Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calories burned from job??

I started a new job today and it's physical. For 6 1/2 - 7 hours I was pushing a trolly loading boxes and standing to assemble stuff and also a lot of squats to pick these boxes up. So I'm wondering how I should count all of that work. My regular bmr is 1650 and when I looked up calories burned standing/light-moddrrate effort it said 1200. I feel like that's way too high but I don't know. Can you guys help me out? And today is supposed to be a lower body workout day but my legs are killing me and I don't know if Ivan do it. But I would like to know how much calories to eat today
    Why So Serious?

Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dip87 View Post
    I started a new job today and it's physical. For 6 1/2 - 7 hours I was pushing a trolly loading boxes and standing to assemble stuff and also a lot of squats to pick these boxes up. So I'm wondering how I should count all of that work. My regular bmr is 1650 and when I looked up calories burned standing/light-moddrrate effort it said 1200. I feel like that's way too high but I don't know. Can you guys help me out? And today is supposed to be a lower body workout day but my legs are killing me and I don't know if Ivan do it. But I would like to know how much calories to eat today
    If you're trying to bulk this is easy. Just eat everything in sight.

If you are 22, 5'11, 135 lbs, you can bet your ass your metabolism is well high enough due to your ectomorphic genetics, so just pound the food back... and I mean like.. do it.

Don't eat a turkey sandwich and call it a meal. Eat a turkey breast sandwich and then another 4 slices of bread. That's a meal. Do the equivalent of that like 4-5 times a day. And make sure you got some mayo or avocado on that sandwich. And eat peanuts/butter throughout the day.
    Last edited by LatinoMusculito; 04-28-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    "A man becomes what he thinks about."

Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not on a REAL bulk. Just a tiny one because I dont want to gain to much weight. And if this helps yesterday I did 70mins lifting and 30 mins hiit. And tomorrow will be the same but I don't know if I can workout today. This job has me sooo exhausted and it doesn't help that I only got 4 hrs sleep last night

I just want to know what amount of cals I would need to maintain for today from this job. Would it be the same as a regular workout day (2500)?

EDIT: I'm not gifted with a high metabolism in fact it's slow. The only reason I'm this skinny is because I cut down to this weight from a fat/no muscle 188 pound person last year. And now I just want to be max like 150 of lean muscle
    Last edited by Dip87; 04-28-2009 at 12:58 PM.
    Why So Serious?

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in the summer I work landscaping, and I found it raised my intake by at least 1000cal every day. But it is probably a little more physical than your job

disorder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's no way you're at a healthy build at 5'11", 135 lbs.

"Spikes" insulin at night Bedwards's Avatar
    Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dip87 View Post
    I'm not on a REAL bulk. Just a tiny one because I dont want to gain to much weight. And if this helps yesterday I did 70mins lifting and 30 mins hiit. And tomorrow will be the same but I don't know if I can workout today. This job has me sooo exhausted and it doesn't help that I only got 4 hrs sleep last night

I just want to know what amount of cals I would need to maintain for today from this job. Would it be the same as a regular workout day (2500)?

EDIT: I'm not gifted with a high metabolism in fact it's slow. The only reason I'm this skinny is because I cut down to this weight from a fat/no muscle 188 pound person last year. And now I just want to be max like 150 of lean muscle
    If you're truly doing that much activity each and every day, I would estimate your maintenance calories fall around 3100-3200. Note, that is an estimate. You'll have to experiment with it.

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by disorder View Post
    There's no way you're at a healthy build at 5'11", 135 lbs.
    I agree he should be eating at least 3500 to 4000 calories if not more. Depends how much you sweat also. Try to fit in some fruits and vegetables. Take some fruits and nuts with your for convience during breaks, make sure to eat during your breaks at work. Try consuming some coconut oil it gives you a lot of energy. You can take up to 4 teaspoons daily.
    Last edited by GoogleFreak; 04-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    http://www.********.com/pages/Jersey-Fan-Page/36736240625?ref=nf

caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    uhh 1200 sounds about right. Gotta remember those calculators include your BMR calories that you WOULD HAVE been burning anyways if you were just sitting around. So your bmr is 1600ish, estimate that over 8 hours (1/3 of the day) 575ish calories would've been burned had you been doing absolutely nothing. 1200-575=625, which is more than believeable. I'd crank your calories all the way up considering your size.

go on the seafood diet (eat what you see). Make it halfway decent calories though.

Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well it's his own choice when he was over weight, and want to gain not too much weight now.

There are 3 methods to estimate your caloric needs. I scrap the first and the third one, third is the most accurate but needs your bodyfat %. Second one is very close to the third, doesn't take much.
    It's the Harris-Benedict formula
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
    Yours would be = 66+(13.7x61)+(5x180)-(6.8x22)= 1652

Multiplied with your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE)
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Very active seems alright so: 1652x1.725= 2850
    Yeah, your estimation was right. 1200 more for maintenance

If you want to gain weight slowly (which is better anyway for lean muscle IMO), just add 15-20% of your TDEE.

You can also use 1652x1.55(mod.active)= 2561
    I would go with very active or extra active in your case. You have to experiment how you feel a day with enough sleep, which one fares better.
    If those calories gives you enough energy.
    Last edited by Hilty; 04-28-2009 at 05:26 PM.