NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question 40-inch hips & Size 2/4?

L&S: What are your actual measurements?
    Kim Kardashan: I'm 35-26-40. My dress size is a 4 or a 2/4. I wear a size 4 skirt and size 27 jeans.

Source: http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2009/04/919-cover.html

I understand that she is toned-- I think she has a fantastic build-- but how does one squeeze 40-inch hips into a size 2/4?
    Act as if!

Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Haha

Maybe cuz she has a lot of moola to get them tailored? I dunno. I'm 35-28-39 and I haven't tried on jeans in a while (in iraq=can't) but seems a bit of a stretch...literally, hahaha! Maybe she has connections with a company that makes miracle jeans! Due to my bootay I always have to get them bigger and then use a belt because there's always a space in the back.
    Motivation. Dedication. Inspiration. ~ Three words to live by.

There comes a point in your life when you realize
    who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will..
    So, don't worry about people from your past, there?s a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    She probably has her clothes tailored. She's a 2/4 in her waist for sure. Even with her 40" hips, I doubt a larger size would fit anywhere other than her hips.

She is quite tiny - 5'3.

I'm not surprised.

MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000)
    tailored.

its very common for people with money or even ppl jut middle class wages to take their clothes and get them specially tailored to eliminate the butt gap in jeans etc. when they have large hips but small waists.

its actually not very expensive to do that at all.
    ~Proud Army Veteran, proud Army wife, Proud supporter of our military~

"Right now is not your fate, only your state."

"Drink water and drive on"

~Aim for the stars, you might catch a cloud. Aim only for the clouds, you will catch the top of a tree~

~~I love my husband, I love my daughter, I am blessed ever day to have them~~

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NicholeTiffany View Post

I understand that she is toned-- I think she has a fantastic build-- but how does one squeeze 40-inch hips into a size 2/4?
    By shopping at Ann Taylor or Banana Republic. No way in hell she fits into a 27 jeans though. For everyone suggesting tailoring, that's a good idea except that generally you buy the larger size and get clothing brought in. I've never seen a pair of jeans with enough extra fabric to be let out at the hips.

LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 4'11", 34-25-38 and I wear a 2 in my Express jeans...going by that I don't think a 4 sounds too unreasonable.

Cheaper jeans I wear a 5/7, but in nicer/more expensive ones, the size is always smaller based on my experience.
    The question is not "who is going to let me," it's "who is going to stop me?"

with a booty like hers ATG might be at just parallel - HARRYBEAST

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129205301

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    By shopping at Ann Taylor or Banana Republic. No way in hell she fits into a 27 jeans though. For everyone suggesting tailoring, that's a good idea except that generally you buy the larger size and get clothing brought in. I've never seen a pair of jeans with enough extra fabric to be let out at the hips.
    LOL

Of course you don't get extra material!

Obviously just guessing here, but let's say she buys a 6 (for numbers sake) and has it tailored. The waist is taken into a size 2/4 so she says she's a size 2/4. Not entirely lying and she's definitely quite petite.

Given how honest she appears to be about everything else, I doubt this is a lie.

NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post

Given how honest she appears to be about everything else, I doubt this is a lie.
    I don't exactly think she is lying either-- she seems likable and pretty open-- I was really interested to hear how exactly she made that work, tbh.

I've never had anything tailored in my entire life, so I have no idea how that works. Definitely something to look into, given my measurements!
    Act as if!

LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000) LilRed03 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    LOL

Of course you don't get extra material!

Obviously just guessing here, but let's say she buys a 6 (for numbers sake) and has it tailored. The waist is taken into a size 2/4 so she says she's a size 2/4. Not entirely lying and she's definitely quite petite.

This makes sense!
    The question is not "who is going to let me," it's "who is going to stop me?"

with a booty like hers ATG might be at just parallel - HARRYBEAST

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129205301

MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000) MetalMommy is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont actually ever watch this show..i just seen her once lol.

so i dont know.

ahh big butts. ive come to love belts because of them. her 40in can kiss my 44inch ass lol.

ive never been one of those "does my butt look big" im more of a "hell yea i have an ass" lol. i never got why some girls hated having butts, flaunt them, they are sexy!

anyways.

i imagine when you buy more expensive retail too...they want their clients to feel nice and happy.....and might tailor the size 4 to fit the size 6 girl a lil etc. if they know she is oh well loaded with cash and coming in

~Aim for the stars, you might catch a cloud. Aim only for the clouds, you will catch the top of a tree~

I don't exactly think she is lying either-- she seems likable and pretty open-- I was really interested to hear how exactly she made that work, tbh.

