kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How do you deal with freshman year of college?

I eat 5-6 meals a day. At college, my meal plan won't cover this much, plus I have like 500 bucks to spend at fast food places on campus. Could anyone with experience tell me what they have in those shady cafeterias? Obviously it would vary from college to college, but do they have real eggs, fruits, not-disgusting meats? This is what I eat everyday that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm worried because freshman year at the college i'm going to you don't have access to a large fridge, stove, etc. I just don't want to get ridiculously fat.

Whole Eggs
    Oatmeal
    Milk
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Lots of vegetables
    Apples / Kiwis / Blueberries / Bananas
    Steak
    Almonds

Also, do most colleges allow you to carry **** out? I'll probably bring some tupperware and jack a ton of chicken and meat in the morning and just eat it throughout the day.

baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500) baddog671 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Colleges have much better food than what your used to from highschool. Think about it, they are a business, and if their food sucks, you can just drive a minute down the street and get something else...
    "Whether you think you can or can't, you're probably right." -Henry Ford

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

#1 Tire flip all the time deafbrah's Avatar
    deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deafbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i used to live in college dorm where r no kitchen or ref so i bought the camp stove and small ref to cook eggs, steak, chicken. college cafernia food was so gross.

kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kireiray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by redjm View Post
    i used to live in college dorm where r no kitchen or ref so i bought the camp stove and small ref to cook eggs, steak, chicken. college cafernia food was so gross.
    Do you have any links to where I can find said camp stove and small ref? I can get a small fridge and go buy some eggs and meat every week. Probably milk and **** too. I don't think there's even a sink in my room so I don't know where I'd go to wash my cups and ****.. plastic I guess?

Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordan4690 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Be careful some dorm dont allow hot plates

gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabefedota is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You shouldn't have a problem...check out the eating areas for the colleges you visit and just check out what they have...

Chick-Fil-A is a good place to eat if you have those (for your $500 on fast food)...Subway is good, but not as good as Chick-Fil-A
    Last edited by gabefedota; 04-29-2009 at 08:10 PM.

I've been looking for healthy fast food options, yeah.. So does anyone know if they allow you to carry stuff out? Or if they'll notice if you do?

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kireiray View Post
    I've been looking for healthy fast food options, yeah.. So does anyone know if they allow you to carry stuff out? Or if they'll notice if you do?
    I'm sure McDonald's won't mind.

N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kireiray View Post
    I eat 5-6 meals a day. At college, my meal plan won't cover this much, plus I have like 500 bucks to spend at fast food places on campus. Could anyone with experience tell me what they have in those shady cafeterias? Obviously it would vary from college to college, but do they have real eggs, fruits, not-disgusting meats? This is what I eat everyday that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm worried because freshman year at the college i'm going to you don't have access to a large fridge, stove, etc. I just don't want to get ridiculously fat.

Whole Eggs
    Oatmeal
    Milk
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Lots of vegetables
    Apples / Kiwis / Blueberries / Bananas
    Steak
    Almonds

Also, do most colleges allow you to carry **** out? I'll probably bring some tupperware and jack a ton of chicken and meat in the morning and just eat it throughout the day.
    I'll tell you my own experience with college dining. This will obviously vary among different colleges.

1. You can probably eat 3 meals in the dining hall (if you have a 20+ meal plan) and for the other 2 or 3 meals, eat at the campus fast food places and/or find some places to eat nearby. $500 should be more than enough for those extra meals over the semester.
    2. My dining hall has real eggs, fruits, and "non-disgusting" meats. Like I said, this is my own experience but if the college you're going to is anything like mine, they will have a deli type section for sandwiches/wraps, a grill for burgers/fries/grilled cheese, typically two cooked entrees with your protein and veggies, and there's also stir fry and a salad/fruit bar. So basically, you won't get bored of the food any time soon as long as you switch it up and not stick with the same thing everyday.
    3. You really don't need access to a large stove or refrigerator. A mini fridge, and maybe a microwave, and you're good to go.
    4. They will have most of those things you listed and for the rest you can just get them from the supermarket.
    5. They don't care if you carry **** out. Go ahead.

Hope this helped.
    I rep those who make real progress.
    500+

laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    george foreman grill is all u need man. buy one for 30 bucks and get a mini fridge make your own chicken and burgers daily bwtween Dining hall meals
    !Beast Mode!

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin