Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Beer's..getting back to the pack on training journal!

This journal will gives insight on rebuilding a bigger & leaner body with an athletic focus still in mind. My training basically collapased in 2008 (due to injuries, a sporting focus rather than a weight focus and as a knock on effect - lack of motivation). 2009 has been my comeback year and hoping to kick it harder! 2008 wiped out most of my mass gains and an achievement in mass destruction! Dark days and never going to go back..

Anyway back on track....purpose of this journal will track progress, keep me motivated and advice/feedback is more than welcome - I am a sponge and always interested taking on board comments and advice - training is not a perfect science and no white coat & pocket protector for me!

Training is currently in Week 15 and up to Week 12 it was getting the basics right again 'Phase 1'. An intensive overhaul of training and nutrition meant that BF level reduced from circa 14% to 9.5% by April 2009. On the back of this ? chest (+4cm) (arms +2.5cm) and legs (+2cm) all grew. 1st phase of program was to get the basics right and get the body going again.

Phase 2 intends to take this to a new level..so lets start:

Key Objectives of Phase 2:
    Build a bigger athletic based body
    Increase strength and push limits more
    Remain under 10% BF and hit 8% in leaner cut cycles
    Maintain a healthy eating pattern
    Keep fitness as a priority

Current Stats:
    Height 5'10
    Weight 159lbs
    BF: 9.5%
    Chest: 111cm
    Waist 77cm
    Arm: 36cm
    Calves 42cm
    Thighs 56cm

Weight Training Regime:
    Time and intensity are key ? workouts completed morning and fitness in the afternoon (weekdays). With any program weight training reps will vary as with exercises. Most days only have max 1 hour to workout.

Abs are trained at every session Wednesday is a heavier day for them.

Split (Sample):
    Monday:Back
    Tuesday:Chest / Fitness
    Wednesday:Abs / Fitness
    Thursday:Shoulders
    Friday: legs
    Saturday:Arms /Fitness (optional)
    Sunday: Free

Rep Range:
    Rep range: 10, 8, 6, 6.
    For a regular change will cycle: 12, 8, 8, 6, & 15
    Exercises will also change regularly

All the above is a loose concept and open to change.

What went wrong in 2008:
    - Shoulder Injury (rotator cuff- that old chestnut!!)
    - Knee injury from overuse
    - Running became No1 goal and mass just 'fell off'
    - Paid no attention to diet

What are the biggest Challenges:
    -Mass may be comprimised by boxing, running and other sports
    -Don't have a big build naturally so gains are always going to be hard
    -Track record of injuries

Whats working well:
    Reasonable power to weight ratio and love going heavy!
    Dedication to morning workouts and very regimental
    A strong focus on good nutrition
    Fitness is strong and will remain an integral part of this regime
    A good balanced supplement base to compliment nutrition.

What about my meal plan:
    6.15 pre-workout: L-Glutamine, L-Carnatine my prework out mix combination
    7.45 Post- Workout: Protein Shake (BSN Syntha 6 - actually crave it!)
    8.30 Espresso Coffee
    9.00 Snack 1:Sugar free and low fat home made bircher muesli
    9.45 Espresso time
    10.30 Snack 2: 2-3 pieces of fruit, handful of wasabi peas or nuts
    12.00 Lunch: tuna, chicken or meat with salad and veggies & 3 bolied eggs, piece of cheese (full fat & taste!), snack -healthy and unprocessed
    4.30 Snack 3 :Protein Shake / Tuna or salmon
    7.30 Dinner :1 large meat serving , heaps of veggies, salad (not shy to drizzle olive oil!!)
    9.00 L-Glutamine (if body is sore or on fitness days) & Protein Shake

Let the games begin..
    Last edited by wabeer1; 05-05-2009 at 01:51 AM.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    more protein, more often and from food sources

wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000) wabeer1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Monday 4 May 2009

Back Day
    Weight: 159lbs (72kg)
    Workout Time: 50 min & 10 minutes abs

Energy Level:
    3/5 (Body is feeling weird without Luekic)

Notes:
    Burst a blood vessel in my finger last week from DB shrugs (110lbs x2)so finger kinda blue and swollen..wtf! Also, 6 hours of boxing training last week has made me a bit sore and run down - supplements will fix this.
    Energy is improving given a boost in carbs and food.