I've never had anything tailored in my entire life, so I have no idea how that works. Definitely something to look into, given my measurements!
    IMO clothes rarely fit ANYONE perfectly off the rack and really everyone should be getting most of their clothes tailored. Not that I do this - I wish I did and probably will once I get back into shape.

I don't think anyone can expect a mass produced garment to fit perfectly. If you tailor it, it's just that - tailored perfectly to YOUR body.

Originally Posted by LilRed03 View Post
    This makes sense!
    Really? I rarely do that.

Originally Posted by MetalMommy View Post
    i imagine when you buy more expensive retail too...they want their clients to feel nice and happy.....and might tailor the size 4 to fit the size 6 girl a lil etc. if they know she is oh well loaded with cash and coming in
    That just doesn't make sense.

You can't expand a 4 to a 6 and still call it a 4. It's a 6.

PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz PLANETGETLOW has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LilRed03 View Post
    I'm 4'11", 34-25-38 and I wear a 2 in my Express jeans...going by that I don't think a 4 sounds too unreasonable.

Cheaper jeans I wear a 5/7, but in nicer/more expensive ones, the size is always smaller based on my experience.
    Oh my......

im not saying expand a 4 to a 6. im saying give them a 6 and say its a 4 and they feel better about themself. not all clothing comes with labels on them with the size. especially higher end. not that i have tons of higher end clothing..i rather hate throwing tons of cash on clothes, but i have a few expensive pieces i bought at the boutique directly and they have a small tag with the label on it, but not a size. im not sure why some do that but they do.

i knew a woman that used to do that for a client in germany. of course that woman would of been a lil screwed going to another boutique finding out their size doesnt fit..but sh always thought her usual designer just ran things normally and the other guys ran their sizes smaller

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    L&S: What are your actual measurements?
    Kim Kardashan: I'm 35-26-40. My dress size is a 4 or a 2/4. I wear a size 4 skirt and size 27 jeans.

Source: http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2009/04/919-cover.html

My hips are about 37 inches and I wear a size 36 in guess jeans and and size 2/4 also. Squeeze, not quite more like wiggle a little to get it past the hips.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's believable and sizes vary by designer and lycra is a girl's best friend.

I've got 37" hips and I'm USUALLY a 0 or 2, a 25 in True Religions and a 26 sometimes even a 27 in Guess. I'm a size 0 in Banana Republic (it can be big on me depends on the cut) and Marc Jacobs is even bigger. A size 2 feels like a tent on me.

One of my girlfriends has met her and says she is smaller than what you see on TV. I think she weighs around 120.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 04-30-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000) Finner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MetalMommy View Post
    not all clothing comes with labels on them with the size. especially higher end.
    I don't know what you mean by "higher end," but I've got two closets of Helmut Lang, Roberto Cavalli, Gucci, Prada, James Perse and Dries Van Noten that will disagree with you. LOL!

IN general, the women's sizing thing is absurd. A "zero" sounds better than a "2" a "2" sounds better than a "4". . .god forbid, you should get up to an "8". I think Kim K. is gorgeous, but it was really annoying that she had to mention her clothing size. She's a STUNNING woman - no matter what size she is; cellulite or no cellulite. And the hub-bub about her being airbrushed in other mags? SO WHAT? No one buys magazines to look at someone's frickin' cellulite. They buy magazines to look at beautiful things. If one's self worth hinges on whether a celebrity or model has cellulite or not, they have problems that go deeper than the fat on their ass.

Some of the styles I've mentioned above have odd sizing numbers. James Perse, for example, runs a size 1, 2, 3, 4. . .equivalents of small, medium, large, etc., I suppose.

