twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10)

car accident= No gym for a while

three weeks ago i got in a bad car accident and broke several ribs. after spending almost two weeks in the hospital and a week on bedrest at home eating very little due to anistetic i dropped 20 pounds going from 210 to 190, i have made a bit of progress but am still finding it hard to breathe. getting up and around the house leaves me breatheless but i push myself to strengthin my lungs again to get back into the gym. it is just very depressing watching all your hard work diminish knowing you can't do anything no matter how hard you try its out of your hands

rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rip405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

the most important thing is that you're alive to type this!

good luck bro!

twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10) twistedtank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks so much bro

gasoline and sparkplugs jamesk20's Avatar
    jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000) jamesk20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rip405 View Post
    the most important thing is that you're alive to type this!

good luck bro!
    this, man just think your alive to live another day, yes it does suck to see your gains melt away but you will live anpther day and when your able to work out again your determinattion will be so strong man. think about how motivated your gona be when you feel that pump in your blood again..i have had many set bacls none as severe as yours and it does suck dude but knowone knows how hard i work to keep my body and spirits high. and i thonk about this while in the gym and get work done man. just heal properly and you will be 110% in no time

krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10) krayden is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like they said...

Also, be happy that you can get back into the gym! I have a buddy who has some serious neck injuries from a car accident. He can't lift like he used to.

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got in an accident too, fractured my neck, upper back, and ive gotta be out for awhile as well. Like others said, lucky to be alive, and theres plenty of time to slowly get back into it for you.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was in a bad one years ago, my weight dropped from 205 to 155. I do credit getting into a PT program that got me my strength back. Ribs are hard to work around, my condition was worse with a broken sternum as well as other injuries.

Get well soon!

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Smile

thanks for all your guys encouragement to keep pushing your motivation drops when you are not able to do anything but sit around.

well heres how it happened i finished unloading the last trailer at work and left for home half way home there is an intersection and a guy ran a red light driving a big truck and plowed right into my lifted 4runner thats all i remember next thing i knew i woke up in the hospital with my brother and my girlfriend sleeping in chairs beside me. moral of the story wear a seat belt i didn't and i hit my head so hard i knocked myself out cold and got a nice cut. even thinking about it now scares the **** outta me knowing that could have been it for me. once your lights go out there is no second chances

The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by twistedtank View Post
    well heres how it happened i finished unloading the last trailer at work and left for home half way home there is an intersection and a guy ran a red light driving a big truck and plowed right into my lifted 4runner thats all i remember next thing i knew i woke up in the hospital with my brother and my girlfriend sleeping in chairs beside me. moral of the story wear a seat belt i didn't and i hit my head so hard i knocked myself out cold and got a nice cut. even thinking about it now scares the **** outta me knowing that could have been it for me. once your lights go out there is no second chances
    Same for me man, but I got thrown out of the car 20 feet! Be grateful.

20 ft wow thats brutal ,,,, through the window?

Originally Posted by twistedtank View Post
    20 ft wow thats brutal ,,,, through the window?
    Yeah, through the side door window, the impact was so strong it threw me right out of there. Just to think how hard the crash had to have been to throw a 200 lb 6'1 person out of the side window!

Originally Posted by The Director View Post
    Yeah, through the side door window, the impact was so strong it threw me right out of there. Just to think how hard the crash had to have been to throw a 200 lb 6'1 person out of the side window!
    lol and you fit? thats even more amazing bet the road rash felt real good to .... i can only image

deonpala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to revive a seriously old thread guys, but curious as to how long you were out of the gym??
    Ive recently had an accident myself, fractured my t2 vertebrae and damaged all the ligaments in my neck. Was in a neck brace for a total of 7 weeks.

If any of the guys here that have had a similar accident can tell me roughly how long you were out, id appreciate it. I cant really get a solid answer from my physio or GP on when its safe to return. Doc tells me to spk with the physio, physio tells me to talk to the doc.

Its been 4 months now since the accident.