Excercises:
    Chin-ups 1 set and then stopped - niggling shoulder injury!!
    Seated Row Machine (5 sets, reps: 10, 6,6,6,15)
    Lat Pulldown reverse close grip & front widegrip. as a superset (5 Sets, reps 10,6,6,6,15)
    Bent over rows 93.5lbs/ 42.5kg (4 Sets)

Got to step it up as this workout was average and can achieve more - bit tired today but that is no excuse!

Tomorow legs..lookin forward to this one!!
    Last edited by wabeer1; 05-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Originally Posted by Quickxi View Post
    more protein, more often and from food sources
    Thanks Quickxi -adding more protein (natural sources) this week. Sometimes it's just easy to scull down a protein shake if time poor!
    Live wrong and prosper.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey on those chinups, try going with a hammer (neutral) grip. you can also then adjust by leaning back just a tad so when you pull up, you can aim upwards with your chest. I seem to get the best results that way.

everything else looks good mate, i'll be following.

Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    blast those legs! subbed!

Tuesday 7 May 2009 (Wk 15) - Legs & Boxing

Workout Time: 45 min & 15 minutes abs

Energy Level:
    4/5 - Mood and energy good and hyped up the fact that I actually enjoy training legs

Notes:
    Emphasis is on heavier weights and less reps in the coming month.
    Had not done a big legs session for a week and smashed them today. Was in the mood to feel pain today!
    Squats at 286lbs is a good achievement and looking to get to at 330lbs within 1-2 months, seems resonable
    No knee injury is present which took the better of me last year, so guess I can go heavier

Excercises:
    Squats 5 sets (100kg 220 lbs @ 12 reps, 120kg 264lbs x2 @ 8 reps & 130kg 286lbs @ 6)
    Lunges DB 20kg / 44lbs (x2) 4 Sets 10 reps.
    Leg Extension drop sets (tempo 4 sec extn, 1 sec hold, drop for another 10)
    Seated Leg Curls drop sets (tempo 4 sec extn, 1 sec hold, drop for another 10)
    Calf raises 5 sets 8 reps (100kg /220lbs)

Boxing - Did technique training for 60min, 10 minute bag work & 10min skipping - mental note: training legs complicated boxing as my legs just got another workout I feelin shattered.

Supplements today: 3 servings of L-Glutamine and sampled some Creatine today - toying with the idea of mixing AAKG & Creatine together - will look into this more. Also, 2 servings of Protein Powder and alot of good food so even though I have really burnt alot of energy, feels like I have a replenished my energy.

A good sesh and looking forward to going heavier
    Live wrong and prosper.

blast those legs! subbed!
    smashed them hardcore today and boxing just finished them off!
    Live wrong and prosper.

wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10) wazzu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    keep at it bro. youre sure tp make great progress
    Getting stronger and leaner. The time is now...

KDEAZY777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diet- really good, you are eating the right things and you should be getting plenty of protein with the bsn powder incorporated. Also just make sure and drink at least 1 gallon of water daily that is key.

Workout plan- You are on the right track. Rep range is a little iffy I would suggest warmup then 12,10,10,8. More reps on back and less on chest. Also I would suggest incorporating deadlift into your routein you may be already but that seems to boost testosterone and produce great mass gains but then again if your shoulder is bothering you I would maybe not do that lift. If your not already using wrist straps on back day then get some because that will help tremendously. Also considering your shoulder I would reccomend doing any chest work with dumbells rather then barbell. You can turn your arms in toward your side and reduce the stress to your rotator cuff. Also make sure and Never sacrafice form for weight. All around your training regimine seems to be in the right zone.

Supplements- Good man the syntha protein powder(1) is high quality definitely stick with that. Also L-glutamine(2) is esential and you already know that so good there. Most definitely get on the creatine but not just any creatine the stuff I told you about is the best of the best pretty much -Optimum nutrition creatine ethyl ester powder(3). Also I highly highly reccomend you get on a high quality fish oil(4)!! It will help you recover, support your immune system, and reduce inflamation (especially will help your rotator cuff). Lastly I highly reccomend you get on a high quality glucosamine(5) product (fairly cheap) becuase it supports joint health. Considering your track record with injuries you should take glucosamine to support your joints.

