pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pyro123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lumbar disc bulge and exercises?

Hi people

I am hoping you can chime in and recommend couple of exercises to ease my back pain? The MRI shows signs of dessication and L4-L5 disc bulge. I am terrified that it will rupture. 8 months ago, i abuse my back doing back handsprings and i havent done any core exercises except the Mckenzie extensions and the use of the lumbar roll. I used the roll extensively for months until the pain shifted to my thoracic back. In the meantime i didnt do any core strength exercises and right now, my back hurts everytime i run or bend over/down. I cant do much around and feel hopeless. Sitting in my cubicle for 8 hours doesnt help much. So i need your wise advice

- Sitting with correct posture (110 deg) but avoid sitting forward or straight (90 deg)
    - Hyperextensions recently incorporated. Any other core strength ex?
    - Stretches. This is where I am lacking of imagination.
    - Pelvic tilt by my PT. But he was useless as he couldnt explain the proper form. He said to push down thus flatten the back. How do i do them? do i suck the stomach or do i push down. I am reading more and it looks like to suck your stomach and squeeze your buttocks tightly together
    - Once i get the pelvic tilt, i can do ab crunches.

thanks
    Last edited by pyro123; 04-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    5.8"
    170 lbs
    HITT-3 times/wk