Dries runs in sizes like 36, 38, 42. . .Prada dress sizes 40, 42, 44, 46, 48. . .Cavalli 38 - 46. . .none of them really make any sense or reflect what a woman is shaped like. No matter how skinny or big I get, I ALWAYS have to have waists taken in so that my hips will fit.

Sizing makes NO sense. And because U.S. "vanity" sizing is the way it is, the number in your clothes isn't necessarily a reflection of your true measurements. Unlike men, who can just go by their waist and length, we've got all kinds of bumps and curves in between. People just need to wear what fits and only use the "sizing" as a reference point.

(Just my rant for the morning. LOL.)
    I am, after all, a heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Harry: Erica, will you be my flesh friend?
    Erica: What the hell is that?
    Harry: Phucicngbuttholemonster!
    Erica: WTH?

My Insanity Experiment: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=495939921#post495939921

JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's true. My measurements are 34-25-40 and I wear a size 2 dress, sometimes a 4 to get it over my hips. As far as jeans, I dont really own any higher end ones, so im not sure. But if the jeans are cut to fit a booty, then yes. Her sizing is dead on.

macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macybare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my waist is currently 27 and my hips are 40inches, I can put on my 27(that comes to a 6 by normal standards) Guess jeans now but also fit in 29 without them being baggy, in dresses i wear a 4/6 and can sometimes put on a 2 depending. id say my normal jean size is an 8/10. according to a tailor for my bridesmaid dress I"m a size 12 bottom and a size 8 up top!
    So there one person anywhere from a 6 to 12 WTF!

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Could be vanity sizes.

Women are so fat here in TX, and so unwilling to admit it, a size 12 will come into the store asking for a size 6, and you have to humor her. It's gotten to the point that they even have to label clothing with the wrong sizes, ie, vanity sizes. In Texas, a size 6 is really a 12 in many establishments.

I don't quite understand it, but hey, I'm not a woman. It is pretty funny though. At least a man will own up to his fatness, and actually ask for a correct size when he goes to buy pants haha. No shame in yelling out "I need a 54 waist and 30 inseam!"

edit: My GF used to manage a boutique, and according to her, California is the only state that correctly labels womens' clothing. I guess everywhere else in the country women by in large are in experiencing some sort of fat delusion.

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its called Vanity sized... there have been many news stories on them.

edit what poster above said
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by javyn View Post

edit: My GF used to manage a boutique, and according to her, California is the only state that correctly labels womens' clothing. I guess everywhere else in the country women by in large are in experiencing some sort of fat delusion.

I lol'ed at your description.

Guess jeans labels their jeans by the size of your waist....e.g. I'm a 26
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Gotcurves25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Very curvy!

Wow you guys taller than me that means me having a big booty as a short woman, that I really have big butt compare to you guys! I am 4'11 and my measurements is 34-29-39 1/2 to a 40 inch butt! and proud of it because I lift weights and my butt pokes out like a basketball! lol since you guys taller you guys look slimmer in the booty, but my butt is like round and brown and never stay down LMAO! and plus I am short so you know what that looks like, it does stick out like hey look at me lol!

I also wear 4 in jeans in misses not juniors because I sure can't fit a 4 in Junior sizes! and I also can wear a 5 in misses as well! usually being short I should wear juniors by my butt pokes out tremendously!
    Last edited by Gotcurves25; 01-24-2011 at 04:23 PM.

pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find clothing sizes in GENERAL to be totally frustrating. I have very narrow waist and narrow hips, but THICK thighs/butt....so I literally have skirts at size 0 or 2, dresses at 2/4, pants at 4-6, jeans at size 4,5,6,9..heck, even a pair that's size 11!!! My measurements are 38-27-37.

I always advise people to never buy me clothes as gifts, because I'd have no idea what size to tell them!
    The only way to predict the future is to create it

Wow old thread is old
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

skinniemie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This works, actually

Late to the party - this thread is now about 9 years old. But those are practically my measurements. I'm 5'4", 34-25-40. Hourglass with a butt. I wear size 2/4 dress, size 4 skirt (usually) and size 2 jeans. They hug the butt, but 4 are too big in the thighs and I'm swimming in the waist. Bottom line: Kim checks out.