Joker4679 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help passing the ACSM exam

Im trying to get an ACSM certification. Iv been studying for the past month and read the whole book. I know that the exam is probably the hardest one out there but I hope it will help me when it come to getting hired by a gym. It looks to me like there is a lot of technical terms and things in the book that i didnt learn. My question is for the people who have taken it, is it really as hard as people say and do you really have to know all the things mentioned in the book? For example the anatomy of the spine and central nervous system, and all the names for the muscles even the smaller ones, and the chapters on how to teach your clients?

jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine had maybe like 4 questions on anatomy and they were almost all rotator cuff muscles. The sections i felt were the most challenging and extensive were:
    All the health screening/risk factors - know them inside and out
    Skinfold analysis - yeah there was like 5-6 questions just on skinfolds
    Nutrition - know about recommended intake of various groups/bodyweight
    Heart rate and related calculations - Lots of calculations
    Good luck !
    Applied Exercise Physiology Master's Student
    CSCS
    ACSM-CPT
    Rugger

Joker4679 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about the chapters on teaching the clients? was anything from those chapters on it? all that seems like a bunch of crap to me but i just want to be sure.

jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoffm8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there was a bit on the methods...not too specific. i think there was like less than 5 questions on that. look at it but dont waste time on it
    CSCS
    ACSM-CPT
    Rugger

jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000)

Acsm-cpt

when took i it was the wording more than anything that got me
    that is the hardest part since they dont write the test some other company does any they just pick questions
    American College of Sports Medicine Certified Trainer
    (ACSM-CPT)

Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
    (AFAA-Certified PersonalTrainer)

Surprise yourself and unleash your potential!!!!!

my limits.... glove up and try to find them!!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=305434971&posted=1#post305434971

ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jhoffm8 View Post
    Mine had maybe like 4 questions on anatomy and they were almost all rotator cuff muscles. The sections i felt were the most challenging and extensive were:
    All the health screening/risk factors - know them inside and out
    Skinfold analysis - yeah there was like 5-6 questions just on skinfolds
    Nutrition - know about recommended intake of various groups/bodyweight
    Heart rate and related calculations - Lots of calculations
    Good luck !
    a lot calculations is like..............?

Calculations involving METS, Target Heart rate zones, Cardiac output, Dietary intakes all kinda of goodies. I know for my next one im gonna write all the formulas i can on a seperate sheet to remember
    CSCS
    ACSM-CPT
    Rugger

jakj12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calculations involving METS, Target Heart rate zones, Cardiac output, Dietary intakes all kinda of goodies. I know for my next one im gonna write all the formulas i can on a seperate sheet to remember
    Hmm to much math for me lol !

ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctAL860 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good info.........damn