Good work man stay focused and keep doing what your doing you will just continue to get bigger and more athletic.

Your cuz,

-Kdeazy
    BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Wednesday 9 May 2009

Little bit of fitness & abs

Weight: 159lbs (73.2kg) - whoo!
    Fitness Time: 40 min & 15 minutes abs

Energy Level:
    5/5 - Mood and energy good and look forward mid week training break.

Notes:
    Energy and response good.

Exercises
    20 minutes bike (level 10 on spin bike)
    20 minutes rower
    15 Minutes Abs - trained them hardcore!

Looking forward to chest t'mrw..lets see if I can break 100kg /220lbs at 6 reps - stuck at 95kg / 209lbs!
    Live wrong and prosper.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    new avi looks great Piero and shows your excellent progress.

nice work on the leg day and those squats. lunges are so awesome, the pain/burn they create can be addicting (yes, I'm a big fan- either DB or BB)

good luck smashing the 100kg rep mark, just think about a big chest and visualize the push through.

body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) body_designer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deads

Good luck tomorrow. Best day of the week!

Completely agree with KDEAZY777 on the deadlifts. If you want mass I think you need to incorporate these.

I've only started doing deads in the last two months and I LOVE them now that I've got the form down. I can push myself really hard on them and have been thrilled with the increase in my lifts in a small period of time. Also, I can tell how much they are doing for my back and hams. They are really changing the shape/structure of my back and my hams are feeling full for the first time ever.
    We are what we repeatedly do.

Originally Posted by body_designer View Post
    Good luck tomorrow. Best day of the week!

Completely agree with KDEAZY777 on the deadlifts. If you want mass I think you need to incorporate these.

I've only started doing deads in the last two months and I LOVE them now that I've got the form down. I can push myself really hard on them and have been thrilled with the increase in my lifts in a small period of time. Also, I can tell how much they are doing for my back and hams. They are really changing the shape/structure of my back and my hams are feeling full for the first time ever.
    Lookin at trialing deadlifts again - been a long time!! Gotta step it. Appreciate advice and thoughts.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    new avi looks great Piero and shows your excellent progress.

nice work on the leg day and those squats. lunges are so awesome, the pain/burn they create can be addicting (yes, I'm a big fan- either DB or BB)

good luck smashing the 100kg rep mark, just think about a big chest and visualize the push through.
    Thanks Tim re Avi - making some mass progress again, diet tweaks and heavier weights. Was is it so much more fun to go heavy - just get a massive buzz hey

Got a bit to go till I reach your level bud!

Yeh love day 2 pain and lunges really makes a big hit to it! I always seem to use DB and never really thought abot BB - good tip! Did another Boxin and runnin sesh and legs are totally shot today..all good.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Chest Day... Week 15

Thursday 8 May 2009
    Workout Time: 45 minutes (slept in haha)

Energy Level:
    5/5 Feeling pumped and ready to do some damage!!

Notes:
    Both myself and training partner decided to boost weights. Had previously remained at same level but today rose to the challenge and took the prize!!

Exercises:
    BB Bench
    Warm Up 80kg /176lbs X8, 90kg/198 x15!!!, 100kg/220 x6, 100kg/220lbs x6 - F'yeh!!

BB Incline
    4 Sets - 80kg / 176lbs x6

BB Decline
    4 Sets - 90kg /198lbs x6

Feelin realy happy that I am getting back on track!!

Other stuff:-
    Lunch time run - 6ks moderate pace with a strong finish (hills and flat surface)
    Boxing technique 1.20 minutes plus 10 minutes skipping.

Feeling wrecked but happy, bring on the L-Glutamine pre sleep!

Tomorow arms!!
    Live wrong and prosper.

WTF has happened to some of my posts... over all this computer nerd stuff!
    Live wrong and prosper.

