loaded with it, which gives me terrible head aches and occasional rashes, but my phospagen HP doesnt (has carb heavy sugars).

are u alergic to sulfa drugs by chance? ive read they arent related, but also read of people being allergic to both.

Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by type-a View Post
    Hey guys, I am not new to supplements and just started a cycle of creatine in April. I was using Animal Pump and I thought it was pretty good, but last week I started getting throbbing headaches in the front of my head. I thought that the only thing that could be causing the headaches was the Animal Pump, since it was really the only new supplement that I started taking. I stopped taking it in adddition to doing what my doctor said, take some excedrin. After I did these things the headaches went away, and in order to continue with the creatine I got some neovar instead. A few days after I started taking the neovar I started getting head aches in the back of my head ( I have it as I type right now). Now I do not understand what is going on, is it the creatine???? I really doubt this could be it, but it is the only thing I can think of. My water intake is excellent, and my diet is spot on, I am utterly confused and thoroughly annoyed (by this headache)right now. Tomorrow I am returning the neovar and buying plain jane mono, if this does not change anything I am done with the creatine. Any input is appreciated and advice is appreciated, thanks in advance
    Whats your water intake look like? You might not be hydrated enough

TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500) TheGasBomb is not very helpful. (-500)
    Drink water!!! Creatine is going to soak up all the water into your muscles so you are going to need more water to keep yourself hydrated.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Acetyl-CoA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There was a study that claimed creatine was a GABA(c) antagonist and therefore promoted/induced epileptic seizures. Maybe this user is more sensitive because of this.

But more likely (and my first reaction to title) is that the OP is dehydrated.

And just an FYI: As I'm sure the second poster can attest, if you are allergic to Acesulfame-k and/or sucralose, you are going to have an IMPOSSIBLE time using powdered bodybuilding supplements. So look to pills or to food, if that's the case.
    Disclaimer: The above statments represent my own opinion. The above statements do not constitute medical advice.

ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZombieClive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hell yeah, it sucks. its weird though, because i AM able to take in cytosport 100% whey, which has acesulfame potassium-- but i guess just in a smaller amount.

to the original poster, i would recomment drinking 2-3 diet cherry cokes, or 2-3 powerade zero calorie drinks.

both contain acesulfame potassium, and can tell you if thats the ingredient-- without any of the sports supplements interfering with the test.

type-a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I returned the neovar today and bought a different kind of creatine, the only other ingredient in it other than creatine is vanadium citrate, so I have been eliminating additional ingredients in my supplements. I do not think I am allergic to what you are referring to, I have never really had an allergic reaction to anything actually so I do not think it is that. Also I doubt powdered supplements would be the problem, I have taken them many times in the past and have never had any problems with them, plus my creatine and beta alanine supplements are in pill form. My water intake is certainly not the problem, I drink a very adequate amount of water daily, my piss is always clear or pale yellow. I still have the headache as I am typing this post, I did not go the gym today and tomorrow is legs for me. I will post back up tomorrow and let you guys know what is going on. The only other thing I can think of is lack of sleep, as I had my prom over the weekend and did not get home until very late, though that would not explain last weeks headaches. Tonight I am going to bed AT nine so we will see if this remedies my symptoms at all. thanks for the replies