poyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Starting to cut, need a good fat burner...

Hey people, I want to make this short because I know not everyone wants to read a long thread, so I'll keep it short but sweet.

I've bulked up for the past few months, weighed around 172lbs, now im at 180lbs. Fat percentage is at %14 to date.

I try to workout 6x a week, D1) Chest & Tri's D2) Back & Shoulders D3) Biceps & Legs...day off...then start back up, but ill do a less intense workout for the next 3 days.

Ill try to incorporate 15min of cardio after each workout, which either consists of elliptical, row machine or bike. How many hours a week is average for cutting? I don't want to be doing to much.

I try to get 100g of protein per day (I know I should be getting more because of my weight, but its so costly atm for me), I take 10g of creatine & glutamine daily, and of course multivitamins every morning, and I have pretty clean healthy diet.

My question is, I wanted to know what cutting method best worked for them, and how to separate cardio from weight training, ALSO what fat burner worked best and which would you recommend for a first time fat burner user. I am really determined to do anything! nothing beats looking good on the beach for the summer time.
    Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion. - Muhammad Ali

naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by poyan View Post
    I try to workout 6x a week, D1) Chest & Tri's D2) Back & Shoulders D3) Biceps & Legs...day off...then start back up, but ill do a less intense workout for the next 3 days.
    ..No offenses but, your weekly programm sucks. If you had gotten more rest inbetween - I can assure you - you would have gotten better results. You need rest! Your muscles grow only when you rest.. If you wanna do 6x per week ( which you can ) split your workout better.

For example: Mo-chest,Tu-Arms,Wed-Legs.. etc.

Ill try to incorporate 15min of cardio after each workout, which either consists of elliptical, row machine or bike. How many hours a week is average for cutting? I don't want to be doing to much.
    Thats enough.. just make sure you do high intensity cardio and not the hamster-walk.. 1 hour on average heart rate.

I try to get 100g of protein per day (I know I should be getting more because of my weight, but its so costly atm for me), I take 10g of creatine & glutamine daily, and of course multivitamins every morning, and I have pretty clean healthy diet.
    How do you mean it gets on your cost? Protein is in food dude! Nobody says you must spend your money on expensive shakes! Those are just thought for supplement.

My question is, I wanted to know what cutting method best worked for them, and how to separate cardio from weight training, ALSO what fat burner worked best and which would you recommend for a first time fat burner user. I am really determined to do anything! nothing beats looking good on the beach for the summer time.
    >>I wanted to know what cutting method best worked
    I assume you just wanna lose body-fat, which is cutting.
    You can do that by an calorie deficit of 200-300 per day and good RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate), you can improve your RMR by doing compound-exercises: such as dead lifts, squats, lunges. The RMR is responsible for bout 60-70% of burned calories during the day, while your workout accounts on bout 20-30%, so your workout can pretty much be in vain when it comes to losing body fat: IF you dont have a good RMR.

>>ALSO what fat burner worked best
    There is no such thing as the magic PILL.. you burn fat by DOING something, all those pills are money-makers. You rather spend that money on your protein, which is much more important than those fat-burner pills .. -.-

>>I am really determined to do anything! nothing beats looking good on the beach for the summer time.
    Sorry to read that but: you wont burn much fat till summer 09. Its just simply impossible to make your abs visible in just 2-3months .. burning fat takes discipline and time. If you go on a crash fat-burner workout/diet thing..you ll just lose more muscle-mass than fat.

My recommendation is:
    Eat healthy. Do compound-exercises. Do some high intensity cardio. Get more rest. And if you keep the good work up .. you can probably lose 1-3% body fat till summer.

on a side note: body fat is something very individual.. gaining/losing it differs on every1 and some look way more lean than others, even tho they have more fat.. thats because, every body is self-responsible for his fat-storage.

PS: Here's a formula in which you can calculate your daily calorie needs..

Multiply your calculated RMR (below) by 1.3 (sedentary), 1.4 (moderately active), or 1.5 (very active). If you work out intensely 4-5 days/week or are active in sports or outdoor activities, use 1.5 as the multiplying factor.

RMR expressed in calories (kcal)/day
    Height expressed in inches
    Weight expressed in pounds
    Age expressed in years

For men: RMR = 66 + (12.7 x height) + (6.27 x weight) ? (6.8 x age)
    For women: RMR = 655 + (4.57 x height) + (4.36 x weight) ? (4.7 x age)

Example: A 190-lb male, 6?0? tall, 28 yrs old, very active
    Daily caloric requirements for weight maintenance =
    1.5 x (66 + (12.7 x 72) + (6.27 x 190) ? (6.8 x 28)) = 2972 calories/day

micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000) micro wave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking at you and you age I would think you would have an easy time burning fat with just 3-5 days of cardio added a week for 30-45 min. Find your BMR as listed by nat and subtract 500 calories. Eat that in 5-6 meals, your metabolism should be an inferno.

naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naratcis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by micro wave View Post
    Looking at you and you age I would think you would have an easy time burning fat with just 3-5 days of cardio added a week for 30-45 min. Find your BMR as listed by nat and subtract 500 calories. Eat that in 5-6 meals, your metabolism should be an inferno.
    cardio is a way to go, but damn who wants to do cardio 4-5 days a week ??
    You can just simply burn at least as much calories with doing circuit whole-body workout as doing some boring hamster-cardio.

I reduced my body fat from about 12% to 6.77% like that.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by naratcis View Post
    cardio is a way to go, but damn who wants to do cardio 4-5 days a week ??
    You can just simply burn at least as much calories with doing circuit whole-body workout as doing some boring hamster-cardio.

I reduced my body fat from about 12% to 6.77% like that.
    I agree with this.

I hates teh cardio.
    *No Crew*

TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TampaBayFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've started dragging myself onto the elliptical, It most defiantly helps.
    My new program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115717851

Trust me. The ellipitical is compared to compound exercises, where you train your whole body: ****.

Cause the elliptical is burning your calories JUST for the moment, after your workout, thats it. so you basicly go to the gym, do your elliptical - get out and have 500cals less from 1 hour cardio?

Why would you not wanna go to the gym, BURN those calories and increase your RMR to BURN more calories while you do 'nothing' during the day..?

I see so many hamsters at my gym.. especially women ( they think they get all pumped if they do some basic wholebody exercises ), but yeah.. you cant change it, let the ppl do their thing.

Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Once you get your diet and training in check you may want to try adding a fat burner like Shredz maximum strength fat burner it's new and getting great reviews among users it's a no bull**** fat burner that just plain works!
    Get Shredz!

www.GetSHREDZ.com