Great workout, congrats on getting over that bench hurdle! if you hadn't hit 198 for 15 reps, you'd probaby have gotten a few more reps on those 100kg set good news, solid progress. keep it up buddy.

Originally Posted by wazzu View Post
    keep at it bro. youre sure tp make great progress
    Thanks Mate and good luck with the cut.
    Live wrong and prosper.

nice workouts so far. The leg workout with boxing mixed in must have made you pretty wobbly, lol! Keep it up!

nice workouts so far. The leg workout with boxing mixed in must have made you pretty wobbly, lol! Keep it up!
    Thanks mate -legs are like suffering day 3 pain..calves are really sore. Not the best combo but time restraints as usual..dam!

Looking forward to the weekend and hitting the beach for a swim.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Originally Posted by KDEAZY777 View Post
    Diet- really good, you are eating the right things and you should be getting plenty of protein with the bsn powder incorporated. Also just make sure and drink at least 1 gallon of water daily that is key.

Workout plan- You are on the right track. Rep range is a little iffy I would suggest warmup then 12,10,10,8. More reps on back and less on chest. Also I would suggest incorporating deadlift into your routein you may be already but that seems to boost testosterone and produce great mass gains but then again if your shoulder is bothering you I would maybe not do that lift. If your not already using wrist straps on back day then get some because that will help tremendously. Also considering your shoulder I would reccomend doing any chest work with dumbells rather then barbell. You can turn your arms in toward your side and reduce the stress to your rotator cuff. Also make sure and Never sacrafice form for weight. All around your training regimine seems to be in the right zone.

Supplements- Good man the syntha protein powder(1) is high quality definitely stick with that. Also L-glutamine(2) is esential and you already know that so good there. Most definitely get on the creatine but not just any creatine the stuff I told you about is the best of the best pretty much -Optimum nutrition creatine ethyl ester powder(3). Also I highly highly reccomend you get on a high quality fish oil(4)!! It will help you recover, support your immune system, and reduce inflamation (especially will help your rotator cuff). Lastly I highly reccomend you get on a high quality glucosamine(5) product (fairly cheap) becuase it supports joint health. Considering your track record with injuries you should take glucosamine to support your joints.

Good work man stay focused and keep doing what your doing you will just continue to get bigger and more athletic.

Your cuz,

-Kdeazy
    Thanks for takin the time to help me out - appreciate you thoughts and insight - great stuff here dude.

Yeh scull about 3 -4 litres a day - no fizzy drinks they are evil!
    Creatine - just got some Kre Alkalyn and it's been great. taking this with AAKG and trialing Beta Alainine combo. Set some high benchmarks and only way is to drive heavier weights.
    Fish oil great - fish burps not so hahaha!

Also, next week is deadlift intro week - thinkin this is going to be fun!!

Speak to you later bro
    Live wrong and prosper.

Great workout, congrats on getting over that bench hurdle! if you hadn't hit 198 for 15 reps, you'd probaby have gotten a few more reps on those 100kg set good news, solid progress. keep it up buddy.

Thanks - went too strong too soon and undestimated my strength. 105kg should be the 6 rep target in a couple of weeks. Gotta keep the momentum. Setting some benchmarks in place that should hopefully bring me to the next level within 6 weeks I hope.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Week 15 Arms

Weight: 159lbs (73.5kg)
    Workout Time: 45 min & 15 minutes abs

Energy Level:
    3/5 - Week is catching up with me, heavy weight cycles, boxing and running - body is sore

Notes:
    Still a big drive on hitting heavier weights and managed to push through the tired barrier.
    Running late to the gym -story of my life..
    After workout feeling destroyed!!

Excercises:
    DB Curls 20kg /44lbs x 8 x 2 22.5/49.5lbs x6 , 22.5/49.5lbs x6 , 22.5/49.5lbs x6
    DB Hammer 45 degree - 20kg /44lbs x 8 x 2 22.5/49.5lbs x6, 22.5/49.5lbs x6 , 22.5/49.5lbs x6
    DB Preacher Curl (singles) 17.5kg/38.5lbs x 8 x 3 sets
    Close Grip Bench & Skull Crusher Super set... 37.5kg 82.5lbs x 8, 40kg /88lbs x 6, 40kg /88lbs x 6 , 40kg /88lbs x 6 - totally fatigued!!!
    Tricep Pull Downs
    Tricep Dips with Fit Ball

Abs ..hardcore and no breaks running late!
    Live wrong and prosper.

great workout mate!

for your weight, you are putting up some really good #s. definintely in a good position to do a clean bulk. add another 5kg-10kg of lean mass- should really be kicking some ass then!

good stuff, hope the weekend's been good for ya

great workout mate!

for your weight, you are putting up some really good #s. definintely in a good position to do a clean bulk. add another 5kg-10kg of lean mass- should really be kicking some ass then!

good stuff, hope the weekend's been good for ya
    Cheers bud and looking to still grow - hope new found groove and realise bigger lean mass gains. Body is still hell sore today. No fitness or training till Monday.
    Live wrong and prosper.

Week 16 - Mon 11 May 2009

Shoulders:
    Weight: 162lbs (74kg)...+2kg in 2 bit weeks (perharps to much cake on w'knd)
    Workout Time: 45 min
    No shoulder injury apparent!

Energy Level:
    4/5 - Fired up and getting back to weight training basics!

Notes:
    Had the mental challenge to 32.5kg 71.5lns DB Shoulder press!
    Scaling back fitness this week to allow to focus on weights
    Introducing new workout mix (AAKG, Beta Alanine & Creatine) - weird tingling from Beta Alanine, lets hope this goes soon enuff.

Exercises:
    DB Shoulder Press - 22.5k /55lbs, 2x 30 lbs (8 & 6 reps) & 32.5kg x 6 (broken the drought and has taken 2 months!!!)
    DB Side raises 20kg 44lbs x 3 sets plus burnout set
    DB Front raises 20kg 44lbs x 3 sets plus burnout set
    Shrugs - 4 Sets 40kg (scared of bursting a blood vessel in my finger)
    Military Press S/S Upright Rows - 70kg 154 lbs x 3 sets

No time for abs and keeping weight training a priority.

Tomorow back..introducing new excercises and deadlifts will feature..
    Live wrong and prosper.

New Supplement and training review ? the next 6 weeks commencing 11 May 2009.

Weight Training
    Bottom line, heavy sets to fail for next 4-6 weeks.
    New exercises mixed in this week
    To mobilise gains, fitness drive will be slowed a bit

Following on from the other week, nutrition seems to be tracking ok and have gained back 2 kg in the 2 weeks. Also - Luekic was retired and have toyed with idea of not using anything other than Protein Powder and Glutamine.

The reality is that I do push my body hard and also I exert alot of energy in the sports & Fitness space. Therefore if I am to bring to bring training to the next level ? this will be the plan of attack.

Supplement

A balanced and structured diet will be complimented by the following:-

Pre Work-out
    AAKG - has given me a mild spike in energy and vascularity in the test phase last week. Going to cycle off and on this (4 weeks on 2 weeks off so body does not get too use to it)
    Kre-Alkaylyn Creatine (no loading or bloating but a bit more expensive) -
    also taking it at night. Already realising some strength gains after trial
    Beta Alaninine - no results yet but think it will work in coming weeks (one
    of the other ingredients in Luekic and gives you strength). Kinda weird tingling sensation not a good feeling.
    L- Glutamine -just a given for me and my whole training rests on this
    supplement as I would easily drop mass given this big drive I am on. Great
    for recovery but can make you feel a bit bloated

Post Work-out and night time
    Kre-Alkaylyn Creatine at bedtime (capsule form - sick of powders!)
    Protein Powder BSN Syntha 6 - this stuff is just great and has fast and slow release properties. Heaps better than anything I have ever tried (namely - Muscle Tech Nitro Tech Hard-core was absolute rubbish - saw guts and made me gain fat!)

A return to the good o'l days is what the brief is!
    Last edited by wabeer1; 05-10-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    Live wrong and prosper.

great shoulder workout!

slow-digesting/releasing proteins b4 bed time for the win!

supps look good, keep rocking out.

crazd122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep going bro!